WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor

Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Luxor
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Ive been 5 times its very Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Ive not been here this year unfortunately due to work commitments. I tend to review most places I visit but could not find a review on this! Which is odd as it is my favourite hotel in Egypt at least and probably in the top 3 service wise anywhere I have stayed! Great scenery terrific service especially as the staff know when to leave you alone and dont constantly keep bothering you which is a fault in alot of Egyption hotels. I could waffle on for ages but I'll just say if your unsure wether to choose this hotel for your stay in Luxor don't be I've stayed at 5 and this is the best by a country mile!
And personally im hoping to get back there this November!
Marko

Stayed September 2011
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Marko 1969 from Brentwood UK,

Thank you very much for having visit the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island already for 5 times in the past and for you kind comments about our Resort and the Team which is highly appreciated

We are looking very much forward welcoming you back home next November and to show you what all has happened in the Resort since your last visit.

Wishing you a sunny summer back in Brentwood, I remain with,

Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Have just returned home from this fabulous hotel. Every thing has been said by other travellers before me, but I have to confirm that this hotel is without doubt a joy to stay in.
Not only is the setting to die for, the rooms, views, gardens, pools and food magnificent but I personally found all the staff to be the real bonus.... Never have I been to a hotel where ALL the staff members were so genuinely friendly, helpfull and welcoming. Nothing seemed too much trouble, and as a solo traveller I was made to feel so at ease and part of the family.
Anyone who is hesitating to visit Luxor or Egypt please reconsider, this hotel is a little piece of Paradise.... possible to mix the fantastic sites of Luxor, with all their frantic hustle and bustle with the total tranquility of Kings Island. A perfect holiday, can't wait to return.

Room Tip: older renovated rooms have lovely mature garden terraces.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Noddy 88 from Southport UK,

Thank you very much for having once again chosen the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island to be your home in Luxor

Thank you as well for your very nice write up on Tripadvisor which is greatly appreciated. We all hope that Europeans finally understand that the pictures shown on TV are on the Tahrir Square in Cairo and only there is trouble. The entire rest of Egypt and Luxor especially is as quiet & safe as can be.

Sometimes I wonder that everybody says: oh the poor people down there! Or: how brave they have been with their revolution! But why are the same people not coming and showing their support by spending their holidays here? Especially as there is absolutely not risk or danger?

Thanks again for your visit to our fabulous destination and PS: we can’t wait to have you back!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed at the Jolie Ville during the last week in April 2012 on B&B basis, which was our second visit having stayed there 7 months ago.
It was pleasing to note that all hotel services are maintained despite the reduction in tourism with some improvement to the food quality probably due to the arrival of new executive chef. We opted for the standard room that was adequate with effective but a touch noisy air conditioning and purchased the 3 nights meal plan that was good value with an A la carte option included as standard that we must say was prepared to very high standards.
This hotel good reputation is due to their staff as every one is helpful and accommodating. The three swimming pools were all open, the 4 times daily transfer to Luxor town was operating normal and they've cleaned up the water line bordering the West side of the Nile. The Hotel is busy promoting the newly open Italian restaurant.
The reductions in guest numbers did not spoil our stay, in fact we felt that we got very good value overall. There were no evening entertainment events during our stay.
The breakfast was lovely as you watched the Nile and wild life on the restaurant terrace while enjoying freshly backed traditional Egyptian bread. Again the staff there worked tirelessly to ensure all your needs are met.
We ate lunch at the hotel twice and found it reasonably priced with good quality.
The hotel recognise their loyal customers and organised a cocktail hour.
All hotel services are very well organised including the business centre that contain books, Egyptian newspapers in English & French & internet access.
I loved my early morning walk around the hotel ground watching the hot air balloons across the other side side of the Nile and the passing cruise boats.
The daily temperature reached 40 degrees so a dip in one of the pools was essentials to cool down.
Overall we enjoyed our stay in Kings Ireland and Luxor town and did not experience any problems only good value deals every where. We shall look forward to another visit to this beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: choose bigger deluxe room @ a cost of $40 per night if you intend to stay at the hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Raeedr from Cardiff UK,

Thank you very much for having visited at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor again this April 2012 after your first visit last year. The fact that you have returned to Kings Island is the already the best compliment you can give to us.

According to your very positive review on Tripadvisor for your over all stay in our Hotel, I am very pleased to see that our new Executive Chef has already made an impact on the quality and presentation of our meals served.

We are already looking very much forward to welcome you back home on Kings Island maybe again in autumn?

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

My fourth visit to this hotel and it most certainly won't be the last. It is the closest you can get to paradise in my opinion. Cosy, comfortable and homely accommodation in the most beautiful surroundings, spectacular views, spotlessly clean pools, a fantastic and appetising choice for breakfast and a variety of amusements if required (my favourite is the water aerobics as it makes me feel young again!). The staff are very helpful and amusing too. Having stayed in central Luxor many times, I now realise it is far, far better to stay here and take a short ride by taxi if you fancy the hustle and bustle of the city. The whole experience of the Maritim Jolie Ville is just perfection!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Sylvia Oddy from Leeds,

Thank you very much for having stayed with your daughter at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor lately and for the very generous 100%! We are all flattered and will continue to give our level best to make our esteemed clients have a great holiday experience with a good mix of culture and relaxation.

Thank you as well for your time to write your views about the hotel on Tripadvisor. We are happy having been able to make you feel homely and comfortable during your stay and truly hope to be able to welcome you and your family back home on Kings Island in the not so far future.

Sunny regards from unique, tranquil & peaceful Luxor

Newark, Notts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Back again at the Jollie Ville for the 21st time. Why you might ask? Well it is consistently good, the staff are friendly and remember you and welcome you back like lost family. The resort is on Kings Island and is a beautiful and quiet, set in lovely grounds, great for bird watchers!

We tend to use the the adults only pool, but there are two other lovely infinity pools for families and children. New Italian restaurant was super, and the updated garden bungalows are lovely. We prefer these to the newly built rooms, as the gardens re more mature. The regular guest cocktail party was also lovely..........!

Room Tip: B block is closer to the adults only pool and good therefore for those whose mobility is compromised...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear Carol C from Newark,

Thank you very much for having spent your holiday in Luxor for the 21st. time with your “family” at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor and for having taken the time to write to Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that once again we were able to make your holiday a successful one and that you enjoyed our newly opened “Zigolini” Italian Restaurant.

Thank you once again for being such a great ambassador for Egypt and our Resort, we are looking forward welcoming you and your family back home on Kings Island in the not so far future.

Sunny regards from unique, tranquil & peaceful Luxor

Leeds
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I am 14 years old and I have just visited the Jolie Ville in Luxor for the 4th time! The mere fact that I have returned with my mum shows how much I have enjoyed my time there! The first thing that strikes you is how different it is from any other hotel or complex that is available to stay in. Rather than the dull and repetitive hotel blocks, the rooms are situated within large huts (outside) that are sliced like pizzas into individual rooms. Although these rooms are not totally luxurious or large it is easy to make them feel homely and you do feel very cosy. The rooms have air conditioning and extras such as hair dryers, dressing gowns, tea/coffee etc. However, if you are into rooms that are extremely fancy and grand then maybe this may not satisfy you! Moving on, the staff are all really friendly and in some cases almost too friendly, but it was fun! The reception staff are very helpful and speak good English. They have a laugh with you and are generally quite relaxed. Personally, I like being left alone on holiday to do my own thing and the only annoying thing was the repeated requests to use the 'Health and Beauty' spa even if you clearly didn't want to. The overall cleanliness of the hotel is top notch! The reception is very appealing and your eyes cannot fail to be drawn to the breath taking chandelier that hangs form the middle of the ceiling. It is incredible that a less economically developed country has been able to create such a wonderful place and of course surroundings. That brings me onto the location and gardens. What can I say? Let me list a few words: Beautiful, special, unique, relaxing, paradise... although there may be a considerable amount of people staying there you almost feel you are on your own to enjoy everything yourself. As the grounds are so big, it is easy to isolate yourself from the world around you! All in all, a fantastic place.

2 Thank LCOddy
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear LC Oddy from Leeds,

Thank you so much for your great report about the Maritim Jolie Ville Luxor on Tripadvisor and for having returned to Kings Island for the 4th time together with your mum!

I am particularly happy to read that as well young clients like you enjoy Luxor as a destination and the Jolie Ville in particular. Most of all I like the comparison of our bungalows to a Pizza pie with 17 slices; you really bring it to the point!

Please accept my personal apology if sometimes my guy’s around the pool were a bit overfriendly as you says and the lady from the beauty centre obviously too pushy selling her services. I surely will have a word with them to be more discrete and polite in approaching our clients in the future.

We are already looking forward welcoming you and your parents back at your home in Upper Egypt on Kings Island in the not so far future.

Sunny regards from unique, tranquil & spectacular Luxor

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We visited Luxor in mid April, stayed for a week. Our room was huge, nice and clean; we were there on half pension, so breakfast and dinner were already included.
The first night I couldn't sleep because the bed was too hard for me, I went to the reception the next morning and asked if they could do something for me, and they changed the matras the same day.
They have many different restaurants with themes to choose from, but the food at the main restaurant changes every night ,and it was always good. So we didn't feel the need to try something else.
The hotel has 3 swimming pools,one with amazing infinity view, one with horizon view and one for adults only. There were all very clean and heated.
A very nice extra is that they have free wifi in all the hotel, so I could sit in front of the pool and check my Facebook from there!
Also there is a lot of security all around the hotel and the view to the Nile is beautiful.
There is also a mini zoo with a camel and a monkey among other animals .
I think this is the best hotel in Luxor.

Room Tip: Because of the political situation in Egypt at the moment, there are less turists visiting the count...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jolie_Star, General Manager at Jolie Ville Hotel & Spa - Kings Island, Luxor, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Adrix82 from Antwerp ,

Thank you very much for having stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville Kings Island Luxor this April and for your kind & very positive Tripadvisor comments.

We are very pleased to read that you were fully satisfied with your stay and happy with the selection and variety of our buffets in out Jolie Ville main buffet restaurant and that we could meet with your palate.

We are looking very much forward to welcome you back home in Upper Egypt and remain with,
Sunny regards from unique Luxor