“A very reasonable good compromise”
Review of Happy Land Hotel

Happy Land Hotel
Ranked #7 of 41 Specialty Lodging in Luxor
Reviewed January 6, 2013

is a good compromise between quality and price. the rooms are very clean and quiet. precisely what you need after a day in luxor. the manager is very helpful and really did his best to make our stay pleasant.
the hotel is a 10-minute walk from the city center and train station. good position.
if you need you can leave your luggage after the ceck out (train in the night).
in this period, the breakfast is not very rich ( a cup of tea, beans, bread).
definitely recommend the hotel for value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank paolotv

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Cheap and basic but the manager, his welcome and his excellent advice make it a pleasure to stay here. And you're not in 'tourist' Luxor, though the temple is still nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank eileenvc
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Brilliant breakfast, friendly staff, clean, cheerful and everything worked. Shame there weren't many other travellers around though.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank postscript969
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed three nights in this generally good hostel. Management and staff are very friendly! Rooms are average at best, but the rooftop restaurant is nice. Breakfast is served from 7.30 and consisted of fuul, falafel, tomatoes, bread and, a fried egg and coffee (better than your average egyptian hostel breakfast).

The tour I took was a slight deception (the guide seemed genuinely uninterested in providing a good service and a visit to the "factory shop" was compulsary).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Björn N
Reviewed June 25, 2011

This place is nice, realy clean with an excellent breakfast on the roof in a holiday ambiance. ««««««««««we choose to change for 2 reasons, the noise on the street was keeping us awake, the price was high compare to around.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Road20years
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Hi
I went to this hotel as suggested by Lonely Planet... my guide was printed in 2006 so I expected changes in prices, anyway.
However, when I arrived, I was surprised by the price but as it was late in the evening I checked in anyway. That evening I went out and checked other hotels nearby, like Princess which was 45% cheaper for similar services.
When I came back to the hotel, I asked the staff why the price was so high compared to other hotels, the staff spoke very poor English and mis-understood that I didnt want to pay, they wanted to retain my passport, etc. It made me furious and finally they called the manager and gave my passport back to me.
Next morning, I had an explanation from the manager/owner about their price. However, I found him very arrogant and unconsiderate so I left out that same morning and went to Princess hotel where staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank SantiLaRuina
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The hotel has basic rooms and no furniture. The beds are comfy and clean. However the bathroom was very reasonable with enough space to shower and plenty hot water. We had two rooms next to the reception area but it was not very loud during the night. For the price this hotel was adequate. We also had our laundry done here and it costed us less than 20EGP for a load of laundry!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family