We booked quite late via Hotels4U.com & secured a good half board rate. We are not first timers to Luxor and were slightly nervous about the choice, although we knew this 'annex' shared the fantastic gardens of the Winter Palace. We had stayed at the Sheraton previously with its great river frontage but the cost here won us over this time.
I had made contact ahead of the arrival with Guest Relations but we were incorrectly assigned a twin room and had to stay there the first night. This is always unsettling. That said a wonderful member of the reception team assisted us with a room swap. His customer service and politeness are second to none (Mr Oraby, a big well done).
Breakfast was good on a lovely sunny terrace with a lush garden view. The staff were attentive and professional.
We were most surprised to find our half board meals were to be taken in the Winter Palace itself, the Corniche restaurant. This was a real treat, gentile and quirky which suited us to the ground. We also used the Royal Bar too. This certainly added a great dynamic to our week long stay.
The pool area is truly lovely but the pool is currently unheated (fuel shortage) and therefore very cool. Nobody will mention this when booking and the hotel website is incorrect.
Our room was a little tired but 'felt great' which after all is the most important factor. Tea and coffee making facilities are not available but you can request a kettle. We bought our supplies from the UK but there were no cups..........all these small details of course impact on experience. Tipping seems to secure ongoing toiletries.
If you stay here, do use the back gate of the site which takes you directly to a bustling non-hassle area with a good supermarket, Ragab Sons...There is the real Luxor to experience here and we felt truly safe. It's simply great fun although can be overwhelming at first.
We hope to return to this hotel as it was such a lovely week. Keep the prices competitive, please Mr. Sofitel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor