Stayed here a coupla times last month, here's what you need to know in bullet form to save you wading through all the reviews;
1. This is a GREAT little hotel sandwiched between the Steinberger Nile Palace and Sonesta St. George, right on the Nile.
2. Rooms are fantastic value, as little as £15 a night or £25 a night for the suites (try moneysupermarket.com) You can also email the hotel direct for a deal.
3. Small, friendly hotel with just over 70 rooms, unlike the impersonal neighbours with around 200-300 rooms each. Everyone remembers your name here.
4. Suites are the better bet, 2 balconies, 2 aircon units with remotes, 2 tv's with remotes (US movie channels!), 2 minibars, safe, massive double bed, sofa bed, 3 piece suite, 6 chairs, 3 tables etc. Not too many coat hangers. Soap/shower gel dispensers in bathroom. Good housekeeping service with the usual towel sculptures, etc. Plumbing can be a bit dodgy - toilet slow to refill, shower weak, lack of hot water early evening on occasion.
5. Five floors to the hotel. The best rooms view wise, are 505, 405, 305 followed by 506, 406, 306 - all suites. Rooms ending 03 and 04 are standard rooms with a decent view. Rooms ending 11 and 12 have a street view. Rooms ending 07,08,09 have a brick wall view of the Steinberger. Room 505 however, seems to be in permanent use by the Manager. Check the pics for views. Best rooms have view across Nile to Valley of the Kings - illuminated at night. One of the best views in the world?
6. Breakfasts are as good as any in Luxor; fried potatoes, sausages, eggs, tomatoes, toast, coffee, juice, cheeses, jams, fruit etc.
7. Great little pool, not too busy, not too many bratty kids. Lots of 'Ladies of a Certain Age' entertaining young Egyptian gentlemen friends.Some interesting combos.
The pool is open to non residents.
8. Use the laundry service, it's great! 24hr turnaround, a big bag of washing cost less than £5 washed, ironed and folded.
9. Great little jetty on the Nile, ideal for Felucca or Motor Boat pickup for a late afternoon trip (£3.00 an hour).The pool guy can organise for you.
However, it's used as a thouroghfare by Russian tour groups from Hurghada on a Nile day trip.
10. Hotel is right in the thick of all the action, ideal for walking to bars, restaurants, tat shops etc.
Five out of five for value for money!
Click it if you like it...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lotus Hotel is a new member in Hostelworld .Lotus Hotel has a unique location in the heart of Luxor. We have 58 rooms and suites all with balcony or terrace overlooking the Nile (40 double rooms, 10 royal suites, 8 triple). All rooms consist of a double bed, air-conditioning, telephone, cable TV, music channel, minibar, smoke alarm, private shower, bathtub and WC. In the hotel we have a restaurant where you can enjoy your breakfast and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Lotus Luxor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lotus Hotel Luxor