WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
Lodz, Poland
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is a very good hotel, beautifully located on the private green island on the Nile river. This is very nice bacause there are no high buildings but just one or two levels bungalows. The staff is very friendly and the level of service high. There is a very good hotel manager taking care of everything, chatting with the guests so they can feel his attitude and involvement. 3 beautiful swimming pools (one only for adults which is a plus). The only small complain could be about food. It is not bad but it could be better. The theme buffets like e.g. Italian night are only loose varations of the theme food. But other than that very good and can be rocommended.

3 Thank Daniel K
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Daniel K from Lodz in Poland,

Thank you very much for staying at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor last Week and for your valued time to write and publish your Hotel impressions on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to read that you and your partner have enjoyed the stay on Kings Island very much and that you are recommending our Resort and value our services as very good.

I am sorry we could not really meet with your pallet and will put all our efforts into further developing our theme buffets to provide more variety and different dishes every evening.

Thanking you again for your visit and hoping to be able to welcome you back at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island in the not so far future,

Best regards from the always sunny Nile shores in Luxor

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Well we are on day three of our holiday. I'm currently in Bungalow 1 overlooking the perfectly maintained gardens as I type! Most people wait for their return to write a review but I've decided to jump the gun. This is now my 4th visit to this hotel and quite frankly in Luxor I haven't found better. The tranquility of an island resort five minutes away from the bustling and sometimes overbearing town of Luxor is like two separate worlds. The staff as usual are very good and not annoyingly over attentive as some hotels. I don't need my glass or plate refilled every 10 minutes but I do like peace and quiet. Its hard to write a review without sounding like a PR consultant for the hotel there are down sides but so minimal I'd feel like a fool trying to list them. A big thank you to Abu Elmagd Muhammad The Front Office manager as my wife has a serious nut allergy which was simply resolved so we had no worries and as it was our wedding anniversary we got a very nice upgrade. Ill probably write another review when I get home because hopefully these reviews help all the staff feel a little happier in their jobs how ever small they may be.
p.s. a couple of older reviews have mentioned the Zoo by saying they have concerns for the welfare of the animals can I just say I have been coming here for a good few years and have never seen any problems with standards or the condition of the animals this year our daughter came with us and she works with animals in many ways but mainly in animal sanctuaries and animal care if she has no concerns I certainly don't and nor will you WHEN you visit!

Marko K Howard
Warm & Relaxed,
Luxor,
Egypt.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marko 1969 from Brentwood UK,

Thank you very much for spending your holidays for the 4th time at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for sharing your views about our Resort with the world wide Tripadvisor community.

If you are still in the hotel when this reply is posted, I would very much like to meet with you to discuss the “minimal downsides” you found, in order to learn more about the needs and requirements of our esteemed clients to make sure we do not miss anything.

Thank you for your comment on our little petting Zoo. Dr. Victor our local veterinarian is visiting the Zoo on a monthly basis and provides me with a small report about the wellbeing of each animal to be ascertained that all animals are well taken care of and always in good health.

The Jolie Ville Team and I are wishing you all the best for this holiday and if you are still in the Resort next Saturday the 1st of December, I look forward meeting with you at our repeat clients cocktail at the Moga Bar in the later afternoon.

Best regards from 34 degrees and ever sunny Luxor

jcbluk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I don't have much to add to other reviews here. The property is immaculate, modern and very clean. Breakfast is excellent, as are the poolside options at lunch (egyptian staples such as shawerma are great) and - a real rarity - a reasonably priced and tasty room service menu. The buffet isn't great value if you don't take it as part of the half board but would be fine on the half board option if you didn't want to go into Luxor. The Italian, however, does really excellent pizzas. Most of the staff are very polite, and very helpful, and things like the shuttle bus and fixed price taxis do encourage you to get out and about.

Why not perfect? On our third day, we received notice that the pool closest to us would be shutting for three days because of 'urgent technical challenges'. As the pools were quite chilly when we arrived, but by the last day we were there were clearly being heated, we presumed something had gone wrong when they tried to turn the heating on! Four days after the notice, the pool was not re-open again, and there was some confusion amongst the staff about when it would be (or if it was or not). There was a good effort to ensure enough space by other pools, but the pool staff were generally not quite as attentive and helpful as in other areas of the hotel.

This shouldn't put anyone off but I feel obliged to mention it - clearly the hotel has no 'off season' so things like this will happen from time to time. Still, at the prices currently available it is phenomenally good value and a very strong choice for people keen to see the sights of ancient Thebes without being trapped in 'hassle central' in Luxor itself.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear JCbluk,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your home during your recent holiday in Luxor and for the time taken to write you’re your kind comments on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that we were able fulfill your holiday expectations and that you had a pleasant and enjoyable time on Kings Island.

Regarding the “Horizon – Pool” closure: late October we had a very unfortunate incidence where one of our young clients hurt his toe on a broken tile inside the kids’ are of this pool where the water splash is. To avoid any further injuries we had to act as quickly as possible and reduce the water level of the entire pool to be able to replace the broken tile in the dry. I have no explanation why the pool was warmer after the refill as we refilled it with cold water and a water heating system is not yet installed in the “Horizon – Pool”? Our other two pools are heated the (for adults only) “Relaxing Pool” to 27 and the 2400 square meter “Infinity Pool” to 25 degrees. I am very sorry if the communication was not clear and accurate with my team and our esteemed clients, I will try my best to improve the information flow in the future to avoid any misunderstandings.

Thanking you once again for your visit at our Resort, we truly hope to be able to welcome you again on Kings Island in the not so far future and remain with

Sunny regards from unique Luxor

cheddar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our first time at this super hotel. Booked at the very last minute and organised a shuttle from the airport by just emailing the hotel. We upgraded to a deluxe double and it was superb. Large room, good bathroom and lovely balcony to sit and look over the grounds which were full of birds and lovely trees and flowers.
Breakfast and evening buffets were very good but a little bit disappointed by the meals we had in the new Italian and the french eateries.We bought a meal deal 80E for 5 evening meals - well worth it.
The staff are brilliant best we have ever experienced (better than even the Four Seasons!)
The managers and chefs mingle with the guests all the time ensuring everything is satisfactory.
A special mention for the lovely man who looks after the zoo animals they are kept to a very high standard and he obviously loves his job.
The two infinity pools are to die for - views across the Nile hardly anyone in them while we were there.
The hotel offers a peaceful retreat after the hussle and bussle of Luxor. You can truly relax in between sight seeing.
Egypt is suffering very badly from a double whammy - crisis in the eurozone and the threat of terrorism to tourists. No trouble at all when we were there in Luxor.
Our only 2 niggles a very hard bed and lack of sound proofing between the rooms we unfortuanately had the family from hell next to us 3 small, very tired, very noisy children. But I am sure if we had asked we could have moved to another room.
A testament to the hotel is the number of returning guests - no better recommendation.
If you have been thinking of going to Egypt book now !!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe especially on the second floor.
2 Thank holiday4meCheddar
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Holiday4me from Cheddar,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor to be your home in Luxor month and for your valuable time taken to write your impressions about our Resort on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with our Superior Deluxe Rooms which indeed are very spacious with 54 square meters without the balcony.

Mohammed our Zookeeper sent his regards and thanks for your kind praises’. I am positive we have the happiest animals in pension on Kings Island of all of Egypt.

I am very sorry about your disappointment regarding the food in our La Fleur and Zigolini Restaurant, what exactly was it you did not like, the taste, the choice, the service, the arrangement, the cooking? If you give us the pleasure to visit us again in the future and you have an issue with what so ever, please come and talk to us, it is our aim to make you happy all around!

As well, if you would have asked for softer mattresses or/and a room change, this would have been absolutely no problem at all. We do have softer mattresses available and more than sufficient rooms to choose from (-unfortunately)

It was a great pleasure having you staying with us and we look very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island in the not so far future.

I remain with
Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Breakfast by the Nile, walking through beautiful, spacious gardens, sunbathing by the infinity pool and watching the world sail by on the Nile. Later, cocktails as the sun sets and then end the day by fine dining at 'La Fleur' where the staff are so pleasant, helpful and professional.
The location is excellent, the views across the Nile are timeless and there is no better place to relax.

Room Tip: The rooms are average, but the bungalows all have their own outside area with table, chairs and sun...
Dear Lorraine V from Brighton UK,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time to write a short review on Tripadvisor.

I could not agree more with you about the relaxing atmosphere and the timeless views across the Nile from any place in our Resort, it is indeed like from another world! We also very glad that you have enjoyed our services and the friendliness and professionalism of our team members. Thank you!

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back home very soon again and wish you in the mean time all the very best. If you then try one of our Deluxe Rooms or even a Suite, I am positive you will like the size and arrangement very much.

With sunny regards from splendid Luxor

Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wonderful setting on an island in the nile - slightly out of Luxor town centre. Beautiful grounds with lots of birds. 3 pools to choose from and a very good buffet selection at breakfast. Ordinary rooms are quite basic so it's worth upgrading if you can. Free shuttles into and out of town and fixed prices for the taxis that wait outside. Nice gym and friendly staff. Will definitely be returning to this hotel.

1 Thank Alan V
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Alan V from Stroud UK,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time to publish your holiday experience on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our Resort and that you are already planning to come back to visit us again in Luxor. I remain with

Sunny & warm regard from one of the best hibernating places in the world, Luxor!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I am writing this review outside my room watching the sun go down on the Nile. We have been here a week and have another to go. What can I say, this is our 8th visit and we don't normally stay in the same place twice but the Jolie Ville is the first place we head for serious relaxation. The staff are exemplary, food fantastic and service second to none.our room is immaculate and is cleaned to a very high standard everyday.
For anyone worried about trouble in Egypt please be reassured Luxor has no trouble and is very safe, my husband and I walk around the streets quite happily at night, the locals are great people.
Lunchtime I would definitely recommend the restaurant at the infinity pool, today I had pan fried sea bass on wilted garlic spinach with vegetables for around £9, amazing! If you don't fancy anything on the menu the chefs are more than happy to cook up something you like.
We travel all over the world but this place really does it for me.

Room Tip: The new rooms are lovely but we always prefer to stay in the bungalows at the North end of the islan...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Andrew S from London,

Thank you very much for having returned back for your 8th visit to the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for the very elaborate and nice comments posted on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay on our Island and that you were happy with the accommodation, the food quality and the services rendered. Comments like yours are always a great motivation for the entire team as it is our goal to provide utmost holiday enjoyment & relaxation to our esteemed patrons.

I would like to thank you as a "REGULAR" guest who are always supporing the hotel over the past 2 years. Thank you as well for mentioning how safe it is to travel to Luxor, the TV pictures (for making it more interesting/sellable) do not represent even 99,5% of the Egypt which is quiet, peaceful and awaiting so desperately the many visitors to come back and to help this peoples revolution to succeed!

Thanking you once again for your visit, we are looking very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island again in the not so far future.

I remain with,
Sunny regards from unique & spectacular Luxor.