“Best value temple on the West Bank!”
Review of Temple of Seti I

Ranked #28 of 84 things to do in Luxor
United Kingdom
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 250 helpful votes
“Best value temple on the West Bank!”
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This temple is always a must with us, and inevitably we are the only visitors! Attractive, atmospheric & interesting - and at LE30 pp it is also amazing value!

4 Thank Divadarling

Scotland, United Kingdom
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 481 helpful votes
“A MISSED GEM”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

This not often visited temple is easily got to – It’s not that far from the Ramasseum - Is well worth the trip.

Not sure why no-one goes, but someone told us there was nothing to see there!!

Please see my Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/elaref

Sorry - I might have got carried away with pressing the shutter button!

Wander all the way through the Temple. When you get to the back of the halls you can use steps to climb the mud brick wall and walk back along the parapet, for a great over vie

9 Thank eLaReF
geneva
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“worth seeing”
Reviewed December 13, 2006

A lovely temple with beautiful reliefs from the glorious time of Seti 1, the father of Ramses II. No tourists, and only a 15 minute bike ride from the Ramasseum...

2 Thank tutmosis
Maidstone, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“tranquility”
Reviewed January 7, 2006

On my third trip to Egypt I decided to see some of the sites that I hadn't previously seen. As I have a special interest in the 19th Dynasty, the temple of Seti 1 was an obvious choice. I found a very tranquil place with some fabulous carvings. Some of the temple was destroyed in an earthquake but the feeling of the temple is still there and also some of the colour.

There is some work in progress in that the garden is being restored. The outline of the palace which Seti would have used when visiting the temple for festivals ect is outlined.

It is also the subject of one of David Roberts painting.

Unfortuatly I am unable to add photos as I do not possess a digital camera

4 Thank Caff_12