“Excellent hotel!”

Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My partner and I have just returned from a week at the Hilton feeling like we had a real break. Check in was excellent after a short transfer from the airport. The iced tea and cold flannel were very welcome after the flight. Our room had a great view of the Nile and the West Bank. There were no cruise boats moored alongside as with some other hotels. The room was very comfortable with plenty of toiletries and fresh towels. The tea making facilities were also appreciated. We booked half board and ate breakfast and dinner in the Rosetta Restaurant - the hotel was quiet during the week (lovely for us) however a very large choice of food was available and was excellent quality. We ate at the poolside Olives restaurant most lunchtimes (although we didn't really need lunch) - the fresh lemon juice is worth a try. We ate in the asian restaurant on the last evening which was faultless both for food quality and service. The spa infinity pool was very relaxing although the service around the main pool was better. We visited Karnak and Luxor Temples which were very close but the best part of my holiday was the hot air balloon ride on the West Bank. The hotel gym was well equipped and overlooks the Nile. As pointed out in another review the hotel was very well managed and I would like to thank all the staff for a great week.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank julia053
GM_HiltonLuxor, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2010

Your kind comments on tripadvisor are highly appreciated, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your recent stay at our resort.

We are very happy to read such nice feedback as yours.

All of us are looking forward for your next stay which I hope to be in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Osman Khairat

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed October 8, 2010

A really WOW stay. Stayed here 20-27 September - in a heatwave ! Had a wonderful deluxe room (016) with full balcony overlooking the Nile - very well equipped and immaculately cleaned every day. Tried all the restaurants etc - all very good indeed - liked the buffet marginally best & to our delight DID NOT GET ONE MINUTE OF "TUMMY TROUBLE" - great news as on our previous trips to Egypt have all suffered each time. Well done Hilton for food hygiene, variety, quality & presentation etc.
Service was absolutely excellent all round - & really very nice to hear the staff all speaking so proudly of their hotel - our room service waiter had worked for the Hilton for 23 years & was still enthusiastic. Concierge & reception very helpful (but unbelieving when we jokingly complained about the rain one night - they had to come out with us & check - it hadn't rained for nearly 4 years but we only had about 30 seconds worth !!!)
Pools were lovely - spent hours just watching the Nile flow by & I managed a very relaxing massage (thanks Joanne)
All in all can't recommend this hotel highly enough - it was a splendid stay & we will be back.
Special thanks to Mrs Eman Kemal in the Rosetta & Mr Abd el Salim pool/gym team manager - your friendliness & help were much appreciated. We look forward to meeting you & all your excellent colleagues again next year.

Unfortunately we then travelled to the Winter Palace to stay with family for a week - what a contrast - they should send some of their staff to train at the Hilton!

1  Thank mimsi
GM_HiltonLuxor, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2010

Thank you very much for your lovely comments on tripadvisor site.

It is my sincere pleasure to know that you have spent a pleasant time with us and our staff efforts have ended up to your enjoyment

Your thank you note will be conveyed to Eman and Abdel Salam and they will appreciate it.

We would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2010

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, we had seen mixed reviews, but it was perfect for our honeymoon. The service is excellent and the buidling and decor is amazing and the restaurants are not as expensive as we thought they would be. Olives - mediteranean restaurant is great for lunch - and I would imagine lovely for dinner, when it's a bit cooler - it was a little too much whilst we were there. Silk Road is excellent for Asian food and the Sunset Bar great for cocktails (a bit pricey - but ok for a treat!) and the bar menu is also great for lunch and informal dinners/snacks. Room service was also excellent and prompt. Breakfast was an extensive buffet, I would challenge anyone to not find something they liked; we did not use this for lunch or dinner however as we prefered to order off menu from the other restautants. The only disappointment was that the Jannah Bar in the Spa wasn't open, we had paid extra for the spa package and it seemed to be generally understaffed. I was also unable to book any beauty treatments as there was not female therapist in the week we stayed there - a small point perhaps but we had specifically booked for the spa facility. The infinity pool however in the spa area is amazing. The general pool area was just as nice though and the service was better for drinks and they also brought refreshing iced towels and fruit kebabs to your lounger which was lovely. There is a very amusing "English" Bar opposite the hotel, which is actually owned by an Egyptian man and his Ukranian wife! They were very friendly and the food was great - all English stuff of course! We had a great fillet steak there. Drinks were a bit cheaper than the hotel, food prices were similar to the hotel although no service charge added. Overall we had a great time and would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share us your experience at our resort through tripadvisor site.

