Sharing facilites with its big brother, the Winter Palace Hotel, the Winter Pavillion provided me excellent value for money. I must confess that my room rate was a bargain. The prices for the following day were already almost fivefold!
However, the manicured gardens and generous pool are a world of peace and dignity in itself, a relief after seeing the monuments - and not finding anything else to match the excitement in Luxor. Very spacious rooms and sober decor overall make the stay a pampering experience. With the Luxor temple across the street, what more could you ask? Travelling alone, I chose the Winter Palace Royal Bar as dining option, where I tried the best Mezze I remember, atmospheric period architecture and very professional service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Sofitel Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor