“Best restaurant we visited in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

+254 705 999997
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 463 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion, Gastropub, Italian, Japanese, African, Sushi, European, Asian, British, Central European, Gluten Free
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Featuring carved wooden pillars from Pakistan, elegant Afghan rugs, charming fireplaces, sprawling terraces and idyllic gardens, The Talisman blends fine dining with unbridled eclecticism. We have made every effort to create the ideal ambience for those seeking a candle-lit romantic dinner, a casual evening drink with friends, an outdoor lunch with family and everything in between ~ And all this is complemented by distinguished service from our cordial staff.
“Best restaurant we visited in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited this August with my sister who is a Nairobi resident. She voted this her number 1 restaurant in Nairobi. The atmosphere was lovely sat outside with hot coals burning next to you in the frog chimneas.

Staff were friendly and attentive.

The steak I had was first rate - best meal I had across my whole visit.

It's not inexpensive but uk comparable prices and well worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words, Holly! We're delighted your sister gave us such a ringing endorsement and that you enjoyed your meal with us. I'll be sure to pass your compliments to the chef and our staff. Come back any time!

• Turkish first
Sheffield, England
“Try the feta & coriander samosas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went for lunch on the back of the reviews I had read on here. Lovely setting. You can sit in, out or half way in between! I was half way, on the patio with a view of the beautiful fireplace and the gardens.

Alfonse, the head waiter, was very knowledgable and recommended the hibiscus lemonade which was delightful and the feta and coriander samosas which were delicious - the best samosas I've ever tasted. The pastry was incredibly crisp and light and although i'm not usually a fan of feta I loved them.

For main course I had the ostrich fillet (medium) I had first asked for it medium rare but then asked how the chef would recommend it and was glad I went with his recommendation: medium. It was very tasty and the beetroot salsa an cauliflower puree complimented it perfectly. The potato dauphinois was also tasty, if not a little too salty.

Dessert was apple and almond cake with ice cream. It was nice, but the samosas were still the star of the show.

Vanilla, honey bush and rose infusion tea was lovely.

1 Thank CandyMountain
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thanks so much for your detailed review. I will pass along your compliments to Chef Marcus and Alphonse--I know they'll both be pleased that you enjoyed their recommendations! Come back any time. It's a pleasure to serve you.
Manila, Philippines
“Great restaurant, excellent food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The menu is awesome with a wide variety of cuisines. Most of the Talisman is outdoors or open air indoors. Great experience, one of my favorite places.

Visited July 2013
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thanks very much for the kind words, Matt! We're delighted you enjoyed your meal with us and look forward to welcoming you back. Karibu!
“A welcome relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

After being told that we have an extra day in country due to our flight being delayed by 24 hours some of us were a bit anxious to get home. The atmosphere in Talisman was very relaxing, the setting tranquil and the food delicious. The moment we got to our table and tucked into our food I could see that the stress was let go.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks very much, and we're glad we could turn your delayed flight into a pleasant, relaxing experience. Come back again any time you're in town. Karibu!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food in a very nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Diner with friends. Special occasion. Talisman did not disappoint. The food here is awesome. Service is great. Good selection of wines. Atmosphere very relaxing. Fireplace. This is one of the best restaurants in Nairobi - for sure.

• 5 of 5 stars
J C, Public Relations Manager at The Talisman, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to post your review. We're delighted you enjoyed the food, the service and the ambiance. Come back again!