Stunning setting and amazing gardens. Excellent location in Luxor, adjacent to Luxor Temple, the Nile, steeped in history. Unmissable.
Egypt is going through difficult times and Luxor has been hard hit. Many of the staff have taken a cut in wages to keep their jobs and are very persistent re tipping but don't even consider Egypt if this sort of thing is going to bother you. The pool was unheated and had been advertised as heated. I complained and the manager offered to drive me daily to the nearby Movenpick , like I could be bothered in 7 days ?
I took a trip to Aswan and went along to Karnak. I would definitely return to this hotel for its style, garden and ambience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cancelon, ACCOR, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor