“Excellent food, excellent wine, excellent service, everytime.”
Review of The Talisman

The Talisman
Ranked #2 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featuring carved wooden pillars from Pakistan, elegant Afghan rugs, charming fireplaces, sprawling terraces and idyllic gardens, The Talisman blends fine dining with unbridled eclecticism. We have made every effort to create the ideal ambience for those seeking a candle-lit romantic dinner, a casual evening drink with friends, an outdoor lunch with family and everything in between ~ And all this is complemented by distinguished service from our cordial staff.
nairobi
“Excellent food, excellent wine, excellent service, everytime.”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

The service at the Talisman is possibly the best I have experienced in my 12 years of living in Nairobi. The food is always of the highest quality, varied and delicious. The atmosphere in the restaurant is a wonderful mix of lively and fun at the bar and cosy and intimate in the restaurant. The chef and the owners are always more than happy to chat, answer questions and make recommendations. You simply must try it.
Fiona

2 Thank fionanairobi

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Great place, Great food, great atmosphere - cosy”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Great place to spend and evening or afternoon.
Chefs special's are creative, varied and delicious. Markus has really done a great job in rejuvenating the menu. Personal favorites include the samosas, T Bones and the salmon and tuna. The desserts are delicious !
We go there often and have not been disappointed. Book for Sunday. lunch, it gets busy.
Bon a petit.
S

Nairobi, Kenya
“Overrated”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I'd heard such great things about Talisman that I was shocked at the lack of inventiveness and poor melding of flavors at this restaurant. They served fried pieces of wonton and tried to pass them off as "tortilla chips" in their nachos. Their basil tomato soup tasted like warmed up spaghetti sauce, and their avocado and mango salad was so inedible that I ended up just picking out the slices of mango and avocado and leaving the entire salad. I thought that maybe I was just being too picky so I asked my friends if they wanted it and they both passed it over after one bite. The only thing that I thought was done well were the "chips" on my friend's fish and chips plate, but even the ketchup had too much vinegar. My friend had croquettes infused with wasabi that were also inedible. All in all I was unable to finish any of my food because it was bland at best unpalatable at worse.

The service, however, was wonderful, it was raining and they met us at our car with umbrellas. They also brought us a small clay warmer with hot coals to warm us up and offered my friend a blanket. The ambiance is lovely and they show some really great works by local artists. They also had live music playing and the singer was excellent. I'd say that this place is top notch to go for drinks after work but skip the food. It really is among Nairobi's worst.

Reading, United Kingdom
“Simply the best restaurant in Nairobi”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

A simplified, well balanced menu and interesting, tasty specials, Talisman offers a warm welcome, cosy surroundings and consistently delicious meals.

My favourites include the Buffalo wings with peri peri butter and blue cheese dip, Thai Red Curry and the fried crab dumplings.... And a trip to Talisman just wouldn't be the same without those LEGENDARY feta cheese and coriander samosas.

1 Thank sjr1975
Nairobi
“Delectable Flavours”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Talisman is just one of those places that was 0.2kms from my house that i had just never really paid attention to their food. When i went there it was in the evening and i sat behind a tree in a place i felt had nice ambiance. I ordered for the Thai Chicken Curry and Jasmine Rice. I am basically one of those people who can order for the same thing at different restaurants to compare flavors. I must say the dish was really really good. I have been on a quest in search of a really good Thai Chicken Curry made in red curry paste and i found the excellent flavors at Talisman. My need to go for a culinary holiday in Bangkok Thailand in search for a great Thai Chicken Curry has been put on hold. However, i feel the positioning of our table behind the tree made the service towards our table really slow. Maybe next time rearrange the restaurant to have tables in the waiters line of view.

• Visited May 2011