Stayed in Luxor in the Sofitel Old Winter Palace after being upgraded. Oh oh oh, grandeur, back into time with Howard Carter, from the entrance hall through the corridor to the restaurants, bar, tearoom... it is so beautifull. Not to forget the garden and the swimming pool. Good service. The breakfast buffet was almost too beautifull to touch, to eat. Easy walking to the Luxor, the Luxor museum, the soukh. Leave the hotel through the garden exit and find your way into Television Street where you enter "non touristic" Luxor. What an experience !
In case a stay in the hotel is not possible, just go up to the terrace, get installed in the nice seats under the parasols, have a drink and enjoy the view on the Nile and the Westbank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, Prestigia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor