“incredible price-quality, very good location”

New Pola Hotel Luxor
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed November 20, 2010

After having been 26 times in Egypt, this hotel is definitely my "best buy" notwithstanding some other comments I read here.

The cleaning team is constantly busy - I went several times with friends who were unanimously delighted

The owners are Coptic, good and decent people, and the Pola family is in the hotel business since a very long time.
They are really doing their best !

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bennou

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Never again! hotel was clean and the staff were polite. If you enter this hotel be prepared to have a open wallet or again be prepared to be bullied into spending your time refusing what you don't want! Staff are nice but one again bullied by the manager who is as much use as a chocolate teapot. Money money money is the game at this hotel the first couple of days were OK & then the prices started to rise, one day my lunch cost me 10le & the same lunch a few days later 13le a bucket of ice 10le so be prepared to drink warm drinks! During my stay I met tourists that were so angry with the hotel & also tourists who have returned many times to say it's their last!
At your own risk try this hotel but once again be prepared to fight off the staff as you do the touts outside.
John I was sorry you had to pay 125 sterling for your Nile view but a guest before you didn't and neither did I and my family when we were asked to be moved from the back closet!
Never again.... Just wonder if the attitude of the manager will change!??????

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Jmbak
Reviewed October 21, 2010

we will never return to this hotel we had to pay £125.00 to move to a nile view from lookin at a wall and building site we was told at check in would be moved in morning but money talks in this falty towers be very careful they tried to charge us for meals but we was half board so we stuck by our guns the manager was no help a very cocky man if a old couple went in this hotel i would advise be on your guard all staff frightend by manager he spoilt our holiday if could have got home week early would have come home i have e mail adrress of 3 guests about this hotel jon and lyn

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 186317John
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Have just returned from a week in this hotel. the staff were nice honest respectable people. room cleaned every day to high standard.Bed very comfortable. Breakfast ok, Dinner excellent.no bad tummy from food.
location 10 min walk to Luxor temple. Nice breeze at the roof top pool.Beautiful view of the sunset over the Nile.
The down side of this hotel is
A Nile view room has the street noise which does not stop till 1am you do get use to this but when the noise stops the silence wakes you :)
The pool area did not open till 9am which means you cannot view the sunrise or enjoy the coolest and nicest time of the day.
The pool is approx 4'6 deep. personally I rather have a deep pool for swimming.
I did speak to staff about the pool area being opened early but nothing happened
on check in i was asked if I would like to book a hot air balloon trip at sunrise.

At the end of the day I would like to thank the very good staff in this hotel and did explain to them why I wont be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Shajaratul A
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Stayed for three nights and payed 120£/night which I think is a quite good price. Room was quite big, simple but clean and with all that you need. A nice little balcony with a nileview. The breakfastbuffe is good and so is the service.
The location is quite ok. The hotel is close to the Nile although you have to walk for ten minutes to actually get to the Nile. They have a lovely pool at the roof with a great view of the Nile. After a full day of sightseeing in the hot Luxorclimate it´s perfect to end the day at the pool.
New Pola Hotel is good value for the money and is recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Stig-Helmer
Reviewed May 9, 2010

As independent travellers we were 'touted' into this hotel both whilst we were waiting for the bus in Hugrhada and again by a different bloke after getting off the bus!! Being sceptical I wasn't so sure but was extremely pleasantly surprised when we got there. The hotel is in a fantastic position - make sure you ge ta Nile view the sunset is lovely - and the roof terrace with bar and pool is a real bonus. The rooms are fine( in fact to us they were 5 star after some of the places we had stayed in along the way) and the room rate of $50 for us both B&B was definitely a bargain. My only criticism is that the staff are so keen for your money that we were often 'over served' and almost felt obliged to eat in the restaurant etc. My advice is to go out into Luxor in the evening, there are many cheap places to eat we found an upstairs place whic overlooked the centre of the souk and provided lots of great people watching and entertainment. I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flygal68
Reviewed May 1, 2010

My Brother, Sisters and Grandma spent 2 weeks in the New Pola Hotel in April.
We had a great experience here, despite reading some negative reviews for this hotel on this website previously.
The hotel was very clean, very friendly and helpful staff, great large breakfast buffet, (especially enjoyed by my 2 vegetarian sisters) and we enjoyed many a time up at the swimming pool, also taking in the great roof top views of the nile!!
We were not let down by any aspect of the hotel or it's staff and would reccommmend this hotel to anyone, and will stay here again!!
Many thanks for the great stay New Pola!
Alexandria Wilding