“Nice Hotel- Excellent Staff”
Review of Nefertiti Hotel

Nefertiti Hotel
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Miami, Florida
“Nice Hotel- Excellent Staff”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. They offered me an airport pick-up which worked out perfectly. Upon arrival I met Mohammed, the Hotel manager. Great person. I couldn’t feel more comfortable. He quickly helped me figuring out my itinerary for the next day and was also very helpful arranging transportation to Hurghada by bus. -He even went with me to take the bus!!! The hotel is nice and clean. The rooftop and the location are unbeatable…very nice view of the Nile and the Luxor temple. The restaurant in the first floor has a very nice menu with very good prices. I was a female traveling by myself and Mohammed made it very easy for me to join the group tours of other people at the Hotel, which was very convenient for everybody as we all saved money that way. I’m very happy I stayed at this Hotel and would recommend it 100%.
if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Laura.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank lauradls
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the Nefertiti Hotel. We sincerely appreciate receiving comments and feedback in order to continually improve on our service.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel one day soon.

Aladin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Good price, clean rooms, great location and amazing staff. We arrived at 5:30am off the sleeper train from Cairo and were given our room on arrival. The roof top patio over looks Luxor temple and is a great atmosphere. The food at the restaurant was very good and we didn't feel the need to eat anywhere else. Breakfast was huge and complimentary so you really can't go wrong. We booked an air balloon tour, and 2 to the west bank which were very good and affordable. We felt the staff were genuinely concerned about their guests. The ONLY bad experience we had there was actually with 2 drunk guests who woke us up at 1am while yelling and smashing glass. It was a 2 1/2 hour ordeal but the staff handled the situation and even called us to let us know everything was okay and not to worry. We were very thankful for that! I Would 100% recommend this hotel!

3 Thank Travel_BugYYC

Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We had an absolutely lovely time at this hotel. Hands down one of the nicest overall places we have stayed at in our many travels around the world. Without question, the staff are the number one asset!! Closely behind is the location...it is directly across from the Luxor Temple (beautiful to explore at night) and the open air rooftop terrace overlooks the Nile River and the Valley of the Kings/Queens to the west. It is perfect for reading, playing on the net or just enjoying the view. The Luxor Museum is a simple 10 min walk along the Corniche as well.

The restaurant is excellent--all the ingredients are organic and locally sourced. The chef is great and the menu is expansive (western food as well as Nubian and Egyptian).

The tours are very reasonably priced and several to choose from. To take a sunrise hot air balloon ride for $45 Canadian, with every detail perfectly coordinated? What a deal! They were also perfectly willing to customize day tours for us :)

In fact I'm so impressed with this hotel, I'm actually writing this on the roof top terrace where we have just ordered our supper before catching the 10:30pm sleeper train to Cairo. Our family has felt completely safe, the room was plenty big enough and the water was hot!

We would recommend this hotel to ANYONE travelling to Luxor, and certainly families travelling with older children (ours are 14 and 12).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ahje
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012

We are delighted that your family enjoyed staying at the Nefertiti Hotel and that you enjoyed your time in Luxor. We very much look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I arrived in Luxor with a very limited time left in Egypt & wanted to make the most of my few days left, after reading in the Lonely Planet about this hotel (& that it had a tour operator working within it) I decided to get a taxi straight there from the station. I was greeted by the friendliest of staff & explained my situation & they immediately made me feel relaxed. After being shown the wonderful rooms and roof terrace restaurant with it's beautiful views of the Luxor Temple I sat down for a cup of tea with Mohammed in the brilliant street restaurant outside.

Within 10 minutes he had written me a schedule planning out my stay, he fitted in all the amazing sights I wanted to see, suggested things I could do for free, what was open when & told me about amazing shops and eateries, even a balloon trip for the sunrise!!!!

All the staff at the hotel were super friendly and each day after a long day sight seeing I would get back and sit down to a cup of tea with Aladin or Mohammed and chat like old friends.

It's not often you go somewhere and feel instantly relaxed and among friends but that is how this place felt, at one point a horse carriage asked me where I was going & I replied "Home", I guess that's how comfortable I felt there.

The location is great, the food is great and the staff are great, all that wrapped up with a great price what more could you want.

Thank you guys.

Jake

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jake R

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great meeting you and we certainly hope to see you back here, your home, one day soon!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nefertiti is a simple hotel with clean, modestly decorated, but comfortable rooms with air conditioning and ensuite bathrooms. A delicious and substantial breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace which offers terrific views of the Nile River and Luxor Temple which is across the street. Wifi is available throughout the hotel, even in our room. The location is fantastic, just around the corner from the Luxor Temple and the Nile River. We found this hotel offered excellent value for the money.

The hotel has a restaurant (Al Sahaby Lane Restaurant and Aladin Cafe) and a travel agency (Aladin Tours) as well. Food was typical Egyptian cuisine and was very tasty. In fact, we ate all our meals at the restaurant. We organized some tours as well with them and we were very satisfied with everything. Our guide, Hassan, was very knowledgeable and passionate about Egyptian history. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he was enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge with us. The early morning balloon ride was amazing and a must do when in Luxor.

We felt like we were visiting family at this hotel. Aladin, the owner, made sure everything was to our satisfaction. Mohammed who was in charge of the tour agency even called us when we were out on tour and spoke to us personally to ensure everything was to our liking. We were pleasantly surprised to receive this kind of personal service, and it made our visit to Luxor so much more enjoyable.

For a more detailed account with pictures, check out our blog (chrisandchrisbreakfree.com):

1 Thank ChristinaAndChris

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it was our pleasure to help make your holiday in Egypt an enjoyable one and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel one day soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We really loved this place. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and accomodating. We arrived at 6am even though we weren't due to check in until early afternoon, but they checked us into our rooms anyway. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the air conditioning was lovely. The rooftop restaurant lounge was great too. It was comfortable, the food was good, and it had a terrific view of Luxor. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Luxor. And I'd highly recommend visiting Luxor.

1 Thank maxlevin13

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel again soon!