“Best of the Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
Sydney NSW
“Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We have just returned from a full week at the Luxor Hilton. Having travelled the world, including previous trips to Cairo, Red Sea and Nile destinations in Egypt, we put the Hilton in a class of its own. Superb accommodation in a superb setting with service to match. We stayed half board, an experience which has delivered mixed results in the past. This time, the meals at breakfast and dinner were almost as good as a la carte. The usp for this hotel is small individual tasting dishes - yoghurt, fruit, smoked salmon, egg dishes at breakfast - which obviate the large bowls of ingredients which can look off-puttingly ravaged after the first few guests have had their share. At dinner, you are spoiled for choice for starters, middle course and mains, including (as well as the several heated dishes of meat, fish and veg) a selection of at least four indvidually grilled items (prawns, lamb chops, fish, veal, beef etc) changing each night and brought to your table. The wine (some S/African, bottled under licence in Egypt, others directly imported) is fairly priced at about the rate you might pay in a decent restaurant in London.
Service by friendly staff is warm and assiduous. It is true that bookings were well down thanks to a combination of demonstrations in Cairo and the recession, but the Hilton is maintaining a full complement of 300-plus staff, so we were rather spoiled.
The Hilton is in fact in Karnak a short walk from the relics of Egypt's fabulous history and a longer walk, taxi or horse-drawn carriage ride from the Luxor museum and avenues of excavated statuary, and stands literally on the banks of the Nile with a backdrop to the dramatic pink mountains on the west bank beyond.
The tragedy is that this wonderful destinatin is badly and unfairly hit by the ripples of the Arab Spring. We found it perfectly safe to walk the streets, although inevitably pursued by locals peddling river cruises, cab rides, guided tours, you name it.
As you would expect at a 5-star establishment, there are three lovely pools (two infinity), a spa, air conditioned gym, several restaurants and bars and lovely gardens.
It was difficult to fault.....

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your valued time that you spent to post your constructive feedback about your recent experience at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that our facilities and services exceeded your high expectations.

We are keen to maintain the high level of service regardless of the current economical situation. Our leitmotiv remains to ensure that our guests enjoy their holiday with us and feel respected and valued. The entire team is encouraged and empowered to show you as our customer that we care about you and that it is an honor to be your host.

I will be delighted to welcome you soon again at “your home away from home”, in Luxor.

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This hotel truly made my experience in Luxor unforgetable! The hotel is BEUTIFUL and the people are more than kind, friendly, the best service i have ever had!
The rooms are stunning, and so is the pool, gym and the shisha corner! It all points to the neil!
Te view is amazing at sunset.
The restaurant has good food and the service is very effective!
GREAT hotel! Highly recommended ;)

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear our Valued Customer,

I would like to thank you for your feedback on the tripadvisor site.

The pleasure was extremely ours having you and hosting you in our property Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

It is great to know that you had unforgettable experience and to see that the team members’ service made you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon at our sunny resort.

Brighton, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Persuaded to book the Hilton on the basis of the reviews on TA. However we were suspicious of so many recent overflowing comments that reached hyperbole levels.
But would generally agree, we would happily give an overall 5star for our stay.
In summary the hotel communal areas furnishings, pool furniture and those in the deluxe room were modern style, high quality and very comfortable. Full wide balcony with 2 chairs and a table. LCDTV has BBC Ent, Leisure and World news as well as other English channels, but they also have a small dvd library at reception too. Iron, board and tea/coffee facilities in the room. Food across the 3 restaurants was high quality. If you stay on half board there is the option to get a 100E£credit pp per meal and then choose from the more extensive a la carte menus in the other two restaurants too. Staff are friendly and helpful. We had a small problem with the a/c and maintenance attended to it within hours.
The Spa area is a unique feature here not the sauna/steam boxes added into so many hotels. There is a separate walled gardens area containing manicured grounds with music between an infinity pool that overlooks the Nile and the dedicated building of spa facilities. Herbal hot rooms, canopied relaxation quarter, waterbed relax rooms and more are here.
There is also a separate Gym which with its full height windows means you overlook the Nile while cycling or running. The equipment was the same manufacturers as home but better as they were more recent higher level models.
Occupancy level is low at the moment, so staff attention was high. It took us a few days to accept their keeness to always provide assistance around the pool but we got over it!. For the inside spa and the gym we were the only users so it felt like we were private visitors.
Only one negative which was out of their control. Since the revolution and the tourist downturn there are a glut of underused old cruisers and several of them are moored like a pontoon from the neighbouring property- so there is some noise and smoke occasionally and what would be a view down to Luxor centre is obscured. But face your lounger the other way or use the Spa pool where it is less visible.
Visiting the cenre of Luxor (regular shuttlebus service) was the same as our last time 10 years ago- read an honest guide book if you are innocent.
Anyone wanting a total chill out- sun, good food, spa relax- and with so few guests-Quietness- get out here before it changes. I guess that’s why you pay the megabucks to stay in other spa resorts and get this private/exclusive feel. If you are lucky great sunsets to be seen on the other side of the Nile from around the spa pool, Spa staff even provide a rolled up towel for your feet to rest on, cold flannel and water while you lay back and enjoy.
And for the record- stayed mid October- Hot cloudless sunny every day, mid to high 30c, sunsets 5.15pm
Would return, highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear our Customer,

Thank you for choosing to spend your recent stay at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa. Your constructive feedback is highly appreciated and will give us the chance to maintain our high level service that exceeded your expectations and at the same time ensure we pay attention to the areas that need more focus.

