“Excellent Choice ......Great food”
Review of The Talisman

The Talisman
Ranked #2 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featuring carved wooden pillars from Pakistan, elegant Afghan rugs, charming fireplaces, sprawling terraces and idyllic gardens, The Talisman blends fine dining with unbridled eclecticism. We have made every effort to create the ideal ambience for those seeking a candle-lit romantic dinner, a casual evening drink with friends, an outdoor lunch with family and everything in between ~ And all this is complemented by distinguished service from our cordial staff.
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent Choice ......Great food”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was definately the best food I ate in Kenya. The restaurant is quite a way out of town in Karen but its worth the journey. The food is amazing and beautifully presented. I had Thai prawns followed by Ostrich fillet and all was GREAT. The staff are attentative and service was excellent. There were six of us in the group and we were all impressed.
Excellent choice and highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks so much for the ringing endorsement, Martin! We are delighted you found us worth the drive and that you enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the service. We'd love to welcome you back any time. Karibu!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Superb Nairobi Restaurant”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I went to The Talisman a few times whilst in Nairobi! The location, setting and decor is beautiful and is done in a very tasteful manner. The food is amazing with an ever changing menu full of interesting combinations. The service is very good and staff are attentive.

Overall it's is great value and well worth visiting this great Nairobi gem.

• Visited October 2013
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words and for taking the time to visit us more than once while here. We take that as a very high compliment! Would love to see you again when you're next in town. Karibu!
Timau, Rift Valley, Kenya
“FANTASTIC FOOD!!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spinach and egg yolk ravioli was fantastic!! and to finish the meal, a mouth-watering creme brulee! HIGHLY recommended!

• Visited October 2013
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words, and we'd love to see you here again any time!
Nairobi, Kenya
“It's packed!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Went yesterday, sunday- so it was packed.

Theme of most restaurants in Nairobi seems to be almost the same. Woods, fireplace, tribal, and more woods. Talisman is no difference so no exciting things in terms of atmosphere there.

Service was ok. Was directed to the place wrongly when we called for directions. I think they all assume everyone came from the city side taking Ngong Road. Staff are friendly but, probably due to the crowd, food was serve a bit too long.

I was surprised, they have Japanese on the menu. Have been looking for a place for my sashimi craving and I'd prob be here for it. Had sushis for starter and main dish which was fantastic.

I'll probably will come back.

• Visited October 2013
Thanks for coming by, and, yes, Sundays are always completely packed, which means service can be a bit slower. But we're delighted you enjoyed our Japanese selections, and we'd love to welcome you back on a quieter day for another meal with us. Karibu!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“I see now why this is no 1 in Nairobi”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I visited the restaurant on based on the feedback and recommendations seen here in trip advisor.

I wasn't disappointed.

I was welcomed warmly and seated inside near the bar area. Unfortunately there wasn't any seating free outside but as I hadn't booked i didn't expect to get the best seats in the house.

As well as the standard menu there was also a specials menu and I opted for two courses from this. I have pitta, crudités and hummus to start with beef massamam curry and naan bread for main.

It is no lie that the curry was one of the best I have ever tasted. Spicy but not overly so, with small cherry tomatoes giving sweetness to balance the dish where needed.

I would say of you have the chance to visit Talisman restaurant whilst in Nairobi go for it.

For the comfort, ambience and food it is well worth the cost - approx £17 for 2 courses, a beer and a bottle of water.

Highly recommended

Christine N, Guest Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you very much for leaving the kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the curry. I will be sure to pass the compliments to the chef and the kitchen crew. Karibu !