“After experiencing the rest this is the best!”

Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed at this resort in Feb 2013, booked for a week and enjoyed our stay so much stayed for another 5 days. Having stayed at a few of the other hotels I can say they do not compare, the facilities on the island are second to none.
We ate out a few times at local restaurants but can say the difference in quality and quantity was not worth the small saving, the buffet restaurant was far superior. We travelled with a child and thankfully this hotel is not empty it has an active childrens club which offers a wide range of activites to entertain my child, in house camel, tennis lessons etc.
They provide tea and coffee facilities and have room service available. They also note the comments on tripadvisor as now the bar has been seperated into smoking and non-smoking areas.
We especially recommend Fallah's Tent, excellent fun, exceptional value.
A special thanks to Haggag room manager so polite and helpful nothing was to much trouble, exceptional reception staff. We had a fantastic time and will return soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Diana S
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Dear DianaSaxelby from United Kingdom,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Resort to be your home in Luxor for your holiday this year. Thank you as well for a very nice and complementing report on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to welcome many birdwatchers and lovers to show them around the Kings Island bird paradise!

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Write a ReviewReviews (2,245)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just returned from our annual visit,. gets better and better.The management and staff are so welcoming and hospitable.Waiters in the Restaurants remember our favourite table and our drinks order after 12 months away!
The gardens are immaculate and so very interesting.
Great recreation team ,Even having time for the over 60's
Looking forward to our next visit on this wonderful island in The Nile.
Sadly U.K. Airlines seem to be making flights more difficult to obtain especially from Manchester

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank patagerry

Dear Patagerry from Haslingden, United Kingdom,

Thank you very much for having made the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor your personal winter retreat and for your kind report posted on Tripadvisor.

It is just great having the possibility to provide for clients like you and all our other esteemed “Regulars” who have made Kings Island their home in Upper Egypt and so not only support the hotel and the team but Egypt over all by being fantastic Ambassadors for this wonderful country and loving people! Thank you.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back home in the near future.

Sunny regards from unique & spring like Luxor

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We selected this hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed.

We upgraded from a comfort apartment to a superior deluxe on arrival (The tour operator we booked through online had "allowed" the booking of a comfort room for 4 persons but it was obvious on arrival that the comfort rooms would not accommodate 4 persons). The situation was quickly resolved by the duty manager once it had been brought to his attention.

I have only praise for this marvellous resort. Of particular note was the standard of the food. We are discerning eaters and we were very pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the food on offer. They do an excellent job of catering for all tastes. (The only exception would be the "Fellah tent" evening where the food was a little average, but I am just being picky....It was cooked outside afterall!)

Special thanks to Fthalla and his team (notably Alaadin) for the personal attention and care shown to our family during our stay (Hector & Herbert say "Hi" to you both!). We will remember our holiday with fondness not least because we were so well looked after - That means a very great deal when a holiday is something you look forward to for many months and was much needed!

Previous reviews say it all really.

Would we return? Just try stopping us!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HectorBart
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Hector Bart from South Somerset UK,

Thank you very much for having selected the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your home in Luxor during your last holiday and for posting your very kind and positive comments about our Resort on Tripadvisor.

We are utmost enchanted that as a team we were able to provide you with the hardware, services and personal attention you have expected and that you all had a wonderful and relaxing holiday on Kings Island. Special thanks at this place to Fathalla and Alladin who went the extra mile on their job, well done guy’s!

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back home again in the not so far future!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were here for a week and loved it. It's a beautiful resort with great facilities. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would recommend on spending the extra and stay in at least the deluxe room rather than the entry level comfort room. The only criticism for me is the food (a) the buffet isn't fantastic... There are theme nights but basically 80% of the food stays the same and the breakfast isn't great and we found it not that fresh (b) all the onsite restaurants are European themed - that's fine because obviously this is their target but I did expect to at least be able to eat Egyptian food in Egypt however I could only eat French or Italian or other western food. Once again this is a great resort and I would recommend it but if you didn't see the Nile out the front then you really wouldn't know you are in Egypt, you could really be anywhere in the world.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan M
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Danovich from Melbourne in Australia,

Thank you very much for having selected the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your base in Luxor this February and for posting your views about our Resort on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you have generally enjoyed your stay on Kings Island and that you do recommend our Resort to any Luxor traveler.

