“Individual” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 59 Hotels in Luxor
Brisbane, Australia
“Individual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We could not have asked for more. We were treated as special guests, the service and friendliness of everyone made this a memorable and enjoyable stay. A very special place in our hearts for this sensitive and hospitable hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

It is to our utmost pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable & memorable stay with us.

I personally shared your feedback with the entire team members who they are so delighted to know that their friendliness service helped you to have a great holiday with us. Your appreciation is the token, which will support our continued strive for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to “your home away from home”, in Egypt.

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Resort in Luxor just recently and had a wonderful experience in all. My husband and I travel quite alot for business and pleasure so always feel qualified to give a good overall account of a hotel which represents a very honest and balanced view. We like to stay in luxury while on holiday as sometimes when we travel for business we don't have alot of choice when in certain areas, you've just got to use whatever is in the area!
After a busy year we decided winter break to milder climes was in order and given a mild obession with all things Egyptian and Pharaonic, Luxor ticked all the boxes.
The Hilton is ideally situated for a little R & R as well as for taking in the many historical sights Luxor has to offer. Situated right on the banks of the Nile, it is a stones throw from Karnak Temple and the hotel boasts maginificant views of The Valley of the Kings. It is just out of town enough so are still central enough but it so quiet you won't be interupted by the hussle and bussle of traffic.The property itself is impressive, much to do with the riverside location but is immaculately kept also.
We had originally booked into a king sz room with Nile view but on arrival we decided to explore our upgrade options as teh room, while perfectly adequate, was not huge and have to admit that I was very disappointed for a 5 star resort, did not have a bathtub in our bathroom.. Which I did think was a major flaw in design. It did have very pleasant views and a small balcony.
We did go for the upgrade which was quite expensive but was large by comparison and had a large bathroom (with bath) and dressing room combined. It also had two small balconies, only large enough to stand on, also another peculiar design feature. It did had again, wonderful views fo the Nile and Vally fo the Kings, as it was a Nile Suite afterall.
The hotel was practically empty due to the public perceptions of Egypt during the revolution as the locals seem to call it. Its a shame that tourism is suffering so badly here as it is utter nonsense! The trouble is confined to Cairo and possibly the square in Cairo but certianly does in no way extend to Luxor.
This perhaps contributed to our peaceful perception but I do feel that even at high occupancy it would still give the same feel.
Service was fantastic, possibly even to a fault if I dare say that. The staff were many and we did have goldfish bowl syndrome from time to time as they focused almost fanatically on us as there were not enough guests to allow a delay in service. A good complaint I suppose as opposed to the opposite. Nothing was too much trouble and I feel a little unwell one morning, for example, I was worried as had a trip planned to Hatshepsuts Temple and Valley of the kings so really didnt want to cancel or be unwell due to the amount of walking I had planned. I mentioned to the consierge on my way to breakfast, which was 20 mins before we were due to leave. 10 mins later I was cordially given a discrete bag with some medication they had gone out and gotten for me. Now thats service! Crisis averted.
I will definitely come back here, I don't say that about too many places I have visited as I like to try different locations but I did get a touch of the fever that has plighted travellers for the centuries now and will definitely be back to venture more through Luxors offerings.
All in all, great location, great service, great food and exceptional staff. Beautiful pools and superb spa.
Also so important, immaculately clean throughout the complex.
Luxury!

Room Tip: Only suites have bathtubs!
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank mantra1
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you for your valued time that you spent to write your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality and I am so happy to know that you will not hesitate to come back again to our property.

I shared personally your comments with all the entire team members who are waiting for your next visit and they will spare no efforts to make it enjoyable & memorable such this one.

You are right, Luxor is so quiet and it is far away from the unrest that might sometimes happen in Cairo, we hope all of these things finalize very soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.

dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Also so important, immaculately clean throughout the complex.
Luxury!

