All reviewsrooftop terraceluxor templealadin toursal sahaby lanebudget hotelwest bankrestaurant downstairstrain stationgame meatno elevatorcentral locationclean roomsnile rivercleaning staffvisiting luxorballoon tripegyptian food
Reviewed December 16, 2010

The Nefertiti Hotel is tucked in a small ally way (as most hotels in Luxor are). It's quite clean and the staff is attentive and very willing to help.

The manager of the hotel has many connections and resources if your interested in hiring a car (which we did to take us to Aswan). The nice thing is, he's not pushy about it either so there's no pressure to buy what he's selling. His English is supurb as well which I'll admit was quite unarming.

Overall, a great place to stay while in Luxor.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

recommended by lonely planet as their fav budget hotel, this place exceeded even my expectations. Located just beside Luxor Temple, you can see the Nile river and West Bank from the terrace (good place to chill day and night), wireless, decent drinks.
Restaurant downstairs is a great convenience for ppl who don't wanna walk too far. Clean rooms, nice decor, too good for a budget hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This was a great hotel. It's perfectly located - center of Luxor's east bank, right next to Luxor Temple and in the souk, 5 minutes walk to the ferry that takes you to the west bank, and 5-10 minute walk to the Luxor Museum. Making the reservation was slightly difficult as the fax number is the same as the phone number, but after faxing a few times and calling, my fax finally went through. One thing I didn't like was that we were supposed to reconfirm our reservation two days before arrival, which can be tricky when you're traveling as you don't always have easy internet access (and I was worried we'd forget), but I didn't forget and we did have access, so we were all set.
When we arrived, our room wasn't ready yet, so as we waited in reception we were provided with a free welcome drink (I had lemon juice - delicious) and were walked through all of the hotel's travel services/options (we didn't do any as I'd already arranged for a private guide).
Our room was on the second floor, right above the restaurant, so it was kind of noisy at night, but it didn't bother us. The room was very clean and had a double bed, refrigerator, tv, and air conditioner. The bathroom (also super clean), though small, had the best shower of all the hotels we stayed at. It's true that it's not a separate shower - the bathroom itself becomes a shower by closing the toilet lid, removing the toilet paper, and closing the bathroom door - but the water pressure and heat and position of the shower head was perfect. The water drains immediately, and the bathroom dried out surprisingly fast post-shower. The hotel provides each room with towels and soap. There's also free wi-fi, which works everywhere (including the roof deck), but not consistently, which was frustrating. The roof deck was very nice - the view was amazing, and breakfast was served here (you could also order from the restaurant's menu up here). The breakfast (included in the room price) was also the best breakfast on our trip. There were made to order omelets (you could add cheese, tomatoes, and/or peppers), plain, slightly sweet breadsticks, sweet tea-cake type bread, cereal and milk, sweet buns w/ dates or figs inside, tea, coffee... and some other things that I can't remember. I just remember there being a lot of good options, and it was all very fresh. However, the to-go breakfast (we did a hot air balloon one morning and had to leave at 5:30am) was not great - just two breadsticks, a hard-boiled egg, and a soft cheese wedge.
The restaurant, though a little pricey (120 EGP for lunch for two), was also great. We ate here twice and everything we had was delicious.
Overall, I was very happy with this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2010

Beware, the prices quoted on their website for tours, according to Miss Eman Ahmad, is "just a starting point". I tried to booked their highlights of luxor tour and was quoted a price way above what was stated on their website, and when I asked about the discrepancy, was given the above statement.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Fietslvr
Reviewed December 5, 2010

The room was realy friendly and cozy.Came with a full bathroom and a refrigerator and a tv.t was priced very reasonble and right in the mist of it all . It had a roof retreat with a bedowen style .Internet service was available with a library and sheshas to enjoy. Breakfast was included . They went all out ,omlets,fruit,3kinds of sweet breads,yogart,cereal,meats, cheeses,and tea or nescafe.a great way to start the day.I would recommend this to anyone and I would stay there again.there was a resturant right outside the door . and from there the souk.The view of the Nile from the roof was unbelieveable along with the luxor temple right on the other side of the street . I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: November 2010