“This was truly a five star stay!!”

Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It’s a very long time since we stayed at the Hilton Hotel so when we had the chance to spend three nights here recently, we jumped at it!! It has changed so much, but some parts are still recognisable, as are some of the staff – and they all remembered us!! We were given such a warm welcome back with some of the staff bending over backwards to make sure that we had the best stay ever! We had been allocated rooms on our arrival but, when the night manager realised we were there, he immediately changed our rooms to the ones we used to stay in prior to the refurbishment (373 and 374), which was just fantastic and brought back so many happy memories.

One good thing about the rooms is that there are tea and coffee making facilities, which is great. The rooms are very comfortable and have all the facilities that you would want, including hairdryer, magnifying shaving mirror, nice toiletries, iron and ironing board and plug-in mosquito killer. The only down side to the rooms is that they have very small balconies, but we already knew that, so it wasn’t a problem.

It was our friend’s birthday while staying here and right from breakfast to dinner, the staff made sure that he had a great time. There was much singing and dancing at breakfast with a specially prepared pancake then, on the pre-arranged canapés sunset felucca sail, there was a birthday cake supplied by the hotel. On returning to the hotel afterwards, he found that the housekeeping service had decorated his room with balloons and towel sculptures, and at night while dining outside, the musician played ‘Happy Birthday’. It was a truly memorable day which our friend thoroughly enjoyed.

The pool area is just fabulous and the gym is great as well. I’m not really big into exercise, but I could have quite happily used the treadmill every day while gazing out onto the Nile!! Although other hotels appeared to be struggling to heat their pools during our visit this year, the Hilton didn’t have this problem and the temperature of the water was just perfect. There was free wi-fi in the public areas and at the pool.

Breakfast here is out of this world!! The best ever breakfast I have had in Egypt is here at the Hilton. Other Luxor hotels need to send their breakfast staff here to see how it’s done!!

We didn’t use the spa area during our short visit, but I would make use of this during a longer stay.

The Hilton however, is situated quite a distance out from the heart of Luxor, but the hotel runs a shuttle bus into town – check at reception for times. We used it once during our visit and the driver went out of his way to drop us off where we wanted to go.

The views over the Nile from the Hilton are second to none – and the sunsets are to die for! You can dine under the stars here with fantastic views over to the Theban Hills that are illuminated at night. It is certainly a very special place! I will upload photos once my review has been posted.

Prices here at the Hilton are of course expensive, and you need to remember to add the taxes on as well, but the experience of staying here is worth it. The staff are brilliant and the service is impeccable. I just hope that I will be able to stay here again in the future for a longer time. Three nights was just not long enough!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you indeed for your kind review.

I am so delighted to read that you were able to experience our warm hospitality and our staff efforts exceeded your high expectations.

The team members are so happy to know they helped your friend to have a memorable birthday celebration with us.

We hope to see you again soon for longer stay as you mentioned in the near future.

Christoph Schleissing

Write a ReviewReviews (1,428)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our one week stay exceeded all expectations. The hotel itself is out of the centre of Luxor which means it is quiet and relaxed, but there is a free shuttle into the city, and the concierge was very helpful in arranging taxis when we needed them. The food and cocktails aren't cheap at the Hilton as you'd expect, but the service and ambiance were good, and there are a few restaurants and bars at the resort to choose from. It was very quiet, which suited us very well, and we were well attended to at all times. The spa is well-worth a visit, even if it's just to enjoy the tranquility of the infinity pool (no children allowed at the spa). The room wasn't large but it was very well appointed, clean and quiet. Check-in and check-out were efficient and friendly affairs, and we found all staff friendly and efficient at all times. Breakfast was a wonderful feast (with the possible exception of the coffee), and can recommend the chef's omelettes. The staff were quick to arrange any tour or activity you wanted, although most of our arrangements were pre-planned through Expedia (excellent). If you want to treat yourself and fancy peace and quiet in comfortable surroundings away from the chaos of Luxor, this is your hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear our Valued Guest,

We really appreciate so much your kind comments.

It is great to see that our services exceeded your high expectations especially the warm hospitality & friendly service of our team members.

I passed into your remarks to our entire staff; they are so happy and looking forward for your next visit to us which we hope to be in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I travelled to Luxor looking to explore some of the sites around the city but found myself wanting to stay at the hotel to indulge unique service and facilities. A broad range of restaurants available, excellent facilities, and very friendly staff make the Hilton the place in Luxor to lie back and marvel at stunning Nile views. I recommend mixing the use of their spa and other superb facilities with day trips to explore the sites around Luxor. I was traveling with friends and the staff helped arrange all our activities and trips, including a memorable felucca trip down the Nile at sunset. Wonderful. The Hilton is outside of town but a short walk from the Temple of Karnak, one of the most beautiful sites I have encountered in my two trips to Egypt. An early morning exploring the Temple can be completed with the excellent buffet breakfast with arabian-style teas and Turkish coffees with waterfront views and a lazy day at the spa. Overall, the Hilton offers consistent 5-star service, value, sleep, cleanliness and location. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to a room with river view, take it!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank hopeless_wanderer84

Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your relaxation time during your visit to Luxor.

Great to read that we were able to meet all your expectations, I would like to inform you that this is our aim to ensure that our guests have the most enjoyable holiday.

I passed your comments into the staff and they are so happy to know that they helped you to have a memorable stay especially the felucca trip where the magic of Nile River.

Thank you once again and looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

i will say straight away i did not stay as a guest of this hotel and my review is based on our visit for cocktails before going out to dinner

although our cocktails cost 260 Egyptian pounds (£26) which we considered expensive for luxor we believed that it was worth it to sample the delights of this hotel. as we sat in the lounge we could have been in any Hilton anywhere in the world, no expense has been spared to create a haven in the squalor of Luxor.

