“Funtastic :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magic Horizon Hot Air Balloons

Magic Horizon Hot Air Balloons
Ranked #5 of 30 Outdoor Activities in Luxor
More attraction details
Owner description: WE FLY PASSENGERS INTO THE SUNRISE AND OVER LUXOR, THE BIGGEST OPEN-AIR MUSEUM ON THE PLANET.The magic flight starts before dawn when our staff will pick passengers up at their Luxor accommodation ferry them across the Nile by Felucca motorboat and drive them to the take-off point. Guests will glide up from the West Bank in an expertly piloted balloon and float over Luxor enjoying a bird's eye view of all the important landmarks of the West Bank.
Udhailiyah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Funtastic :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've been to a balloon ride before in Cappadoccia, Turkey. This one in Luxor is much more organized.There were practically no time wasted for waiting. We were picked up at our cruise ship at 5 AM, ride a boat where we were served with hot tea/coffee and a biscuits then a private bus to the launch site. As soon as we arrived, we were given safety briefing, and off we go.

We flew about 90 minutes, the captain was very clear at explaining the view and kind enough to turn the balloon around several times so people in the different side of the basket can see the same view. The landing was controlled and very smooth.After landing, we were brought to the agreed place where we met with our private tour guide. My kids, 11, 8, and 5 years old enjoyed the ride so much. Overall very recommended

1 Thank Prikitiew

San Jose, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I've always wanted to go hot air ballooning so when the opportunity came up to go hot air ballooning over Valley of the Kings on the West Bank and it was pretty inexpensive I was all in! My friend coordinated everything but it was $70 per person or 420 Egyptian Pounds. They take card but prefer cash of course. They came by my cruise ship on the Nile to collect the money the day before.

What you can expect:
- They pick you up in front of your cruise/hotel at around 5:15am
- You go to a motorboat with other people where they have coffee/twinkie provided for breakfast and ride to the West Bank
- They load you into a HUGE hot air balloon basket with about 20 other people. You are sectioned off in the basket for weight distribution purposes.
- A hot air balloon conductor- in our case Bob takes you up and up and away!
- Its a 360 view and you get to see so much of the West Bank- from Valley of the Kings/Queens, all the greenery and fields, The Nile, Temples, etc
- Best part was seeing the SUNRISE. It was so magical.
- You can also see tons of other hot air balloons and companies at the same time
- They take a video on the hot air balloon that you can purchase after (I didn't- just took a lot of pictures)
- They give you a certificate of hot air ballooning
- They then take you back to the motorboat, and drop you off at your hotel/cruise

Great experience!!

1 Thank aratanawan
Brighton, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing wonderfull adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We were looked after from becoming till end felt very safe..wad a purely amazing experience the piliot was knowledgeable funny and talented x

Moreton Morrell
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lifetime Experience, Unbelievably Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

An extraordinary experience and being someone scared of heights, I was a little apprehensive initially but never felt a hint of vertigo at all, one of the best things I did on holiday ... marvellous to do this when the weather is guaranteed year round and there is no wind so you just magically float up and down, quite phenomenal and such amazing value. The views were breathtaking and to see the sunrise over the Nile was incredible ... you could also see the temples well and the memory will stay with me forever, just do it!

ireland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“balloon flight over luxor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

my flight in a balloon over Luxor was great.Its a very early start maybe 5AM ish.All the stuff goin over the Nile in a boat.and when you get to the Balloon its very impressive to see the massive balloons and the flames inside them.After safety instruction we lifted off.Magic to see the Nile at Sunrise.We set down later on a Sugarcane field.Well worth the experiance.At the time I had serious tummy probs and thought hard about goin,when we got to Altitude all my tummy problems stopped and started again when we desended to the sugarcane field.The lads in the band and dancing started and I politely declined,my hotel toilet was my best friend at the time.I will take this trip again hopefully when my stomach is ok.

Visited February 2012