With regards to the food variety and quality, I am really sorry we could not meet your palate. I do agree with you regarding missing “Egyptian / Oriental” Restaurant as an additional à la carte food outlet and can assure you it is in the pipeline.
The plan is to relocate the “La Fleur” opposite the “Zigolini” and make out the actual “La Fleur” the “Scimitar” an Egyptian / Oriental à la carte outlet. Furthermore I am dreaming of a floating seafood restaurant …… insha allah when tourists find their way back to Luxor as in the pre-revolution years!
Concerning the freshness of our breakfast buffet, I would like to learn more as we bake all our bread, rolls, croissants, cakes etc fresh every morning, we have a live cooking station where we prepare “à la minute” egg dishes according to our clients liking, as well falafels and pancakes. Behind the buffet , a chef is cutting cold cuts and cheese in small amounts to replenish the plates in front because quality and freshness matters very much to us.

Thank you again for your visit to Luxor, we do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back on Kings Island once again in the not so far future!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We chose this resort to celebrate our first year anniversary. We traveled with Apollo and stayed half-board (Breakfast buffet with non-alcoholic drinks incl. and dinner with drinks excl.).
The food was great. We really liked how they grew the vegetables on the island and baked the bread fresh on site everyday. Always good hummus, falafel, tahini and other local dishes available. The a-la-carte lunch menu was also very good and reasonably priced. The only downside was the insanely overpriced bottled water at the resort (6 times what you would pay at a market, if you can find one without tourist prices :)), but this is to be expected when you're staying outside of the town.
The free shuttle from the resort to the city center was a major plus.
The grounds are expansive and well-kept. The pools are big and clean. The adult pool was the warmest at 24c, probably because it is the smallest. The air temperature was around 24c-29c when we were there (mid Feb.) and the other pools ranged from 18c to 23c in temperature, which was refreshing, but you had to keep moving if you wanted to stay warm. That said, if you live in Europe, you're not going to find a warmer place to travel with warmer pools with only a five hour flight, in February!
All in all, we definitely recommend this hotel. Easy to get into the city to see the sights and delightful to be able to leave the city and come back to the hassle free, laid-back island.
We stayed in S-01. Nice room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellinmonkeys

Dear Travellinmonkeys from Oslo in Norway,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island and for the time taken to write your holiday experiences to Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay on Kings Island this February very much and that you are recommending our resort to other Luxor travelers.
Thank you for the compliments for our breakfast buffet and the Resort over all.

Mineral water price in our hotel are: big (1,5lt) bottle Le 13.- which is about € 1,45 a small bottle (0,5lt) is Le 8.- about 0,9 €! 0,75 lt. imported San Pellegrino is Le. 35.- or € 3,90 because of the transport and taxes. I think you have misunderstood something, at least I think this is rather low priced for a 5 stars Hotel.

Thanking you again for having selected our Resort to be your home in Luxor, we are looking forward to welcome you back in the hopefully not so far future.

Sunny regards from spring like & spectacular Luxor

Reviewed February 25, 2013

As so many other travellers have said, the Jolie Ville is a most beautiful hotel set in a fabulous natural environment. We both have very high standards but there are genuinely very few things that you could criticise about this hotel. The service is consistently superb, the facilities are immaculate and gardens preened to within an inch of their lives! We stayed over xmas and experienced a most magnificent xmas eve buffet, this was also in line with the wonderful daily breakfast buffet. Minor criticisms include the very cold pools - although we understand that this is directly related to the national diesel shortage - and poor internet signal. There is no question however, that we would wish to return...we are already keeping our eye on the deals....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank millie239
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Millie239 from East Mids,

Thank you very much for having spent your x-mass holidays 2012 with us at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time to write to Tripadvisor about our Resort.

