“The best home away from home i've stayed in! 5/5!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wildebeest Eco Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Wildebeest Eco Camp
You added Wildebeest Eco Camp to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 217 Nairobi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The best home away from home i've stayed in! 5/5!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

I've just completed some charity work in Nairobi and on the recommendation of friend I stayed and the Wildebeest camp - and I am soooo glad I did!
I stayed in one of the large tents with a beautifully firm double bed in it at the bottom of the lush green garden.
The facilities and accommodation were spotless and the friendly owners Alan and Lynita and their son Ollie made the place a real home away from home.

I am travelling back to Kenya later this year and will be staying here again and I thoroughly recommend the Wildebeest camp to anyone looking to stay in the area.
Thanks

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank YourNiceApartment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

We stayed in the "Luxury Tents" and were wowed by the tents, other guests and tours. At first we were skeptical of the tents, but they are extremely clean and nice. The tents are an experience worth having.

Try their tours, among the best we had in Africa, especially the Kibera tour.

They provide excellent service. The hotel staff even came to our rescue when when the corrupt Nairobi Police were demanding money with AK-47s to our backs (NO JOKE).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LivingIF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Travelled to Kenya last year and used Wildebeest as a base each time I passed through Nairobi. I arrived as a solo traveller and then finally 21 of my friends and family joined me for a few days before we went into the Mara. Wildebeest offers great accomodation at extremely reasonable rates, especially when compared to hotel rates. Owned and run by an Aussie couple who offer a super relaxed yet social environment to all their customers. Dan organised all my taxi trips to and from the airport at very competitive rates. The food is great and the bar is open till the last person goes to bed. Perfect for travellers on a budget and the luxury tents are more than sufficient for the mature travellers (my folks and their friends were very pleased). If you are expecting to be waited on hand and foot - stay elsewhere (I'm sure Lynita would agree). I loved my stay and will def be back the next time I swing through Nairobi!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank kimtucker
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

Wildebeest camp was a perfect escape from the Nairobi noise and traffic jams, a leafy oasis of birdsong and calm. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, taking messages and helping out when my partner's flight was delayed. The place is ideal for those who are backpacking, volunteering and just passing through, as long as you're pretty chilled out and keen to socialise. It's a great location, not too far along the Ngong Road and the city is walkable from here - you'll probably get to town quicker than any car or bus by walking. A great place to stay in Nairobi.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M-and-D-on-safari
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Stayed here for a few days whilst I had a stop over in Nairobi. It's a great little place, I had booked airport transfers and these were on time and reliable. Check in was swift even though I arrived late at night and all of the staff were ever so helpful, cheerful and just generally lovely! Every time you would see them about the place they would stop and chat which was really sweet.

I stayed in a Safari tent and this was a great experience as you have a lovely comfy double bed and en suite and yet you are in a tent.... Food was good and reasonably well priced though the portions were a little small but then if you're too lazy to go out to eat then it's certainly fair enough.

Overall this place in the centre of town, very safe, is in a lovely setting in the garden of a large colonial house and is generally a really nice and cheap place to stay. Not really a criticism as it's not the fault of the owners or staff but if there is large group there (normally only there for one night passing through) things can get a little loud quite late on in to the night but this is probably made worse by staying in a tent!

Fantastic place to stay!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank AirMonkey
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

4 of us, we had 3 nights in Wildebeest Camp. Actually everything is wonderful, the tents, clean restrooms, food, ..etc. except the owners, who are very arrogant and have no interest in customer satisfaction. The lady offered english lessons to my friend after they come to an aggrement about the commision of the visa card. We really have no idea what her problem is. Anyhow the place is really comfortable and nice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank baharmumcu
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I stayed at the Wildebeest camp in June 2010 on my way down to Mt Kilimanjaro. I arranged for them to pick me up from the airport. As they said, they were there waiting and had a meal prepared when i arrived at the hostel!

Its just a beautiful building and garden. The staff are friendly, as are the dogs. You are really made to feel like a guest in their house rather than it just being a place to stay.

If I could go back tomorrow and enjoy a Tusker with the other travellers, I'd be a happy man.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo