Lotus Luxor Hotel
$86
Hotels.com
$64
  • Pool
Pyramids Luxor Hotel(Luxor)(Great Value!)
$18
  • Restaurant
$36
$29
  • Pool
All reviewsnile viewfresh fruit saladegyptian governmentnice poolwest banksmall balconycleaned dailytour operatortwin bedspool area islaundry servicewaitershasslejeweladapterbankssights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed at the Lotus hotel for one night on arrival to luxor and then again one night on our departure to england.... in between we stayed Hurghada. I must say we were very impressed by the caring staff from the reception desk to the porters. On our arrival we were given two nile view rooms, which the hotel were not obliged to give as we were only going to stay for one night. As they say first impression counts. The staff went out of their way to help us.... fantastic attitude. We were going to stay the rest of our holiday in Hurghada. Adam on front desk sorted out the limousine to take us to Hurghada in an instant and at a very reasonable cost (£50 one way). Since there in no longer a convoy between luxor and Hurghada, we wanted someone trustworthy to take us to Hurghada, and this is what we got. The hotel is supposed to be a 4-star. The exterior, the swimming pool area, the nile view area, the breakfast, the location is absolute a 4-star, but the rooms are probably a 3-star. However, the rooms were very clean, the bathroom spotless and the sheets were clean. So not really a problem.
Luxor itself is ok, however constant begging from locals for money and food and then there's the taxi drivers and the caleches, promising to take you to the market!!
Be very alert as they are many traders trying to con you into going into their shop to look and then pressuring you to buy something. Snacktime next to McDonalds is very good for cheap food. On our first night we bought four cups of iced cofee. We ventured outside to relax and suddenly kids begging for either money or the drinks. In the end we gave all four away and taxi'd back to the hotel in a hurry!
On our return from Hurgahada on our last night we gave Mahmood the porter a novelty pen from England and to our surprise the next day whilst boarding the coach to the airport he gave us absolutely fabulous islamic ornaments. That was a very kind thought. We got to know the hotel staff very well in just two nights of stay at the lotus. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank adamskiLeicester
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This is a pretty decent place but its management/staff has no sense of common decency. Proceed only if you don't care too much about the values of this establishment. Let me start with the positives as the negative aspects are not particular to this hotel but are more apart of the bigger problems in the Egyptian tourism industry.

The Good:
-Very clean rooms, w/ spotless white sheets and towels
-Great location right on the Nile and the nileside pool
- Good breakfast buffet
- Overall amenities and price similar to a Holiday Inn or Best Western

The Bad:
These people have no sense of customer service or honesty! So I had called this hotel to check their prices 2 days before I arrived in Luxor. I speak Egyptian Arabic fluently so they quoted me their "Egyptian" price. Upon arrival, however, they refused to give me the price they quoted me only 2 days ago! All because I was a foreigner! (though I have lived in Egypt for quite some time now)

Now this phenomenon is by no means uncommon, but to have promised me one price then not honor it is simply despicable! The only reason we stayed here 1 night was because after arguing for awhile it was already late and we were tired from arriving by Felucca from Aswan and did not want to look for another hotel that night. (They also eventually gave us a hefty discount but it was no where near the original price they quoted me)

Needless to say, despite its good location and amenities, I would never return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuckbethisLady
Reviewed May 27, 2010

It was my second time in Luxor in as many months and decided to stay at the Lotus after having had a bad experience in another hotel nearby during my previous visit in November 2009. This hotel has an exceptional hotel reception with great helpful staff and the rooms are cool , clean and very comfortable. I spent a total of five days at the hotel and literally spent time by the pool and surroundings to appreciate it. I just could not find faults with this hotel. Every staff member was willing to help. The hotel is small in comparison to the other two nearby but this is the added beauty as it wasn't crowded and for this reason it seemed if we had our own private swimming pool. The cleaning staff were constantly cleaning trying to keep the hotel spotless. Furthermore the location is just perfect as you only have to walk out to the main road and you are spoilt for choice with shops,banks,restaurants. I will certainly be booking into this hotel on my next trip to Luxor and I highly recommend it to anyone travelling in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rakaash72
Reviewed May 13, 2010

We were booked here as part of our tour. It was the nicest place that we stayed at during our whole visit to Egypt. The beds are hard, but at least we slept, which is more than i can say for any other hotel in Egypt.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelGeek23
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed at the Lotus with my 18 year old daughter. We picked this hotel due to good reviews. I believed the staff was amazing, however it was difficult to find, who they had been talking about: the reception staff are nice, and a couple at the pool. The only time the waiters were nice, was the day before we left they began there effort to get a tip!! Two of the kitchen staff came into the dining room, I don't speak the language but it was obvious they were arguing. The dining room needs a new manager, and a new menu!! Having said that our room was nice, we did have a view of the dump next door, but we could also see the Nile. We felt safe in the hotel, and relaxing by the pool was very nice with views across the Nile. However once outside the hotel its madness, you get hastle to take trips on boats, horses,cars and all other trips. They follow you down the street and wont take no for an answer, my daughter was called names because she said NO!!! She was also sexually touched in the street, which you can imagine how upsetting that was. I would recomend having alook at the hotels either side, as they are impressive. We had some good meals out, the food is much better than Sharm. I did spend alot of money to stay at this hotel, I really think it should have been much less. I would recommend staying here at the right price. I don't think I would ever go back to Luxor because I enjoy going for a relaxing walk, in the evening and you just cant do this, it is so stressfull, and after what happened to my daughter I don't feel safe. One last thing; the bed and the pillows are the hardest ever, Ive still got a bad neck 3 weeks later.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family