Nefertiti Hotel
$71
$80
$71
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop terraceluxor templealadin toursal sahaby lanewest bankbudget hotelrestaurant attached to the hoteltrain stationno elevatorcentral locationclean roomsegyptian hospitalitynile riverabu simbelour tour guidelocation is excellentcleaning staff
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nefertiti is a simple hotel with clean, modestly decorated, but comfortable rooms with air conditioning and ensuite bathrooms. A delicious and substantial breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace which offers terrific views of the Nile River and Luxor Temple which is across the street. Wifi is available throughout the hotel, even in our room. The location is fantastic, just around the corner from the Luxor Temple and the Nile River. We found this hotel offered excellent value for the money.

The hotel has a restaurant (Al Sahaby Lane Restaurant and Aladin Cafe) and a travel agency (Aladin Tours) as well. Food was typical Egyptian cuisine and was very tasty. In fact, we ate all our meals at the restaurant. We organized some tours as well with them and we were very satisfied with everything. Our guide, Hassan, was very knowledgeable and passionate about Egyptian history. Even though he wasn't feeling well, he was enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge with us. The early morning balloon ride was amazing and a must do when in Luxor.

We felt like we were visiting family at this hotel. Aladin, the owner, made sure everything was to our satisfaction. Mohammed who was in charge of the tour agency even called us when we were out on tour and spoke to us personally to ensure everything was to our liking. We were pleasantly surprised to receive this kind of personal service, and it made our visit to Luxor so much more enjoyable.

For a more detailed account with pictures, check out our blog (chrisandchrisbreakfree.com):

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChristinaAndChris
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the Nefertiti Hotel. We sincerely appreciate receiving comments and feedback in order to continually improve on our service.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it was our pleasure to help make your holiday in Egypt an enjoyable one and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel one day soon.

Best wishes
Aladin

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We really loved this place. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and accomodating. We arrived at 6am even though we weren't due to check in until early afternoon, but they checked us into our rooms anyway. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the air conditioning was lovely. The rooftop restaurant lounge was great too. It was comfortable, the food was good, and it had a terrific view of Luxor. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Luxor. And I'd highly recommend visiting Luxor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maxlevin13
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel again soon!

Best wishes
Aladin

Reviewed October 12, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Nefertiti Hotel twice (in 2011 and 2012). The staff is very nice and friendly. They help with anything you need. The great location next to Luxor Temple, souk (market), and local ferry crossing to the West bank is wonderful. And with the Aladin tours at the hotel, it's one stop shopping! Everything together!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel for your third visit one day soon!

Best wishes Aladin

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I just returned back to the US from an amazing trip to Egypt, staying at Nefertit Hotel. I was concerned traveling around by myself as a single woman but the hotel owner, managers, and staff made me feel as if we had all been friends for years the moment I walked in the door! From included continental breakfast on the rooftop to beautiful room layout and price, Negertiti has it all!

They addressed my concerns about safety ( although I think the media plays up how unsafe Egypt is I felt completely safe) and organized my entire itenerary so I could see all my favorite attractions. The best part was they allowed me to customize my trip so I could ensure there was time for shopping, resting, and relaxation. I had a tour guide named Hussein that I highly recommend. He took me through the marketers and bartered on my behalf to ensure I always got the best deal! Also, as an Egyptologist, he understand in detail all of Egypt's history in a way that was not dry and boring but engaging and memorable. I was really lucky as I saw some other tourists that didn't seem so happy with their selections of tour guides! Overall, if you want a great price and to meet amazing people. i will be back to visit my second family soon!

I highly recommend Nerfertiti Hotel!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel T

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel and your second family one day soon!

Best wishes Aladin