“Delectable Flavours”
Review of The Talisman

The Talisman
Ranked #2 of 628 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Featuring carved wooden pillars from Pakistan, elegant Afghan rugs, charming fireplaces, sprawling terraces and idyllic gardens, The Talisman blends fine dining with unbridled eclecticism. We have made every effort to create the ideal ambience for those seeking a candle-lit romantic dinner, a casual evening drink with friends, an outdoor lunch with family and everything in between ~ And all this is complemented by distinguished service from our cordial staff.
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Talisman is just one of those places that was 0.2kms from my house that i had just never really paid attention to their food. When i went there it was in the evening and i sat behind a tree in a place i felt had nice ambiance. I ordered for the Thai Chicken Curry and Jasmine Rice. I am basically one of those people who can order for the same thing at different restaurants to compare flavors. I must say the dish was really really good. I have been on a quest in search of a really good Thai Chicken Curry made in red curry paste and i found the excellent flavors at Talisman. My need to go for a culinary holiday in Bangkok Thailand in search for a great Thai Chicken Curry has been put on hold. However, i feel the positioning of our table behind the tree made the service towards our table really slow. Maybe next time rearrange the restaurant to have tables in the waiters line of view.

1  Thank NittyGrittyEvents
Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed June 3, 2011

After a day of shopping and sightseeing in Karen, my travel companion and I stopped in at the highly-recommended Talisman. We were seated next to the fire at a table with a cushioned bench on one side and chairs on the other. The waitstaff were a bit slow, but the food was superb and the setting just delightful. I had the tuna sashimi and avacado salad in addition to a special appetizer, a shrimp tempura roll. My companion had the eggplant salad. There was a gorgeous series of black & white photographs displayed throughout the restaurant. Lively bar scene! But also sat near a family. There is something for everyone here, with enough space so no one feels crowded. Highly recommend!

1  Thank NotALostWanderer
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I'll start with the bitter and move on to the sweet, we found the place online here on Trip Advisor and imminently told the taxi driver to take us there. Little did we know that it was 20 mins drive from the city center and we were hungry as hell.

We arrived at a place that i can only describe as a old mansion from the colonial times and infact it was one. With lots of room both indoor and both outdoor to welcome the smoking and non smoking guests we found the place to be very pleasant and welcoming with fire places for those chilly night.

The food was simply amazing, every single dish we chose was both handsome of portion and simply divine to the taste including the huge desert we had

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Located in the leafy, former British colonial neighborhood of Karen, Talisman is nested in an incredible house entirely decorated with lovely Pakistani antiques and surrounding a beautiful garden. The place is classic haunt for posh white Kenyans and internationals on week-ends, especially at lunch. It becomes even more atmospheric at night, when the bar and firepits spring back to life. Prices are hefty for Kenya, but the food is excellent.

2  Thank allega
Reviewed May 5, 2011

The restaurant is fantastic, the food is amazing, especially the Feta Samosa's. Great place to head for an afternoon of "socializing" .

2  Thank benkelliher