I stayed at the hotel with my wife for full two weeks and I just recommend this beautiful place.
The Egyptian hospitality is unique and we felt well taken care of. The pool is huge, plenty of staff to ensure you get a cold drink.
We spend all evenings in the various restaurants. They offer a great variety of European and Egyptian cuisine at an affordable price compared to Europe.
Don't miss the top, top breakfast buffet ! We were very surprised by the great variety and quality that the hotel offers.
Even though that the hotel is more than 100 years old, it is very well maintained and the spirit of hospitality outstanding. For sightseeing trips, ask for the guest relation ladies ( Kristeen did a great job) and the concierge. They are very efficient and have good contacts to multi lingual tour guides.
We have already booked to return in April !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Prestigia, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor