“A Dream of a Lifetime”

Ranked #1 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
San Diego
“A Dream of a Lifetime”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a beautiful hotel! For a first time trip to Egypt, let alone the African continent, staying at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa was the best and most unforgettable experience. The whole entire staff was commendable, but special mention go out to Ahmed of concierge (night crew), Gamal and Remon of Sunset Lounge, Mohamed of housekeeping, who made towel art for us everyday, Eman, Miki and Talaat of Rosetta Restaurant. They made us feel very welcomed and they became more than acquaintances at the end of it all. Musa, Joanne & Julieta of Nayara Spa also contributed to making our 10-day stay magical.

The only thing I gave 4 out of 5 as far as ratings go is the amenities. This includes comments regarding the spa, Thomas Cook and a few small areas of improvements that the hotel may want to consider.

1) I informed Kairy, the Duty Manager during our stay, that the steam, herbal and thermal rooms in Nayara would be better if the temperature was hotter. As a spa aficionado, these rooms were not at the right temperature to effect the release of toxins in the body via profuse sweating. Cold cucumber slices in the spa to cover the eyes would also be a nice touch.
2) The daily fumigation that occurs between 7 & 8pm is really great to ward off unwanted mosquitoes (West Nile virus carrying mosquitoes, to be exact), but if a Nile Edge dinner is on hand, the fumigation should be rescheduled. As it was, the fumigation still occurred and the personnel relied on the prevailing winds to ensure the smoke didn't blow in our faces! It was too close for comfort, honestly.
3) Thomas Cook should be advised to complement overnight trips with comparable hotels at par with the Hilton Luxor. The stay at Basma Aswan Hotel included in the trip to see Abu Simbel in Aswan was not pleasing. Basma Hotel was like a Motel 6. Mind you, there are possibly very nice Motel 6s around, but this one was not. The toilet didn't work and the person who worked on it stuck his hand into the toilet and then held doorknobs without washing his hand on his way out. The toilet worked temporarily, but was back to original state by morning.

Overall, the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa itself and the staff made our stay in Luxor unforgettable. It is a highly recommendable hotel when visiting Luxor. It was quite lovely and the hotel staff was unmistakably professional, friendly and kind.

Room Tip: Request what you want. They will bend over backwards to accommodate. They really want to make their...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_HiltonLuxorResort, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear valued customer,

First of all I would like to thank for your very positive and constructive review about your recent stay at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa. It is with great pleasure that I lean that we were able to exceed your high expectations; you rightly have when staying at Hilton Hotels & Resorts.

I have well noted your remarks and I would like to reply to them in details:

1. We will check the possibility to further increase the temperature in the Herbal bath, Steam room and the Laconium room in the thermal area of our Spa. Your comment about offering sliced cucumber to cover your eyes while relaxing has been forwarded to our Spa Manager for implementation.

2. Fumigation around the Nile promenade to keep the mosquitoes away. I fully agree that we need to show more flexibility when it comes to the preparation of Nile Edge dinners. Let me apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have instructed my team to pay more attention to this issue to prevent any reoccurrence.

3. We have spoken to Thomas Cook to look for more suitable hotels when proposing excursions with overnight stays outside Luxor.

Rest assured that your special mention to Ahmed from the concierge (night crew), Gamal and Remon of Sunset Lounge, Mohamed of housekeeping, Eman, Miki and Talaat from Rosetta Restaurant has been shared personally with them and they are all so delighted to know that their service was up to your entire satisfaction.

Overall your feed back supports our continued strive for excellence and we will spare no effort to make our service delivery and hotel offerings better each day.

Look forward to welcoming you soon back again to our sunny resort here in Luxor.

Regards

Christoph Schleissing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel was the highlight of our trip to Egypt and Africa. We stayed here over new years at the end of 2011 and were blown away by the hotel.

the rooms are nice and we chose to upgrade to a Nile view room for a small amount. This was a wonderful decision. The way the Valley of the Kings is lit up at night is wondrous and well worth it. Also waking up in the morning to see 20 hot air balloons over the Nile was wonderful.

From the moment we entered the hotel we felt like royalty. The staff is so friendly and helpful, they truly add to the experience.

the food here is wonderful. We ate at two of the restaurants and enjoyed the most wonderful breakfasts as well as the pool menu and the many bars in the complex.

The main pool is beautiful and spending the afternoon sitting by the pool next to the Nile and sipping a cocktail was the most lovely experience. Even in winter this was the most lovely place.

The day spa pool though is the highlight! The amazing lounge chairs, healthy food and drinks blew us away and the ever present but not overwhelming service was much appreciated. I spent much time here while my wife enjoyed a massage and I think I was the lucky one!!!!

Everything was amazing but there were 2 highlights.
Firstly, new years eve. Drinks on the balcony with Egyptian dancers for entertainment followed by a luxury buffet banquet downstairs in the main dining room which was unquestionably the best buffet I have experienced. During the evening the General Manager of the Hotel, Christoph Schleissing, came and talked with us for ten minutes or more. He was a lovely man that demonstrated a passion for his hotel and guests and is an asset to the Hilton group. He enjoyed the evening with his family but not neglecting a single guest. After the wonderful meal there was music and dancing into the night and hundreds of balloons fell at midnight. It was the most wonderful evening.
The other highlight was a breakfast felluca ride with out captain Mohammed. This was a must do and the most wonderful way to complete out Luxor experience. Treat yourself to this, it was wonderful!!!

Luxor is an amazing place. You must visit, but more importantly YOU MUST STAY AT THE HILTON!!!! This was an oasis. The level of service and the overall experience was the best I have had - better than we experienced at a 5 star resort in the Maldives and that is saying something!

In terms of other things, there is free wi-fi in public areas which is very helpful and the amenities are fantastic. We also used Emeco travel for our touring and they were amazing, I recommend them for trips in Egypt. Our guide in Luxor was Hassan - the most lovely man you will ever meet and so learned...

If you listen to anything on Tripadvisor, listen to this - stay at the Hilton in Luxor!!!! As a result we are now loyal yo Hiltons all over the world!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Nile view, it is well worth it for an extra $30 per night.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EddyCS
, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you indeed for your lovely feedback on the Tripadvisor site. It has been our honor to have you as our guest.

“Heaven on Earth” what a really amazing expression which will stimulate our team to spare no efforts to make the stay of each guest enjoyable and memorable.

I shared personally your comments with our team members who they are so delighted to know that their efforts ended up to your enjoyment.

Mohamed is very happy to hear that the breakfast felucca ride was wonderful and his service met your satisfaction.

The entire team of Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is looking forward to your next visit to our sunny resort which we hope to be in the near future.

Rhondda, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

As you would expect from this resort and this premier class team, our stay this year was perfect.

Firstly, let me talk briefly about the "situation" in Egypt. The is no situation and no reason for visitors to be wary. Egypt is, and will continue to be, a wonderful contry full of wonderful people. In most of the resorts, the population rely heavily on the tourist industry. The money we spend trickles down to everyone and the sooner people start to return, the sooner we affect peoples lives for the better. My wife and I visited last year in the middle of the revolution and this year when the election results were announced. I noticed no difference from any of our other 7 visits. So visit Egypt and stay at the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

We loved our two weeks this year renewing our aquaintance with old friends. From the moment you enter the hotel, you feel as though you are the only one the team care about.

The room was high quality as you would expect and the housekeeping was always entertaining. It was great to return to your room in an evening to see what the houskeeper had made out of towels (monkey, crocodile, swans, hearts etc).

Our breakfast in the Rosetta was a delight with special mention going to Eman who fussed around us always ensuring we were well looked after. What a star!

Days at the Spa were the height of relaxation and peace. My wife loved all the treatments and Khaled, Gamal, Ahmed and Mousa made sure we had plenty of shade, water and refreshments.

Evening meals in the Rosetta were perfection. We tended to have the buffet but we were in for a suprise during week 2. The Chef changed things a bit which meant that all food was cooked fresh with only vegetables etc being provided buffet style. The meals were all memorable and the service provided by Gamal and Chef Mohammed was outstanding.

The Olives is a great alternative to Rosetta for outdoor eating and Mohammed provides a first class service here, always willing to chat.

The pool team are always great and special mention goes, as always, goes to Abdel Salam who taught me to say "100% - better than government chicken " in Arabic. Priceless!!!

How often does the General Manager take time to discuss the hotel with his guests? Christoph does with all guests and we thoroughly enjoyed our pre-dinner drinks with him.

This resort deserves it's Number 1 slot in the Hilton family and we look forward to returning again and again and again.....

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms with Nile view are always our preference. They get the sun in the afternoon and the vie...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write on your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

It is amazing to know that we exceeded your expectations and you had an enjoyable time with us.

I shared personally your remarks with our team members in particular with Eman, Khaled, Gamal, Ahmed, Moussa, Chef Mohamed & Abdel Salam and they are so happy to know that their efforts met your satisfaction.

We really appreciate your comments that our resort deserve to be number 1 and rest assured that your feedback will support us to continuously strive for excellence

We hope to see you again in the near future at our sunny resort.

Kind regards

Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We travel a lot and found this to be one of the nicest properties at which we have ever stayed. The ambiance, service, staff, attitude, accommodations, cuisine, spa, pools, setting...all impeccable!

We'd love to return but sadly fear the new Muslim Brotherhood government will make that difficult. All best wishes to the owner, management and staff for future success.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eelSeattle
, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at our resort.

It is great to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday at your second home, Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa and that we were able to exceed your high expectations. Rest assured that we shared your wonderful comments with the entire team and they are delighted.

Your comment that the new Government could make your next trip to Luxor is difficult retained my full attention and I would like to inform you that the tourism is one of the backbone of this country and the new President Mr. Morsi has great plans to further develop the tourism sector. Do not worry and I hope you are already planning your next visit.

The entire team of the Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa is looking forward to welcoming you again soon and we will do our utmost to make your next stay as enjoyable as your previous one.

UK
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Stayed at the hotel between 20 -27 june 2012. Amazing hotel.

Hotel is very quiet due to the situation in egypt and there were only around 12 guests at the hotel, which made it feel like a private villa. The hotel room was clean and a decent size. The bathroom was small but adequate. Food was nice and prices were reasonable.

Tv was good size and there were many movie channels.

The grounds were well maintained and mirrored 5 star hotels in dubai. The spa was amazing and guests could use many of the facilities were free.

The spa prices were too much as a massage was priced at 130 dollars when other hotels were charging around 30 dollars. I can never see the spa lasting at those prices. The rain shower at the spa was the bes shower i have ever used.

The staff were amazing, welcoming and always smiling.

The concierge were out of this world, especially ahmed and mohammed.

I fell ill the last night at the hotel and concierge went out of their way to help me and even went to the the pharmacy to get me medicine.

The other hotels in luxor do not compare with the hilton and if i were to go back Then it would have to be the hilton.

One of the best hotels i have stayed in.

The staff make the hotel what it is.

Room Tip: Always ask
1 Thank Ali093
, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your observations about your recent experience at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa are highly appreciated from all of us.

I shared personally your comments with our team members who are so happy to know that their efforts, especially the concierge team, exceeded your expectations.

Your feedback about the Spa prices has been forwarded to the Spa Manager to put it in mind during our next price review and menu printing.

Your remark that the other hotels in Luxor do not compare with Hilton Luxor, of course will encourage us to continue to strive for excellence.

Looking forward to your next visit to our sunny resort as you mentioned.

Kind regards,

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Just got back from my second visit to the hotel (last time was 2 years ago). Last time I was in Egypt I ended a proper tourist visit by spending a few days here and had such a great time I had to go back. This time I avoided all tourist activities and spent every day by the pool.

I will not pretend that the this is a cheap hotel, but you certainly get what you pay for. The service is absolutely faultless, from check in to check out. The team by the pool are the most helpful and friendly bunch of people you could ask for (too many to mention, but Abd was fantastic, as was Ismail), and everyone seems to be so focused on providing the best service possible and genually proud of the hotel that I will happily go back again.

The rooms are excellent and very clean. It was my birthday when staying here and either the chap cleaning the room noticed my birthday cards or reception noted my date of birth, but I came back to the room to find a cake, loads of balloons and a towering "cake" made out of towels.

The rest of the hotel looks absolutely stunning, both modern and classy.

My only negative comment is that the menus for the different restaurants seem a little confused to me. There is a oriental restaurant that I get, but the other two main restaurants have a mix of Egyptian, European and American dishes that don't seem to fit together. Saying this, everything I ate was great but I would personally have preferred somewhere which was more like a typical Egyptian place. The hotel did suggest some places in town though, which were also excellent and solved that problem and I suppose if the hotel did have a more traditional place to eat I would never have left the place all week, which would have been a bit lazy of me.

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for your amazing feedback you posted on the tripadvisor site.

It is a huge achievement when our guests say that the hotel is faultless. This one word of yours give us the stimulation and necessary energy to continue to spare no efforts to make each holiday of our guests the most enjoyable one.

I shared personally your remarks with our team members in particular with Abdel Salam and Ismail.

Your comment about the menus of the restaurants has been forwarded to our Executive Chef to re-review them. The entire kitchen team is very proud to learn that you enjoyed all of the food served to you and that you are keen to taste more of the traditional Egyptian delicacies. I can ensure you that we have plans to further enhance the offering in the near future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again to “Your home away from home”, Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

scotland
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Where to start-I have visited Luxor 20 times and this was my first visit to this hotel
The Hilton hotel is absolutely stunning,rooms perfect,staff very professional and happy in their work,food great,setting gorgeous,manager very friendly and takes great interest in all areas of the hotel and ensures that guests are happy.I felt totally relaxed during my holiday and will definitely be returning.Not just 5 star rating I'd give it a 10star if there was one.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank sbboss
, General Manager at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Valued Customer,

We really appreciate your lovely feedback about your recent holiday at Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa.

Thank you indeed for your review on the Tripadvisor site, it is amazing to read that your rating for our resort is 10* not only 5*, I am proud of my property.

Your encouraging comments were shared with all of our team members who they are very happy to know that their service exceeded your high expectations.

We will be more than happy to welcoming you again to our resort in the near future.