I am so happy to learn that our facilities met your entire satisfaction and that you rated our service 5 stars.

It is great to read that the issue of A/C has been handled by our maintenance team in the way, you would expect from our property.

Regarding the Nile cruise, we are still in contact with the authorities and they promised us that the ships will be removed soon within the next few days.

Looking forward to welcoming you for your next visit to Luxor.

Whitstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here as part of an organised tour for one night in Luxor.

Overall the hotel was clean, modern and the staff were freindly.

The food provided on the buffets was fresh, well presented and very tasty

Only issue we had was that the air conditioning in the main bar was broken on the day of our visit- and we popped in for a cold drink at the time of day where the sun was beaming in making it unbearably hot inside.

Overall a lovely hotel in a great spot to see the sights of Luxor

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear our Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on the tripadvisor site.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your saty with us and that our facilities met your entire satisfaction.

We hope to see you again soon and to have longer stay with us.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hilton Luxor hotel for one week. From the time I arrived at the airport until the time of my departure the staff at the Hilton made sure all of my needs and requests were cared for. The staff are extremely friendly and polite. The property is extremely beautiful. My room had an unbelievable view of the Nile. The restaurnats offered a very nice selection and I even enjoyed having a couple of custom dishes prepared. There is nothing but amazing things to say about this Hilton property. I was sorry to have to leave. It was part of a three week tour of Egypt and no other hotel came close to the wonderful experience I enjoyed at the Hilton Luxor Resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear our valued Guest,

I am so happy to hear that we are one of the best hotels ever. Thank you so much for your kind words which of course much appreciated by all of us.

I assure you that your appreciation concerning staff service will stimulate them to maintain their high level service and spare no efforts to make the guests’ journey at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is always enjoyable and memorable.

Once again, thank you for your great words and looking forward for your next visit very soon to Luxor.

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Recently had the misfortune of spending a week here. Hotel itself and the floor staff is as you would expect but my partner left a pullover in a bar on our first evening never to be seen again. On our last day jewelry and fragrances either got taken from our room or got left behind and disappeared. On top of this when we asked to speak to the genneral manager about an unrelated matter we were told he was on vacation and then the next day he turns up at a cocktail reception. when bringing this up with reception they tell us he is back at midnight but it would not be possible to meet him. Not wishing to spoil our vacation we let everything drop until settling our bill where we were asked how our stay went... we explained our issues which seemed to release a torrent of apologies, emails from managers and various placatory gestures. All a bit late when checking out. Not a brand/hotel I would re-use

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank chris b
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback and the concerns you raised. If you do not mind I will answer each point separately, to cover all your comments:

1. Your pullover left behind in one of our bar areas. If the pullover would have been found by any one of my team members, it would have been immediately brought up to the Lost & Found department. We have a very strict security control for each team member entering and leaving the property. May I ask to check once again your personal belongings and see whether you found it by now? I will do the same again here in the hotel with the team.

2. You are high lighting that fragrances and jewelry disappeared from your room. As per point 1 we apply a very strict control procedure. Again I will check those items here in our Lost & Found.

3. You could not speak to me personally during your stay. I have been on vacation and returned on Monday 8th of October just after midnight. You were invited to our cocktail reception, which we organize every Monday and yes, all invitations are issued under my name. I was not present during the reception as I have been ill on that day. The next day when you departed I was in an official meeting and when I returned to the hotel you left already. I present myself pro-actively to all of my guests, when I am in the hotel and I regret not having been able to meet you.

I do hope you give us again an opportunity to showcase our hospitality at its Best and return to our property next time you are in Luxor. I will personally look after your reservation.

Sincerely Yours

northants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have just returned from our second 14 day visit to the Hilton, and can honestly say that the hotel goes from strength to strength. Christoph's team operate like a well oiled machine, and even though he was on vacation for most of our stay, it made no difference as everybody knew their responsibilities. I can add very little new to all the previous comments, except to suggest that Christoph takes over the E.U. And i would guarentee that within a year he would have sorted out mainland Europe ! Thanks again to everybody in Luxor.

Room Tip: Nile view de-luxe if you can stretch the budget