My friend and I stayed at the Winter Pavilion last week. It was very good and the staff could not do enough for us.
The problem is that we had to have our meals at the Winter Palace.
Service at breakfast poor - no teaspoons or eggcups and my friend's teacup was filthy!
We ate at 1886, supposedly a formal restaurant so we dressed up,- but there were customers there in a sundress and shorts and cans of drink on the table. also the prices did not reflect the poor quality of the food.
We appeciate that times are hard but they need to keep their reputation intact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Priceline, ACCOR and Hotels.com so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor