1,985 results
All reviews silk road olives restaurant nile river deluxe room infinity pool steam room karnak temple breakfast buffet beautiful hotel main pool special thanks west bank welcome drink the general manager watching the sunset stayed longer an oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2017

From the outset, our visit to the Hilton Luxor was picture perfect. There is not one single person on Mr. Latif's team that was not abundantly friendly, highly competent, and accommodating at every turn. Oh, and the property is absolutely stunning. The pool is amazing, the sun lounges are uber comfortable, restaurants wonderful, and ambiance is both relaxing yet fulfilling in the sense every comfort is available.

First, the staff. We had the pleasure of being with these wonderful folks for seven days. From the security at the front, to the front desk, to the housekeeping staff, to the concierge team, to the pool attendants, to the spa professionals there wasn't a single encounter that wasn't great. I observed standard "pushy" guests with "give me" attitudes demanding printers, accommodation, etc and I never caught a HINT of anything other than complete professionalism from the staff. That's more than I can say if I were behind the desk dealing with some of these entitled jokers. Every person greeted us with a smile and offer to help with anything they could. I think I had to wrestle a couple guys to allow them to let me carry my bags. Just the most outstanding folks I've met in a long time and although it takes a day to get to Luxor from the west coast of the US, this is honestly a place we will be back to for relaxation. Think about that statement...we go to Hawaii for long weekends and it's a five hour flight, but we will come back to Luxor Egypt to enjoy this property. There are only two explanations - 1) we are crazy, or 2) the ROI is there. If you consider #2 as likely, then you also have to consider how great it must be if we are willing to travel a day versus five hours. That leads to my second point...

Second is the property. Again, world class. The pool is beautiful and if you book a spa room, you have access to a more private infinity pool overlooking the Nile with the hillside of the Valley of the Kings in the background. The second pool is for 16 years old and over only. That's a huge deal for us. As I mentioned, we go to Hawaii a lot, but truly relaxing is difficult because there are a lot of younger folks having fun (understandable...I remember when...), but here you can relax and there's nary a sound. The lounges are very comfortable, the attendants are proactive, and the clientele is mature which leads to a very relaxing time. Our dining experience was limited to "Olives" restaurant which is a relaxed poolside place because we found what we liked and never left. This is also the restaurant that provides the menu at the pool, so again our experience was limited to Olives and the restaurant where breakfast served which was also very nice.

The bottom line is that this property and it's staff would not be out of place in the most "known" cities in the world. If this were in Paris or New York or Tokyo I'd not have through twice about it not belonging and in fact would be equally impressed. I am fully convinced that there's not a single thing I'd change and my hat is off to Mr. Latif and his team.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank SoCalSchmed
Ramy L, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Dear Valued Customer,

I would like to thank you very much for your review.

We are so happy to know that we made your stay so comfortable and you enjoyed your time with us.

At the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa we are aiming at delivering a unique and hassle free personalized experience to our valued customers. Our leitmotiv is to be excellent and to offer the highest quality in our facilities and services.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest; I shared personally your feedback with the entire team members which of course will encourage them to continuously strive for excellence.

The whole family of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa looking for your next visit as you mentioned which we hope to be in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Intimate property, with great service, and great Nile river views of the VALLEY OF THE KINGS!
BEAUTIFUL property with kind and generous people making it all work so well.
Walk out the front of the property to enjoy New Karnak, or retreat inside to the very beautiful pool. We did both!!!!
Our only complaint: we couldn't stay longer!
Ahmad "Akuna Mattata" at Olives made us smile all day! Truly a good soul he is! But he also made us FAT!
We'll return to luxor, INSHALLAH, and we'll be staying here for sure!
Dan Bartasavich and Duane Reed

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ramy L, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Dear valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that we are 5 star plus, Thank you so much for your kind words which of course much appreciated by all of us.

I assure you that your appreciation concerning staff service will stimulate them to maintain their high level service and spare no efforts to make the guests’ journey at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is always enjoyable and memorable.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest; I shared personally your feedback in particular with Ahmed in the olives restaurant and the entire team members which of course will encourage them to continuously strive for excellence.

Once again, thank you for your great words and looking forward for your next visit very soon to Luxor.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Was greeted with a nice cool drink and a warm towel that took the long and tiresome journey from Cairo away. Veronica has smoothly and swiftly checked us in and since my partner is a HH member we given an upgraded room. And what a room it was. We have the opportunity to watch the sunrise and sunset everyday from the great Nile river. They have 3 differents restaurant that offered delicious food. If you fancy some asian food, head to Silk Road restaurant or the Olive for mediterrean and western at the Rosetta that also happen to be where breakfast served . Enjoy the beautiful pool. We didnt managed to experience the spa . Will definitely returned

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

I could not find the suitable words to express about our appreciation for your kind review on the Tripadvisor site.

It has been our honor to have you as our guest; I shared personally your feedback in particular with veronica our guest relations and the entire team members which of course will encourage them to continuously strive for excellence.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon at “your home away from home” in Egypt.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 6, 2017

We (2 adults & 1 child) stayed in this hotel in October 2017. We have only great things to say about the hotel.

Service: Even at the pre-arrival stage, the hotel management was very prompt in answering any query raised to them. Once we reached the hotel, the welcoming attitude of the front desk personnel set the tone for the rest of the stay.

Place: The hotel is situated by the bank of Nile river just opposite to the Valley of the Kings and Hatschepsut Temple. Late evening sitting by the Nile river looking towards Valley of the Kings was a really magical experience.

Note that the other famous hotel in Luxor is also situated by the river in another part of the city. However, in that case, the hotel is separated from Nile by the main road and therefore not really quiet and magical.

Room: The hotel appears to be refurbished recently. This shows up in the good condition of hotel lobby, restaurants as well as room. We booked an executive suite and the room was quite specious and very tastefully done. The toilet was huge with walk-in wardrobes.

Food: There are multiple restaurants in the hotel. However, we only ate in two places - breakfast in the cafe and dinner in the restaurant at the river side (do not recall the name).

The breakfast buffet was one of the highlight of our stay. In Asia, breakfast buffet in general have extensive spread. However, in case of this hotel, the spread was not only extensive but also very interesting with large selections of local food and drinks. The taste was amazingly good as well. The enthusiasm and helpfulness of the serving staff was also great.

The dinner restaurant had an amazing view as it is literally on the bank of Nile looking to the illuminated temple of Hatsheput. The menu had a good selection of local food as well. However, the quality of food - though not bad - was not up to the standard of the breakfast buffet.

In a nutshell, a highly recommended hotel in Luxor.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank sanmoyc2018

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your review on the trip advisor site.

It has been our honour to have you as our guest; I shared personally your feedback with the entire team members which of course will encourage them to continuously strive for excellence

You are right that the view of the west bank is amazing and attract your eye with the magic of the River Nile.

I want to mention that we always focus on the details during the training with our team members as the details are making differences for the guests.

Looking forward for your next visit which we hope to be in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

A luxurious modern hotel with a wonderful location on the Nil.
Accommodations and services are absolutely faultless. Amazing breakfast and delicious cocktail...a swimming pool beautifully organized with some transat inside
A very good wi fi for two devices per room

Trip type: Traveled with family
Ramy L, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback on tripadvisor site and to share your positive impressions about the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us in our resort.

It has been an immense pleasure having you with us during your precious holidays.

Looking forward to seeing and welcoming you again to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, “your Home away from Home” in Egypt.

Kind Regards,