WINNER WONDERLAND

“Good setting but very slow service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Posts Hotel

Blue Posts Hotel
Ranked #58 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
“Good setting but very slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I went to Blue Post with a couple for friends for lunch. It was my first time there and I didn't know what to expect. The garden just outside the restaurant has a spectacular view of a waterfall. I found this place very Kenyan. I don't know how to explain it really. There was a 2 man band playing kenyan songs, mostly mugithi.
We found the service painfully slow and when the food finally arrived it was quite honestly not worth the wait.
It still is a nice place to just chill with friends and family on a Sunday afternoon. They have a coffee shop a restaurant and a bar so there's something for everyone. There is also enough space for kids to play.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
John_Ngossorr, General Manager at Blue Posts Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Hello JoeM,
First,I'd like to thank you and your friends for visiting the Blue Post Hotel for a relaxing afternoon. I am glad you enjoyed the serenity of our gardens and the spectacular view of the chania falls.
I would like to pass my apologies for the long duration that you had to wait for your food and to assure you that service time for food has been addressed and is now significantly faster.
Thank you for letting us know about your experience as this has enabled us address issues relating to guest satisfaction as this is our top most goal. Karibu tena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Try the reasonable priced buffet at only 1200 ksh for chicken, stew beef and lots of vegetables. Good lunch option is spicy Samosas + soup. Also tried the Soup of Muteta, a bush broth made with bones and served with Muteta broth, an herb broth. Interesting flavor but not a soup that I could finish and don't need to try again.
Sitting outside near the falls is beautiful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
John_Ngossorr, General Manager at Blue Posts Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Hello bjlemont,

We are glad you had a nice stay at Blue Post and that you enjoyed our delicacies and the spectacular view of the falls. We will be looking forward to your next visit.

Thank you for staying with us.
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was meant to be a memorable trip but I found the hotel not up to the hype. The falls were splendid to watch but the hotel has not done a lot to make the view better. They should even put some seats by the viewpoint to make it better. The rooms were very average and they need to be made a lot better for a hotel that is so close to Nairobi. I had to get two room changes after the first ones turned out to have a faulty bathroom. The staff was very helpful on this though. There I have to give them points. The food was also very average and I think the meals are not worth the cost. Finally, they have a very lovely garden. One of the best I have seen in a long time. Actually, I would visit the hotel just to relax in the garden as I look over at the waterfall. All in all, I was not very impressed and do hope that when I visit it next the experience will be much better.

Room Tip: Make sure you test your room facilities before you settle down.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Martin_Wahogo
Hi Martin,

Firstly i would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Blue Post Hotel and for your positive comments about our location, landscaping and staff. It is very regrettable that bathroom in the room your were allocated was faulty and this will be looked into as a matter of priority. Your comments about the food being average have also been noted and be sure that the next time you visit there will be major a major improvement on this.

Your comments about the seats at the view point have also been registered.

Again thank you for staying with us and for taking time to give us feedback on your experience during your stay.
Nairobi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

its a great place to relax located in the middle of two waterfalls and if you are with kids they will be def kept busy at the kids section not to forget the park where kids were so happy to see a few species of wildlife. my draw back thou was on food and service. food wasn't great and the staff were also slow on responding. my guests were served food on small melamine plates which was such a dissapointment! improve on food and service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Louisita7
Hello Louisita7,

Thank you very much for visiting Blue Post Hotel and taking time to give us feedback on your experience during your visit. We are glad that you got to enjoy our beautiful scenery and that the children had fun at our Animal and children's parks.

Your comments regarding your experience on the F&B section have been registered and we would like to guarantee you'll have a much better experience in your next visit.

Thank you again and please visit us again.
Lelystad, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

After having experienced a robbery in a guesthouse elsewhere in the city, I was overwhelmed by the tranquility of the area.
Green fields, colorful flowers, many tall trees and well maintained. And yes the cascading Chania waterfall. It all eases your mind and puts your tired body to rest.
Staff professionally correct but a little stand-offish, rooms perfectly cleaned but simple and showing some deferred maintenance, many guards on duty and a swift power back-up system. But the restaurant will never be my choice again: high prices for low quality food and one day not serving as ordered and an other day I unfortunately experienced a sleepless night with frequent bathroom attendance. And all this after a simple meal of rice and cooked veggies.
But everybody says that this is the best in town and that it is owned by the Nations President (and family).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Blantyre, Malawi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Friendly staff, limited facilities, very average. The location watching the water falls is meant to be a big draw, but the falls lie under a busy road bridge so are hardly the most beautiful. Not a place to rush back to.

Room Tip: The room was quiet and reasonably clean.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank malawiman34
Aaron_Ndegwa, Accountant at Blue Posts Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Hi,

Thank you for visiting our property and taking time to comment about it on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that the staff treated you well and you were happy with the service. We will take your comments under advisement and work on creating more activities for our visitors to engage in.
Masai Mara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

We wanted to spend a night in Blue Post hotel (4 of us) and invite 5 persons for dinner to celebrate the birthday of a 3 years old girl, daughter of one of us. Yes the location is nice, facing Chania waterfall. On that day there was a big group celebrating a graduation. they were in the garden. At 7.00 PM all of them left as there was no light. Maybe they could stay longer and spend more money, enjoying. We reserved 2 rooms in Chania Wing, as we've been told it the best wing. Rooms are simple, the building needs maintenance, renovation, like many hotels in Kenya. I read a review that the staff are horrible, this is the worst part of that place. As a hotelier, I can say the staff are what the management makes them. Yes, the service is a bit low, but where are the HODs to make sure everything is going well? A young lady, Ruth was our waitress and until late in the evening you saw her going from tables to tables serving. The following day, I left an envelope for her at the reception. hope she got. Before going back Nairobi, we went to Fourtenn Falls. I haven't been there for the last 20 years; Even I had problem to find them. Now you pay to see the waterfalls. There's so many young boys ready to accompany you like "tour guides". The place is so dirty that I can't imagine people will continue to pay to see that place. It's so dirty that it's sticking. Of course the boys around blame Nairobi people who are the ones who make that pollution. Please go there and even try to convince by one way or another to keep that place clean.

Room Tip: Chania Wing room 105
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tweety24MasaiMara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nairobi
Cravers Grill Thika
Nairobi Central Business District
West Breeze Hotel
West Breeze Hotel
#40 of 161 in Nairobi

Been to Blue Posts Hotel? Share your experiences!