I am enchanted to read that we could make your holiday a successful one and that you have thoroughly enjoyed the days on Kings Island. Thank you for forgiving us for the relatively slow internet connection which is due to some extra filters being built in by the new Government and our good old copper cable (I wished we had a fiber optic one!) in the ground.

As spring has started in Luxor, today morning at 07:00 it was already 20 degrees, the pools are getting warmer and warmer with less oil used for the heating, al hamduli allah!

We all hope to be lucky to welcome you again back home on Kings Island in the not so far future!

Sunny regards from excellent & spectacular Luxor

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in December during the Christmas period for 9 nights, and it was a lovely big complex, and it even had a little zoo which my friend and i did not know about. so we went to check it out one afternoon, it was a basic zoo of course, no elephants or giraffes, but pelicans, horses, monkeys, rabbits, it was nice for younger kids to see. It was a shame my friend and i didn't get the chance to walk around the whole complex. We couldn't fault breakfast at all which we had every morning, there was a good choice and everything was fresh. Loved having my omlette and eggs every morning and so glad they have the option of white and brown bread as i am a health conscious person! We also had told the hotel people before going that it was my birthday on the 18th of December, so on Wednesday, 19th December when we came back from going out, members of staff had left a lovely chocolate cake in our bungalow. it was too good to resist so we had to have a slice each! So Thank you Jolie Ville for the lovely cake.

The Bungalows were exactly to how our travel agent explained, the room we had was a standard one but big enough for both me and my friend, bathroom was clean too, with flatscreen TV, which we did not use anyway. But the room was big enough for me to even do my Zumba workout in the first week! And unfortunately, we didn't get to try the French restaurant during our stay there and a few people had said it was nice there. The italian restaurant we went to on the first night we got there, was abit disappointing as we both ordered a pizza and found it too salty, and we also ordered chips to share but the chips were not that nice and were cold. Luckily we told the manager about the chips and they brought us some fresh ones and said that we found our pizzas too salty but we were so hungry that we needed to eat. He apologized and said that it will be much better the next time we go, and he brough us some dessert to have for free and did not charge us for the chips which was nice of him.

Generally the bungalow we had was clean and tidy and spacious enough for two people, so in the summer we can imagine it being even nicer, as they were sunbeds outside the bungalow too with a table for people to chill out and relax. It got a little confusing for us to find the main reception to begin with then after a few days we found our way around, night time got more confusing though! We also went to the beauty salon to get some treatments done, unfortunately, i couldn't go ahead with my main massage treatment as i had had an accident, so just got my haircut and nails painted. People seemed nice enough there and gave me and my friend a decent deal.

On the 23rd of December, i had a horrible accident quadbiking in the morning, causing me great discomfort and had to be taken to hospital and clinic, the people we booked with unfortunately were not registered people nor did they own their own office or company for selling excursions. So thanks to them i had this accident, and i couldn't walk at all on my right leg and found it very difficult to walk about properly. We had to tell the reception staff what happened briefy, but luckily they had given me crutches to borrow until the rest of my stay and a wheelchair as i couldn't walk! So Thank you again the Jolie Ville Staff for lending me these equipments. From the 24th to the 27th of December i also had to have breakfast ordered to our bungalow and once again the staff were very sympathetic and always gave me more food than i had ordered for breakfast along with fresh orange juice. This service given my circumstances was the best i've ever had in all my holiday experiences!

But anyone who is going to stay at this hotel, please be warned about staying away from these particular guys we booked some trips with. There are two brothers Ramadan and Mohammed, and their company name they say which are british names are Cutty Sark and Blue Peter. Please do not go to these guys, as they will charm their way and get you to trust them and buy trips from them. They are not trustworthy at all, and because of them i had my quadbiking accident, the tour guide we were with was riding the bike too fast hence why i fell off it, and also the desert we went to was very rocky and dangerous unlike the desert in Sharm el Sheikh which i have also been to previously. It's been over two months since i had my accident and i still cannot walk! So please make sure you go with registered agencies and tour operators to book your excursions, people have proper legit offices in luxor town or the concierge at the hotel also will sell you trips which is more genuine.

Room Tip: if you are looking for affordability then the standard bungalows are a good option they are basic an...