“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #10 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here 2 nights on B&B basis with my family( 2 Adults 1 Child). The hotel is very close to river Nile and down town Luxor. The rooms are very big and spacious. The room was very neat and clean. All the Staff were very friendly. The first day Full breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. The 2nd day the continental breakfast was good but with limited choices. We ordered few sandwiches and Fish and Chips from the restaurant. It was very good and worth the money. We did not use the Swimming pool, but they looked very good. The WiFi was not accessible except at lobby. Overall Wonderful location and facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank rarun053

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Arabic first
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Back two weeks from a great holiday. Lovely room, good food, perfect weather, friendly and efficient staff. What more could you ask for? Oh yes, delightful company!
Looking forward to returning. Jammy

4 Thank jammy2014
sunset060, General Manager at Iberotel Luxor, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear guests,

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Luxor to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

As a result of our efforts, we have achieved the following awards” Tripadvisor certificate of excellence, zoover award & recommendation, travel gold award, ISO 14001, prize from holiday test “seal of quality” by Resien.de and Regional winner check safety first award for maintain the highest level of health & safety standard in the region”. This recognition directly influences our commitment to further improvement in 2014.

Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Wonderful hotel, excellent staff, friendly and efficient , cannot fault the food and room comfort- Nile view is spectacular. Mr Mahmoud, front of house manager will make your stay fabulous and you will definitely want.to return. Luxor is an amazing place and this hotel is perfectly situated to enjoy all the Egyptian experiences- go for it!! Do not be put off by news from Cairo, you will have a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Try Nile view 2nd floor - you will need to use the stairs to work off the excellent breakfasts!!
2 Thank 122Penny
Warminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

second time to luxor,but first time to the iberotel.the hotel is clean,the staff are friendiy,we had less hassel than last time we visited,the hotel food was good plenty of choice.we had a 5th floor room with great views to the west bank.we would recommend this hotel to anyone.thanks to all the staff,for a fab holiday

Room Tip: 5th floor a must for views of the west bank
1 Thank andy b
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Not long since been back from Egypt and definitely going to return next year.The hotel was stunning, exactly what I expected.The experience overall was great and my special praise is reserved for the food,great flavours and service.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank willtuk

Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have been a regular visitor to the Iberotel, Luxor for close on 20 years. It has excellent views of the River Nile and the Theban Hills. It is a very pleasant and comfortable hotel where the staff are friendly and helpful. The swimming pool is quite unique, a converted barge floating on the river, a perfect place to watch life go by on the river. To sit on the terrace with a morning coffee or late afternoon with a cool drink watching the sun go down is quite idyllic. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: I prefer a Nile River view as it is quiet with a wonderful view of the Theban Hills across the river...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lyndathomas22161

Kent, England
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have just had my third visit to the Iberotel Luxor. From the moment I arrived and was greeted by Mahmoud Rahim, I felt welcome and valued. Several members of staff remembered me from previous visits and it felt rather like going to my 2nd home. Once again I found everyone to be friendly and helpful.

I was given a Nile View room on the 5th floor which made me very happy. The view is wonderful and I could see the temple of Hatshepsut over on the west bank.

The hotel was very quiet with few guests, but still provided a good choice of food. Snack meals at the pool or the bar were readily available if I didn't want to take lunch in the restaurant.
Everything was clean in my room and all the public areas are kept spotless.

There were several power cuts which are outside the control of the hotel. I was expecting these and had taken a torch. A generator kept the reception, bar & restaurant lit.

Outside the hotel I found less hassle than previously despite the economic situation having deteriorated again since my last visit. I talked to a number of the felucca and motor boat guys along the Corniche and was treated with respect. As a woman on my own, I felt safe.

The Iberotel really is my favourite hotel in Luxor and I will be back next year, if not sooner.

Thank you to Mr Hassan, Mr Rahim and all their staff.

Room Tip: Choose a Nile View room on a high floor for the best views across to the rural west bank which is bl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo