I stayed here with my partner and my parents for a week at the beginning of September 2010. This was my first time to Egypt.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and tidy. If you wish to have tea and coffee facilities in your room, this is available for GBP25 a week or GBP5 a day. All rooms have a balcony, which although small, is a fantastic bonus. Our patio overlooked the central courtyard. There is a good selection of television programs available and internet access (an essential for me) was reliable and reasonably priced at LE 495 for the week.
Breakfast is a buffet offering and there is something for everyone there. You will never have an empty tea/coffee cup - sometimes we barely had taken a sip before being offered a refill. If you are not on half/full board accomodation, the buffet meals served in the same restaurant area as breakfast is expensive in comparison to the other restaurants the hotel offers. The Thai restaurant was excellent, reasonably priced and the service was very efficient. The waiter was knowledgeable of the dishes and made some excellent recommendations.
The pool area overlooks the river and has a wonderful view of the Nile's west bank. In peak season, I can imagine it being very busy but there was plenty of space and a good mix of full sun and shady areas in which to sit. The pool bar serves a good range of light meals and drinks which can be brought to your sun lounger if you wish.
There is a bank and a currency change machine in the hotel lobby which both offered a favourable rate (8.735 LE to the pound during our stay). You can also swap your large notes for smaller change, as we found tipping used up all of our small notes and coins far quicker than expected.
The service received was excellent - all members of staff were friendly and helpful.
The hotel also offers boat trips for a reasonable price. Although they may not be the cheapest on offer, there is no pressure from the captains and the fee is fixed, with tips at your discretion. We took a spur of the moment sunset felucca boat trip on the Nile at a cost of LE35 each and had the most wonderful and relaxing hour out on the water. The captain was relaxed, funny and helped make the trip something worth remembering.
We would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Our Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel, It is a 5 stars hotel has a unique location amidst relics of a 7000-years-old civilization, in the heart of Luxor, only 1.5 Km. From the temple of Luxor and 10 Km. From Luxor Airport. Guests can enjoy a marvelous view of the mighty Nile in addition to the cliffs of the Theban Mountains on the western bank where the valley of kings and Queens lie. The hotel offers a variety of service and facilities, 11 conferences and break out rooms that can host up to 2000 participants, among other things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Steigenberger Nile Palace Hotel Luxor
- Nile Palace Luxor
- Luxor Steigenberger Nile Palace
- Le Meridien Luxor
- Nile Palace Hotel Luxor