Room Tip: Only suites have bathtubs!
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank mantra1
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Here right now for some much needed winter sun with my wife and kids and so far, I'm impressed - everything I have read in Trip Advisor about this hotel is accurate. The hotel is beautifully designed, with immaculate gardens, lovely pools, highly attentive staff (thank you Abdelsallam!) and the food for a chain hotel is good quality and value. The spa is gorgeous and the gym has superb equipment with a wonderful view across the Nile.

Perhaps it might be a little be churlish to make any criticism having just written such a glowing review however it is correct that the triangular shaped balconies of the 'Nile view rooms' are very small - only being able to fit one chair - there are many lovely areas to sit in around the hotel and its grounds so it is not such a big deal.

The lack of customers due to the completely overblown scare mongering by the western media regarding events in Tahir Square in Cairo (hundreds and hundreds of kilometres away) is a real travesty not just for the Egyptian economy but anyone seeking a safe, quality, sunny holiday surrounded by some genuine wonders of the world.

Finally, The Luxor Hilton thoroughly deserves its number 1 hotel award from Trip Advisor which is displayed proudly in the hotel reception.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MikeyCLondon_UK
Dear our Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for your encouraging comments and for your recommendations.

The feedback of the guests is very important for both the customers and for us as well, as through the guests’ observations, we are able to control our level of service continuously in order to offer our guests the most enjoyable & memorable stay with us.

I shared your thank you note with Abdel Salam who is so happy to know that his efforts met your entire satisfaction. All of us are so delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday at your second home “Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa”.

Looking forward for your next visit to our sunny resort.

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have recently returned from my second visit to Egypt in a month...and with all the warnings and well meant pieces of advice regarding safety......I am GLAD I followed my own heart! True to form, Hilton Luxor is regarded as number one in the city! The grounds and views of the Nile alone could win the title! However, the service, warm exchanges from the staff absolutely accounts for its stellar reputation. Perhaps, the only regret is the country is not flooded with tourists ...Please return to Egypt and learn its fascinating history!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SheliaGilliam
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear our Guest,

I would like to thank you indeed for your precious time you spent to feed us back about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

It is great to hear that are right that you followed your own heart and you came to Egypt and you chose our resort to spend your holiday, your comments of course will encourage our staff to continuously strive for excellence.

All of us will be more than happy to serve you again during your next visit to Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa “your home away from home” in Egypt which we hope to be in the near future.

Best regards,

Schiedam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We are in the Hilton Spa in Luxor now. Service is great, well, everything is great, staff is doing everything they can, and more, to make you feel welcome. There is only one thing I have to tell you readers.... tell all your friends and family to come down to Egypt, because there are no problems here like in Cairo. So go anywhere you like in Egypt, just don't go to this one little square in Cairo. Best off all you go to the Hilton in Luxor, great rooms, great views, great food and service, friendly staff, special thanks to Kelly, you know why ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a Nile view room, it's great to see the sun go down across the river.
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa to spend your holiday and for your feedback on the tripadvisor site.

I am so happy to know that you received great service and our staff doing their best efforts to make your stay with us the most enjoyable one.

You are right that Luxor is quiet and far away from any unrest in Egypt which all of us hope to finish very soon.

Your thank you note was shared with Kelly and she is so happy to know that her efforts exceeded your high expectations.

Wishing you a memorable time at our resort and looking forward for your next visit.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here recently celebrating our 10th anniversary. What great memories we have from the stay. Our room was upgraded to a deluxe That room was decorated with balloons and special red linen, they even sent us up a cake upon our arrival. The entire staff was amazing. Very warm and caring. The restaurants were all super and very reasonable. The location right along the Nile was breathtaking. It was very sad to see the occupancy so low due to the political situation in Egypt. Our trip included Sharm el Sheikh, Cairo and Luxor and we didn't have any trouble in any of those locations. Thanks so much to the staff of the Hilton Luxor for making our trip so special.

• 5 of 5 stars
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear our Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you had a special trip in Egypt and you were able to experience our warm hospitality.

I will let our entire team members to know that they helped you to celebrate your anniversary with us and they left great memories with you and your wife.

Of course I will share personally your thank you note to our team which will encourage them to offer more excellence of service to our guests.

All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.