“Good quality food”
Review of The Lantern Room

The Lantern Room
Ranked #1 of 158 Restaurants in Luxor
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We visited the Lantern twice in our week long stay. The hostess was fabulous, the food excellent. My only complaint is the air conditioning! Brrr!

2  Thank Lydia W

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Absolutely fantastic food! The owner Debbie and her staff run one of the best restaurants I have eaten in. The menu is varied from Egyptian food such as tagines to traditional English favorites, including a traditional Sunday roast with the crispiest roast potatoes and fluffiest yorkshire puddings ever.

The prices are extremely reasonable, the portions huge, the quality of ingredients excellent, the service extremely efficient, stylish and impeccably clean . . . there are daily specials and Debbie even gave us free puddings to try - all home made all amazing. I can not fault this restaurant other than I could not manage 3 courses - it was difficult enough to eat just one - but you have to do your best !!!!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Having just returned from 2 weeks in Luxor we ate every night at the Lantern apart from Wednesdays when they are closed. This is an outstanding restaurant which has recently been refurbished and a new extensive menu. Debbie and her staff provide an excellent welcome and the service is of a high quality. The food is equally of a high standard and there is so much choice. At the moment there are not many tourists in Luxor but the lantern was very busy nearly every night and this in its self is a testimony or the quality of this restaurant. Thank you Debbie hope to see you very soon when we are next back in Luxor.

1  Thank benjie3434
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Fantastic menu of English and Egyptian food,lovely restaurant we highly recommend it,remember to book a table if you can as it gets busy,

1  Thank GeorgeHood
Reviewed May 4, 2014

I specifically wanted to visit this restaurant after reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor. We walked in and 'All 4 One - I Swear' was playing (remember that?).

Many tabled had a 'reserved' sign on, and after it had been a mission to find an open restaurant at lunchtime, I was wondering just how packed it would get in here. Pretty much every table was occupied by the time we left.

The decor is very English as are the people! It seemed we were the only tourists here, and everyone else knew each other and appeared to be expats.

It was almost like being in a scene of Eastenders or Coronation Street, but with a classier backdrop. That is why it felt so 'weird' and surreal! I just didn't expect this in the centre of Luxor of all places.

Moving onto the food.. wow wow wow. Oh I was so happy to come here.. honestly the food is incredible and I wish I was hungrier so I could have eaten more! The restaurant may call itself an English restaurant, but don't be fooled.. the Egyptian menu is awesome. I had a chicken grill which was the best I ate in Egypt.

I wanted to come back here but there was simply no time.

I have to comment the owner of the restaurant. She was so friendly - walking around each table making sure everyone was happy/satisfied. This was reassuring and I wish I could have had a conversation with her, but I was too busy stuffing my face with glorious food!

In summary, visit this restaurant if you're in Luxor - it's a gem.