I was very happy to know that you had an enjoyable time with us and our services and facilities met your satisfaction.

Your comment about Jannah bar has been taken into consideration and will be passed into the department involved.

As for your comment regarding the female therapist in the Spa, I assure you that your comment will be forwarded to Nayara Spa Manager.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your time and looking forward for welcoming you soon to our sunny resort.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2010

My husband and I were impressed with the hotel from the moment we checked in. We were offered a cold towel and a welcome drink. Check in was smooth and the staff was pleasant.
We had dinner in the Asian restaurant (can't remember what it's called) and the food was great with excellent service. The waiter who served us was very attentive and we didn't have to wait long for the food and drinks.
Unfortunately, I was ill with sun stroke that night. My husband spoke to someone who kindly sorted out the doctor and medication at 3.30 in the morning. From what I gathered later, someone had driven out to the 24 hour pharmacy to get the correct medicine. They also found a doctor who spoke to my husband over the phone with instructions on what to do. Later in the morning when I was feeling a bit better, they called to ask if I was alright and promptly served us boiled chicken and rice which was what I needed to settle my tummy. After the visit from the doctor, I had to recouperate in my room all day. Luckily there was a DVD player and I watched my DVDs, which was great considering the circumstances. Throughout the day, the staff knocked on the door or called to see if we were alright or needed anything.
I have to say that we felt like we were being well looked after. It was a shame that I was not well enough to experience the rest of the facilities the hotel had to offer. We would definitely stay in this hotel again should we ever come back to Luxor.

1  Thank San072526

Greetings from Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa……

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa and for your kind comments on tripadvisor site about your recent stay with us.

We hope that you have the opportunity to come back again soon to our resort and enjoy all the facilities we have in the best of health.

Please contact me directly when planning your next visit, and I would be delighted to handle your reservation.

Warmest regards from the whole family of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This is a lovely hotel, we booked a deluxe room with nile view and were certainly not disappointed.
The room was well equiped, we were provided with plenty of toiletries and fresh towels twice daily.
The service was excellent and the staff very attentive. There are three restaurants all with great food, at night the hotel looks lovely with lanterns and water features.

The Spa area is beautiful with its own pool, treatments and massage services.

We walked into Karnak which took about 15minutes but a bus service from the hotel will drop you at any location and pick you up at an arranged time.

This hotel is not the cheapest but we feel it was worth the extra.

2  Thank chattypops
GM_HiltonLuxor, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us on tripadvisor site.

I was very happy to see that you had a relaxing and an enjoyable time with us and our staff service was up to your satisfactions.

Once again, thank you and looking forward to welcoming you again to your second home.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

We have just returned from the Hilton, we upgraded to a Nile view room wich was worth the extra money as you then have acess to the infinity pool in the spa. Normally, we eat out but as this holiday was to take things easy we eat in the hotel and could not fault the food or the price.Gym well equiped and you can run on the tread mill lwhilst ooking at the nile( a few metres away.) Fantastic hotel.!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your recent stay at our resort on tripadvisor site.

I was very glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us and that our food quality met your satisfactions.

We would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you back to us again.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

The Hilton in Luxor is a wonderful hotel and a really nice place to base yourself whilst visiting the fantistic historical sights. All the staff at the hotel are exemplary and the hotel is clearly very well managed. Nothing was too much trouble. There are loads of great places to chill hidden around the hotel. Food was very good and I would def recommend the mezze which is probably the best we had in Egypt (and although Western the pizzas are amazing too!). I would def recommend the Hilton and would thank all the staff for giving us a great week.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxor, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Greetings from Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa….

I would like to thank you very much for your kind comments on tripadvisor site.

I was very happy to know that you have enjoyed your vacation with us and our staff efforts met your expectations.

Your thank you note will be communicated to our team members and I know they will appreciate it.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.