“Home Away from Home!”
Review of Nefertiti Hotel

Nefertiti Hotel
Ranked #2 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I just returned back to the US from an amazing trip to Egypt, staying at Nefertit Hotel. I was concerned traveling around by myself as a single woman but the hotel owner, managers, and staff made me feel as if we had all been friends for years the moment I walked in the door! From included continental breakfast on the rooftop to beautiful room layout and price, Negertiti has it all!

They addressed my concerns about safety ( although I think the media plays up how unsafe Egypt is I felt completely safe) and organized my entire itenerary so I could see all my favorite attractions. The best part was they allowed me to customize my trip so I could ensure there was time for shopping, resting, and relaxation. I had a tour guide named Hussein that I highly recommend. He took me through the marketers and bartered on my behalf to ensure I always got the best deal! Also, as an Egyptologist, he understand in detail all of Egypt's history in a way that was not dry and boring but engaging and memorable. I was really lucky as I saw some other tourists that didn't seem so happy with their selections of tour guides! Overall, if you want a great price and to meet amazing people. i will be back to visit my second family soon!

I highly recommend Nerfertiti Hotel!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachel T
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for your kind review of your stay at the Nefertiti Hotel. We sincerely appreciate receiving comments and feedback in order to continually improve on our service.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel and your second family one day soon!

Best wishes Aladin

There are newer reviews for Nefertiti Hotel

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here with my girl for three days on september 12. The best of this hotel is the location (next to the Luxor temple and the ferry to cross the river to the West Bank), as well as the manager and staff, really nice people.

The rooms are clean, well decorated and the baths are ok too.

Would we come back? Sure!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank _scar_V1064230

We are delighted you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel one day soon.

Best wishes Aladin

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here 11th and 12th September 2012 with my partner and friends and had an absolutely fantastic time. The staff are amazing, so helpful, welcoming and so easy to get along with. We booked through Aladdin tours via the wonderful Vanessa(true gem) as an excursion while staying in Sharm. We flew to Luxor and was met by our guide Monsoar(amazing guy) who explained what would be happening. We all got in our private taxi and Mohammed(Nefertiti Manager) called to say hello and to welcome us which I personally thought was a really nice gesture. We visited all the temples and sights, had lunch in the hotel which was delicious. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were treated so well, showed to our rooms which were clean, authentic and better than I could have imagined. We then went down the Nile on a felucca with our captain Mr Garman and Monsoar which again for me was amazing as I have always wanted to go on the Nile. It was truly memorable as was our sunrise balloon trip the following morning. We went with Dream balloons which was all booked at the samte time via Aladdin Tours(the lovely Vanessa) Our pilot Mohamed was brilliant. We stayed in the air for 1hr and 45mins and landed perfectly, carried on with more sight seeing and then transferred back to this wonderful hotel. The guys at the Nefertiti even had a cake made for me as it was my birthday and all of them came up to the roof terrace (again, beautiful views and a welcoming breeze) they sang to me in Arabic and were just bloody fabulous, cannot stress enough how fantastic this place is and how all the guys there, especially Mohammed(boss), Salah and reception guy(sorry, forgot your name). They made it a memorable occassion and I will never forget their hospitality, If you are going to stay in Luxor, then you must stay at the Nefertiti. Authetic, clean, wonderful views, amazing staff here who really do make you feel so welcome and made my stay very special. I want to say thanks to all you guys and a special thanks to Vanessa(aladdin tours) who made all this possible and kept us up to date with everything on a regular basis, she is a true bloody gem and think she deserves a lot of credit as she has been amazing start to finish, and to Monsaur our guide who really was a legend. A passionate man who I thoufght was absolutely fab, he was funny, informative and a great person to spend time with and made my personal trip to Luxor an unforgettable time so thank you Monsaur and a big thanks to everyone at the Nefertiti and Vanessa, again you really have been wonderful.

Room Tip: Stay here, you will not regret it. Amazing views, amazing people and location really good and rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ALADINEFERTITI, Owner at Nefertiti Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for such a kind and wonderful review of your stay at the Nefertiti Hotel. We sincerely appreciate receiving comments and feedback in order to continually improve on our service.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us and your Luxor tours. It was our pleasure to celebrate your birthday with you and your friends!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is the best value possible. It is located within walking distance of Karnak and literally on the doorstep of Luxor temple so great if you have limited time. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Upon arrival, we were taken up to the roof terrace, given a drink and told a bit about Luxor. We ate in the restaurant one evening and the food was surprisingly good.

The rooms are very basic so don't expect any luxuries. This was fine for us as we just wanted a clean place to sleep and were out during the days anyway.

The other thing to point out is that whilst the location is excellent for walking to the temples, it is also the tourist hub and therefore unbelievably busy. You cannot walk more than about 3 steps without someone offering you a carriage ride or trying to sell you something. Again, this was fine for us as we were only in Luxor for a few days but could get a bit overwhelming if you are there for a longer stay.

Overall I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Londonlady7

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel one day soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I can highly recommend the Hotel and the staff! The location is right in the center, the rooms simple but recently renovated and very clean. I got my first REALLY COLD and refreshing shower there (not common in Egypt). The roof terrace is a nice bonus where you enjoy the best view of the Westbank and the Nile during your breakfast or a nice drink in the evening! But above all it was the nice Tourist-Manager Mohamed who made the stay perfect. He just gives you really good information without pushing you into anything! And when I booked the tour of the temples with him, I had the most funny tourguide! Thank you very much for the nice time!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take a refreshingly cold shower in the summer heat!! We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel one day soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Real friendly service, and excellent food!

The roof terrace was a welcome addition and our host made us feel very welcome. Only a slight mix up on one of our activity bookings meant this review lost a star, but I would stay here again for sure :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank The_Defiance

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed five days in this great hotel and the hotel itself and especially the staff there made me feel very comfortable. Nice very clean rooms, terrace on the roof with a fantastic view, every day so cute decorations on the bed, good food and nice places to hang out. The tour operator mohammed organised our trips to the tombs and tempels with a very good guide and gave us just what we were looking for and with a very fair price. Im sure i will return to this place and i would like to call it like a second home.

• Stayed: September 2012

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Nefertiti Hotel, your 'second home', one day soon.