“Wow”

and up
Discover Luxor: The Karnak Temple Spectacular Sound and Light Show
Ranked #1 of 83 things to do in Luxor
More attraction details
Owner description: The karnak temple is one the distinguished identifying marks of Luxor in Egypt, where each of consecutive kings tried to make his temple most magnificent so as to be so distinguished than his predecessor, so the Karnak temples changed to a complete guide and collection showing the development stages of ancient Egyptian art and distinguished pharaonic architecture.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Words cannot describe my experiences. My first glimpse of Karnak Temple was when the lights began to slowly come up during the Sound and Light show. A gong sounded and a booming voice began to describe Karnak Temple. A shiver ran through me. I was in awe. I am certain I would have been as enthusiastic if I approached in the daylight but seeing it slowly revealed to me in this way brought tears to my eyes. I recommend not only a visit to Karnak Temple but would encourage a first visit with the Sound and Light show to let it slowly invite you to see it rather than have your eyes quickly ingest it for the first time in full daylight.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,537)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

WARNING! All historical sites you explore after Karnak temple and Luxor will disappoint you. ;)
We were very lucky and found very nice and professional guide and egyptologist Ahmed who also came next day to west bank and valley of Kings with us.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

In my view, the Temple of Karnak should be the foremost of the Seven Wonders of the World. My wife and I have now visited it on five occasions, have still not really seen it all and never fail to be staggered at the immensity and majesty of the place. If you only visit one attraction in Egypt, make it Karnak. The Sound and Light Show held here every night is much more impressive than that held at The Pyramids and helps to put the temple into context.

1  Thank TerryRWashington_UK
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I think that this place is well worth a visit very close to the town and you dont get hassled as bad as other trips.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our first 'attraction' visit and we arrived at 9.30am telling our taxi driver to pick us up outside the temple at 11.30am. We paid LE65 each entrance, but if you're a student REMEMBER YOUR CARD as you only have to pay LE35 (we left ours in the hotel). You will get approaches offering to be your tour guide & I guess it all depends on how 'into' history you are. If you're just there to kinda 'tick the box' & see the temple for yourself - fine, if you want to know more about the history of the temple etc then expect to pay circa LE200 for say a 2 hour guide around the temple itself, stopping for photo opportunities etc.

Having now seen all of the other sites, Karnak is our firm favourite and well worth the time, money & heat exhaustion to see. Biggest tip - even though its a drag, aim to get to these attractions for 6am ish, the weather is milder and makes the whole experience far more enjoyable.

1  Thank jammydodger63