“A "must do" in Nairobi!”
Review of The Talisman

The Talisman
Ranked #2 of 589 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featuring carved wooden pillars from Pakistan, elegant Afghan rugs, charming fireplaces, sprawling terraces and idyllic gardens, The Talisman blends fine dining with unbridled eclecticism. We have made every effort to create the ideal ambience for those seeking a candle-lit romantic dinner, a casual evening drink with friends, an outdoor lunch with family and everything in between ~ And all this is complemented by distinguished service from our cordial staff.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Our good friends David and Karen Sugden with Africa House Safaris introduced us to Talisman this past January and we absolutely loved it!
The atmosphere was young and upbeat with lots of locals and expats. Great bar and our food was over the top. I had two appetizers with the quail as my main course. Yum!!! If I were in Nairobi I would go there Tonight! In my opinion, Talisman is a must if you are in Nairobi!

Christine N, Guest Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thanks very much for the kind comments and we're really glad the quail "wowed" you. I'll be sure to share that with the kitchen team. Thanks to David and Karen Sugden with Africa House Safaris for bringing you out ,and we hope you'll be back next time you're in town. Karibu !

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Lovely garden setting under trees and open verandahs great food and wine. Excellent service. Make a reservation!

Thanks very much, and we hope to see you back again soon !

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Been there twice and it was great both times. When it got cold outside, the server was smart enough to bring me a blanket.

Thanks very much for the review and for taking the time to visit us more than once. Come again any time.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I went to Talisman and were very impressed. Since moving to Nairobi 7 months ago I have had to adjust my expectations and have typically been disappointed by the food, even by restaurants that have been recommended by friends and co workers. I now have two categories - good food and good food for Nairobi. Talisman that is quality food that can stand up anywhere- Nairobi or not. The service was great, the restaurant setting is beautiful and I cannot say enough great things. From Nairobi it can take some time to get there given the horrible traffic, but well worth it if you plan ahead. My husband got the chicken wings as an appetizer which he said were the best he has had since arriving and the beef he ordered was awesome. I typically won't eat the beef in Nairobi as it always had a poor aftertaste and is very tough, but not here. My gnocchi's were wonderful. Make the time to get out here!

Thanks so much for the ringing endorsement. We are delighted you found us worth the drive and that you enjoyed the food,ambiance and service. We'd love to welcome you back anytime. Karibu.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Spacious farmhouse style restaurant with vibey evenings frequented by expats. Huge lush gardens with good food take you back to the 60's in Kenya.

Thanks very much for the feedback. We're delighted you enjoyed your visit and look forward to serving you again any time. Karibu!