Just got back from staying at the Pavillon. Unfortunately due to industrial action we were unable to spend the first night of our holiday at Pavillon and ended up at the Nile Palace, which is a good hotel, but lacks the central location of the Pavillon / Winter Palace.
However on the second day with the industrial action over, from the moment of walking through the revolving doors of the Winter Palace and being greeted by Mr Fahy and invited to take a complimentry meal at La Corniche the first evening, being escorted by him through the wonderful gardens to the Pavillon we were all made to feel that we were much appreciated guests and the stress of the previous day evaporated.
We throughly enjoyed our stay there, Our party stayed in rooms 5010, 5011 and 5012 and were very comfortable in all. Views of Luxor temple were to be had from the windows in the corridor.
Breakfast was taken at the Pavilon, with lunches when we were at the hotel by the pool. other than the meal we took at La Corniche Restaurant the first night which is Buffet with very good quality food and well presented. One evening we had reservations for the 1886 Restaurant Meal was excellent as was it's ambiance, setting, presentation, service and much more reasonable than might be thought !
Several visits to the Royal Bar were also made which again has a lovely ambiance.
Worthy of special mention along with Mr Fahy are Kamal the concierge at the Winter Palace and Mr Oraby at the Pavillon, Ali who cleaned our rooms, made lovely towel scultures and went out of his way to make sure we were happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the banks of the River Nile in the midst of a tropical garden in the city centre, near the luxor Temple and other attractions such as the Karnak Temple, the Luxor museum, the International Convention Centre and the Mummification Museum. The Pavillon Winter Palace features three restaurants, two bars and a swimming pool. We apologize for any inconvenience that may occur due to the construction work taking place nearby the hotel as of June 14 th 2008 for a period of 6 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pavillon Winter Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon Winter Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Pavillon Winter Hotel Luxor
- Luxor Pavillon Winter Hotel
- New Winter Palace Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Winter Palace Hotel Luxor