“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eatabe Luxor Hotel

Eatabe Luxor Hotel
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Luxor
Glasgow
“Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have stayed at the El Luxor hotel on 4 occassions! the first time i stayed here it was called mercure Hotel formally known as Etap!
on arriving at the hotel on each occassion staff very welcoming and take your bags to your rooms.
rooms are very clean and tidy and staff keep them clean and tidy throught out your stay!
has most amazing pool along with Aly who is customer service relations who gets involved in some activites around the pool but no-one is pressured into taking part of they do not want to!
Pool staff very welcoming and you receive fresh large towels each day when you go to the pool.
Hotel is Bed and Breakfast and you recevie a large selection of breakfast from hot/cold and also low fat breakfast showing calories etc in each item. food in hotel restuarants is great and not at all expensive as you would think being in a hotel
location of hotel is superb with everything on your door step! looing onto the nile and over to valley of kings and Queens, just meteres along the road is Luxor temple!
highly recommed staying at this hotel of visiting luxor.

Room Tip: Try fro Room in higher floor as greater views of Luxor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LaurababeGlasgow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel over twenty times , Always had great fun and great company. The staff were amazing , Mainly Bob, Aly and Janet. they were always there for you . The food was very good. The pool is much better now thanks to Zane, nooby and Ehab for keeping it so clean and tidy . I love playing Darts against Aly ( he still cant beat me lol) I class most of the staff as friends.
Amazing place to be.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Just returned from a month at this hotel ,my home from home. I have been staying there twice a year for 30 years. I had a lovely room again on second floor with Nile view and King size bed. Thanks to everyone who made my stay so comfortable, Aly, Zane, Ehab, Nooby Samir, Ahmed in fact everyone ! I regard most of the staff there as friends. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Room Tip: Request a room with King size bed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank JOHNO370
leigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were in the Hotel El Luxor recently, which was a return visit to Luxor and this excellent hotel. The staff are very courteous, friendly and absolutely trust worthy - as was evidenced when we inadvertently left behind an item in the room safe and could only get back to the hotel a week later to check. The item had been handed in by the cleaning staff and kept secure by management. The food and facilities are very good, everything is clean and well presented. We had a Nile view and this really made a difference for us relaxing in the evenings watching life going on with such a beautiful backdrop.
The papyrus seller, who has a stall in the foyer of the hotel, provides the most beautiful papyrus's, genuine quality at very good prices. We found him to be respectfully friendly and highly knowledgeable and we were able to get far better deals from him than any of the markets and the official papyrus shops that we had visited.
We really had a marvelous week staying at the hotel and would certainly stay there again on our return visits to Luxor.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies directly overlooking the Nile view (not the newer rooms with side views).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tilburg, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were in this hotel last year and had a great stay. This year was great as well. Friendly staff at the reception and restaurant. Poolbar and lobbybar were fast and friendly as well. The only negative thing was the seats between the pool and the lobby; we sat there for half an hour and nobody came (all other people sitting there didn't have drinks either, so we left to the lobby bar where they served us immediatly). Nice, clean rooms. Last year we had a garden/pool view, this year we looked over the nile. We prefer the nile because it's beautiful to watch the sunset/rise over de Valley of the kings on the other side and to see daily life from your balcony. The garden/pool view might be a little more quite...just what you prefer I think... You can easily walk to the temples, mummification museum 400m to one side and luxor museum 400m to the other side. Recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Like mentioned in the review: The garden and pool side are more quite, the nile side is more interes...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hull, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Have been staying at the El Luxor Hotel since 2001 and it is always a pleasure to arrive back. My room is always ready for me to move in to with flowers, water and biscuits waiting for me.
The staff here are absolutely wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for them. Aly the Guest Relations Manager is wonderful, always available to help you if you need anything, he is most friendly and professional.
I must say a big thankyou to Samir who cleaned my room daily leaving different items made up of towels, they made me smile. Mohamed looked after me by the pool daily bringing me drinks as and when I needed. This visit for me was to escape totally from my normal life and all I can say is that the El Luxor Hotel provided it for me.
I also had the grand tour of the newly refurbished block with Nile View rooms which are totally stunning, please see my photos.
To all the staff = Keep up the good work, you are all wonderful people and I will see you again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Stef075
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Well what can I say?

The hotel was instantly recognisable as soon as we walked through the door! It was just like coming home again after 10 years away and was all too familiar...

We only had a very short stay of 2 nights to enjoy our experience here but enjoy it we did - helped by the fact we were upgraded to Nile View rooms. Thank you very much to the El Luxor for this :-)

In addition on taking lunch there we found we had a discount on any meals we took inside the hotel so lunch on the second day had an added bonus. A toasted sandwich and chips came to less than 4 EUR - cheaper than we can get at home in sunny Cyprus!

The hotel is spacious and clean, the staff are friendly and welcoming and we would happily stay here again. The pool and gardens are quite spectacular too.

It was good to pay a visit some 10 years after our stay with my stepson in 2002.

Recommended!

Room Tip: High floors will take you away from the traffic and less noise from the road. Visiting in summer mon...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends