What a beautiful hotel! For a first time trip to Egypt, let alone the African continent, staying at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa was the best and most unforgettable experience. The whole entire staff was commendable, but special mention go out to Ahmed of concierge (night crew), Gamal and Remon of Sunset Lounge, Mohamed of housekeeping, who made towel art for us everyday, Eman, Miki and Talaat of Rosetta Restaurant. They made us feel very welcomed and they became more than acquaintances at the end of it all. Musa, Joanne & Julieta of Nayara Spa also contributed to making our 10-day stay magical.
The only thing I gave 4 out of 5 as far as ratings go is the amenities. This includes comments regarding the spa, Thomas Cook and a few small areas of improvements that the hotel may want to consider.
1) I informed Kairy, the Duty Manager during our stay, that the steam, herbal and thermal rooms in Nayara would be better if the temperature was hotter. As a spa aficionado, these rooms were not at the right temperature to effect the release of toxins in the body via profuse sweating. Cold cucumber slices in the spa to cover the eyes would also be a nice touch.
2) The daily fumigation that occurs between 7 & 8pm is really great to ward off unwanted mosquitoes (West Nile virus carrying mosquitoes, to be exact), but if a Nile Edge dinner is on hand, the fumigation should be rescheduled. As it was, the fumigation still occurred and the personnel relied on the prevailing winds to ensure the smoke didn't blow in our faces! It was too close for comfort, honestly.
3) Thomas Cook should be advised to complement overnight trips with comparable hotels at par with the Hilton Luxor. The stay at Basma Aswan Hotel included in the trip to see Abu Simbel in Aswan was not pleasing. Basma Hotel was like a Motel 6. Mind you, there are possibly very nice Motel 6s around, but this one was not. The toilet didn't work and the person who worked on it stuck his hand into the toilet and then held doorknobs without washing his hand on his way out. The toilet worked temporarily, but was back to original state by morning.
Overall, the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa itself and the staff made our stay in Luxor unforgettable. It is a highly recommendable hotel when visiting Luxor. It was quite lovely and the hotel staff was unmistakably professional, friendly and kind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you desire to visit Luxor, you will find Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa the ideal base from which to explore the rich and ancient culture of the Nile Valley. Situated on the east bank, you can enjoy glorious, unobstructed views of the river Nile from our unique, water's edge location, with the largest waterfront on the Nile. Luxor is the site of ancient Thebes, and has a legendary reputation as the world’s finest open air museum, with an unparalleled range of historic monuments. The Temple of Karnak and Valley of Kings are on our doorstep. Our newly renovated resort & spa offers the ultimate in luxury, unparalleled in Luxor. Lounge in one of our five stylish bars, perhaps smoking a shisha pipe while gazing at the Nile. Sample the finest in Egyptian, Eastern and international cuisine in one of our three restaurants Rosetta, Olives and Silk road. Hilton Luxor boasts a World Class Spa covering an area of 1,150 m², including a beautiful garden, a 160 m2 Spa Infinity Pool, and 12 individual treatment rooms. Our palatial Karnak ballroom is the most contemporary and cutting-edge Nile Valley venue for corporate events and celebrations.You will find the attention to service as immaculate as the hotel’s contemporary Arabic design, At Hilton Luxor our highly trained and dedicated staff will make you feel like a Pharaoh during your Egypt holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Hilton Luxor Resort And Spa
- Luxor Hilton