We took the opportunity to walk around the pool area which was a little small but totally hip & pretentious... pure Hilton

stay here and look down on the poor people who cannot afford the high price

1  Thank mickeybluejeans

Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at our resort.

I am so happy to know that even if you did not stay with us and just visited us to spend few hours, we were able to exceed your expectations and you enjoyed our cocktail.

We hope to see you again soon as guest in house at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I should have posted this last year when I got back from Luxor.but here goes anyway.

We went here for the 2nd time last September and I was a little unsure how I would find it.
We had been here in 2010 after my husband's kidney transplant and of course we were just grateful to actually have a normal holiday. I was afraid that I might be remembering it through rose-tinted glasses and thought it couldn't possibly be as good as I remembered. It wasn't - it was even better. We were upgraded as soon as we arrived, simply because we were returning guests. They have still have all the same staff there plus a few new faces. It was nice to see that the staff who had given us such fantastic service the previous year had been promoted. The staff remembered us. They even remembered our favourite food, favourite drinks. Every morning after breakfast, our 'usual' 2 sunbeds were waiting for us in our preferred spot, with umbrellas and ice buckets full of complimentary bottles of water. The general manager is always around and available if you want to chat about anything. The thing that topped off the holiday for us was when we were invited to join the manager to sample the banquet menu that the chefs had created for a competition. (they had just won best in Egypt and were going on to represent their country at the next level) It was a truly extraordinary meal. The courses on the menu were things I would never have picked at home but they were all exquisite. These chefs should have michelin stars it was so good. The choice of Egyptian wines to go with the meal were top quality (much improved over the years) and complimented the food perfectly.

The level of service here is first rate. You could not ask for anything better. When one of the reception staff saw me trying to connect to the free wifi, we were given a laptop free of charge for the whole 2 weeks we were there. And the manager thinks he can improve the standard of the hotel even more !! I don't think there's anything else that could make it any better - well maybe getting a free suite upgrade but that's about it.

This is such a peaceful, extraordinary place you simply have to try it once and you will fall in love with it. I am so looking forward to my next visit at the start of May.

I must try and post some photos as some point.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a proper balcony in the wing to the right of reception.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dazedandc0nfused

Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for having chosen our resort again to spend your recent holiday.

It is to our utmost pleasure to know that our facilities exceeded your high expectations.

I really happy to read that our staff were able to fill your stay with the light and warmth of hospitality.

I was very keen to communicate your feedback about the kitchen team to them and you could not imagine how they are very grateful & thankful for your comment.

All of us are look forward for your next visit during May as you mentioned to “your home away from home”, in Egypt.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here for five nights following a wonderful 6 day cruise down the Nile on the dahabiya 'Dream' and three nights in Aswan. This was to be our end of holiday 'chill out' and it really lived up to our expectations.

A lovely hotel with lovely staff, always there when needed, being so very attentive. A lovely room overlooking the Nile, well equipped with a wonderfully comfortable bed. One small minus was that our room overlooked the Olives restaurant and the noise of pots and pans being handled (and dropped?) in the kitchens below.

Unfortunately for the travel industry throughout Egypt, the hotel was far from full so it was almost too easy to spend hours chilling out in or by the side of the lovely infinity pool, especially as the young staff were always to hand ready to move ones lounger or sunshade.

The Hilton runs a free shuttle bus into and returning from the centre of Luxor with its excellent museum and temple which are about 15-20 minutes drive away. Be prepared, the level of hassling of tourists is high in Luxor with everyone from young children to their grandfathers expecting their share of 'Baksheeesh' (tipping for doing nothing). Apart from the excellent and very comfortable shuttle service the hotel staff will gladly organise taxis and negotiate prices with drivers if you want to go exploring. We spent just 200 egyptian pounds (£20) for a taxi to take two of us on the 45 minute journey to Medinet Habu on the west bank, an hour's wait whilst we explored, plus another 45 minutes return to the Hilton.

We came for a chill out, we certainly had it. The Luxor Hilton is an excellent resort, good rooms, direct access to the Nile, attentive staff and good food, especially the really wonderful breakfast selections. We will be back!

Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your holiday.

It is great to read that our facilities were up to your expectations and I am so happy to know that our staff was very attentive to your needs.

As for your comment about the noise from Olives’ restaurant, I would like to inform you that we fixed a glass partition in order to solve this issue, I hope to hear about your feedback on your next visit.

Thank you once again and looking forward to welcoming you again soon to our sunny resort.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Absolutely wonderful hotel. Without exception, the staff were superb - I wish I knew how they could train people with such a good customer service attitude so I could transfer those skills to people in the UK! We were collected at the airport with a free shuttle bus and after check in taken to our Nile view deluxe room (20) in the D section. The sunset on our first night was just amazing. The pools, view, location and food were all brilliant too. We booked a lot of tours with the Thomas Cook rep in the hotel and it was great to have a private tour of the sites, miss the crowds and be back in time for a late breakfast. The spa here is also excellent, certainly one of the most relaxing holidays we have had. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Nile views from top floor of D block (we were in room 20) were spectacular.

Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you so much for your review about your recent enjoyable holiday with us.

What amazing feedback and it will support our team to strive for excellence in the service we offer to our valued guests such you.

You are right, a big part come from the training where we keen to train our team members on regular basis and make them up to date.

I am so proud of our resort as well as our staff and I shared personally your kind words with them, of course they appreciate it so much.

We hope to see you again soon at our sunny resort.