“Peaceful and lovely”

Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Cairo, Egypt
“Peaceful and lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am writing this review a bit late, but I must take the time to write about this wonderful place. The hotel is right on the Nile and the photos do not give justice to the tranquil surroundings. Even though the hotel was almost empty the week before the Easter holidays everything was well up to the standard of a five star hotel. Great cabana rooms, we had a double room with an extra bed, not a folding bed but a real bed with comfortable mattress and a choice of different pillows. the rooms are newly refurbished and extremely clean. We had an angle view of the Nile. The gardens were well maintained and I saw the hotel manager walking around every morning early checking the grounds. Even though the hotel was under occupied we enjoyed a full breakfast buffet, from eggs to pancakes, fresh juice and fruit, amazing breads, cheeses and cold cuts, there was nothing missing. The waiters brought your plate to the table and would bring you anything else you wanted. The hotel staff was very attentive and friendly. This was a perfect spot to explore Luxor, we would return form the sightseeing and find ourselves in paradise. Thank you for the lovely stay. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose a Nile room view or Nile angle view room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Christina S from Cairo,

Thank you very much for having stayed at our Resort before last Easter and for posting your kind and positive review on Tripadvisor.

It was our great pleasure having you staying with us and to be at your service. I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the few days on Kings Island and we are already
looking very much forward to welcome you back home soon again. I remain with

Sunny regards from the GM’s office

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Was only able to stay this month for 6 days at this fantastic hotel which is beautifully situated by the Nile. Staff, food and accommodation can only be described as first class, The reception staff were pleasant and helpful and the service in the Ascot Bar and at breakfast was extremely good. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. I am naturally looking forward to my further 2 week stay in October.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank wardforceone
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Wardforceone from Burton upon Trent UK,

Thank you very much for having returned once again to your home in Luxor and for sending your kind and positive Hotel report to the Tripadvisor community.

I am very pleased to read that we could make your short holiday on Kings Island a successful one and that you had a good time on the shores of the river Nile.

The Jolie Ville Team and I are looking very much forward to welcome you again in October at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island and remain with

Sunny regards from wonderful Luxor

Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

2nd visit now to this gem of a hotel, initial visit being in back in April 2012.

For obvious political reasons, it has been a very turbulent time in Egypt in between my two trips out there and although everywhere has been pretty hard hit with tourism being at it's lowest the hotel has managed to cope remarkably well during these times. For me, the answer to this lies in the obvious care, devotion, dedication to the cause and the love the manager, Urs along with his staff have for making the place a success. With that in mind and as much as i hate to say it, and this by no means is a direct criticism toward the hotel, I must say that I did notice a very slight decline in my personal overall experience 'satisfaction' so to say compared to my previous visit but as already mentioned, this is understandable considering the current climate and the difficulties not only Jolie Ville is experiencing but the country as a whole.

The hotel grounds are large, relaxing and still very well looked after. On the 1st day I did notice the horizon pool was not particularly clean after stepping on some slimy algae. Whilst pointing this out to my travel companions, the staff also picked up on the fact I was eying something on the bottom of the pool and they very quickly stepped in to investigate. Turns out, by all accounts that there were a few faulty pumps which was effecting the cleaning. Can't blame them for things out of their control like on this occasion but I can commend them for taking immediate action and taking a instant interest in something they were unaware of. The pool was shut a few days later, presumably so repairs could be carried out by my understanding......a prime example of above mentioned staff enthusiasm, concern and care for the hotel and its guests. This in no way what so ever was a problem as we had already moved over to the infinity pool instead.

Dinner on the Islands two restaurants, Le Fleur and Zigolini's as last time did not disappoint. Everything was very tasty and well cooked. The only missing ingredient was a vibe to the restaurants due to the lack of tourists, which is such a shame. Their buffet meals which I called 'hit and miss' last time round were much improved, specially their soups which were delicious.

As a guest recommendation to Urs/the hotel, I would like to mention 2 things. One being that as a basic human need, I found it strange that the spa doesn't offer or even have complimentary water (apart from tap water which we are told not to drink) to give to customers. When asked for a glass after a steam room session, they had to walk all the way to the bar to buy a bottle which we were charged for. The second is the disappointment of the removal of the shisha pipes, which we all enjoyed last time round.

You can't help but to root for and wish well for the Jolie Ville as it truly is a superb hotel and I sincerely hope the tourism picks up very soon. I definitely will be going back again.....and again

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank SJP71
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear SJP71 from Beckenham UK,

Thank you very much for returning once again to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor, your home in Luxor and for your kind and elaborate comments on Tripadvisor!

I am happy to read that you have been satisfied again with the hotel accommodation, offers and services provided to during your recent stay. I am sorry for the troubles you had to face with our “Horizon Pool”; and grateful for your kind understanding. Indeed it was a major problem in the pump room which needed extensive repair and therefore made the pool not usable for a few days.

Concerning the free water at the Spa, I fully agree with you and will give the respective orders to provide mineral water free of charge to clients especially when coming out of the sauna or hamam.

Thank you very much for pointing these issues out to me to improve. We all look very much forward to welcome you back to Kings Island in the not so far future. I remain with

Sunny regards from quiet and peaceful Luxor

Abergavenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Having been unable to get just a flight to Luxor for a return visit to Jolie Ville the only way we could get there to celebrate my 80th birthday was to join a cruise package holiday and have my birthday visit while in the Luxor berth. Having made arrangements with them before hand that we could visit with as many friends as we liked the only day we could arrange was on our last day. We were met at the Luxor quay side by one of the Jolie Ville motor boats. What a reception we got! After a short motor boat trip we were greeted by members of the staff on the restaurant terrace as we approached up their private jetty. Mr. Hussein and Denise were waiting with birthday cake at the ready and they and the other members of the staff were soon singing Happy Birthday in English and Arabic joined by the four friends who accompanied us. Following a golf buggy ride to show our friends around this amazingly special hotel we then had lunch which had been laid up specially for us at our favourite poolside restaurant. After a short visit to the two children we sponsor at the local Sunshine children's home we were returned to the Jolie Ville for our boat ride back to the cruise ship. This was a birthday I shall never forget. To anyone who wants a holiday amongst the most friendly, comfortable and enjoyable surroundings I would recommend them to the Jolie Ville. It is beyond compare.Once you have visited the Jolie Ville you will want to return again and again I really hope to return next year, God willing.

Room Tip: We love the smaller bungalows but for families the newer ones have a bit more space.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank welliegood
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Welliegood from Abergavenny,

Thank you very much for having entrusted us with your birthday lunch upon your last visit to Luxor! The pleasure was all ours to have you with us for this very special day of yours. Thank you very much as well for recommending our Resort in your comment posted on Tripadvisor.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back home to Kings Island in the not so distant future. I remain with

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have spent many a wonderful holiday at this hotel in Luxor. I know that people are reluctant to travel to Egypt for obvious reasons but believe me it's perfectly safe we do it all the time, and staying at this hotel is a must. It's out of town and to be honest you don't even know where you are it's a world of it's own. Tranquil, beautiful gardens, birds singing, the river nile flowing by with fellucas and local fishermen fishing it is a haven . Recent refurbishments have in the main improved the hotel, but unfortunately I do feel it may encourage more families to go there which means more children which to me means more noise and to be honest Luxor is NOT NOT NOT a place to take children, there is nothing for them to do and the weather gets far too hot, consequently they get bored and disruptive and spoil the atmosphere. It really is and should remain an adults only hotel/resort. If you want peace and tranquillity give it a go- see you in July.

Room Tip: Choose a Nile View
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank 485susan29485
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear 485susan29485 from Northampton UK,

Thank you very much for holidaying once again at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for taking your valuable time to write your views about our Resort to Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read how much you like Kings Island and indeed, it is a great place of peace and tranquility, we are for sure NO Club Hotel!
I do although disagree with you that it is not a place for children and families, after all we do operate our “Relaxing Pool” which is for adults only and guarantees a quiet and relaxing sunbathing.
I even think our hotel is ideal for families with children: all flat grounds, bungalows with connecting doors, lots of space and gardens right in front of each room, children pools with water splashes, mini zoo, kid’s club, during school holidays special children buffets, etc etc. More so, children can learn something about history and culture in Luxor which is certainly better for them then seeing the “Sodom & Gomorra” in some other holiday destinations?

Thanking you for giving me the chance to write about how great our Resort is for families with children, we all look very much forward to welcome you back to Kings Island in July, and don’t worry I guarantee you a quiet & relaxing holiday. I remain with

Sunny regards from quiet and peaceful Luxor

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have had a number of wonderful holidays at the Maritim and would recommend this hotel to any others if you visit Luxor without hesitation.
Unfortunately we have not been able to return in the last year due to difficulty in getting flights to Luxor from the north.
It is such a special place and it will continue to hold a piece of my heart. I love the history of the Nile and Egypt, I truly hope things settle and flights are resumed to allow us to return Home!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Julie R,

Thank you very much for your support and fidelity towards the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for recommending our Resort to the “outside world” on the www.

We know, accessing Luxor with direct flights has been very difficult, if not impossible, from many countries in Europe in the past months and years. As well the unjustified travel bans by nearly all European countries for a way too long time have not helped much to support the Egyptian People earning their daily living!

There are although possibilities to travel to Luxor via Cairo from everywhere and believe me the change of air planes (transit) in Cairo Air Port is as easy as can be. All EU flights arrive at the same terminal as the domestic flights leave and the walk way is very short and supported with rolling carpets all over. As well you can check through your luggage from your departure destination to Luxor directly.

Don’t grumble about the bad weather at home any longer, book a flight to Cairo and spend some sunny days & weeks with us in Luxor. Sunshine guaranteed!

We all look very much forward to welcome you back to Kings Island in the not so distant future. I remain with

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

this hotel is almost to good to be true.......
the location is perfect, an island on the Nile.... the most wonderfull sunset....
you only hear the birds,.... the gardens are beautifull........
the staff is very, very helpfull ( almost too ...), the food is exellent,..

one remark: the location- and the temperature ....give lots off bugs a nd mosquito's......and they seem ressistant to spray...

people who seeks quiet, peacefull, natural beauty and a perfect service are on the right place..........complete detox and unstressed you return to your homecountry is you had a visit on yhis dream-island..........

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helga188636
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Helga 188636 from Antwerb in BE,

You nearly make me blush! Thank you very much for your wonderful comments posted on Tripadvisor and for recommending our Resort to the “outside world” on the www.

Yes, the mosies are a bit of a pest these days (during sunset mainly) when the Nile swells to its usual summer high level. I suppose it has to do with the flooded marshland around the island. As the local sprays do not work very well I suggest clients to bring “Autan”, “Anti Brum” or a similar mosquito spray the skin supports well, hence one can enjoy the breathless wonderful sunsets and priceless delicious evenings on the banks of the majestic river Nile