We have just come back from 3 weeks in Luxor and were upgraded from the Pavilion to the Old Winter Palace. As this was our 20th trip with 17 having been spent at The Pavilion, the upgrade was both much appreciated and a wonderful experience.
This hotel excels on customer service with friendly and obliging staff throughout the entire operation. Our room overlooking the Nile was beautifully kept with lovely floral arrangements on our bed each night. As always, the Reception staff and in particular Mr Orabi were so helpful on both our arrival and throughout our stay.
The gardens this year were spectacular and of course the pool is still for me the best in Luxor, with outstanding pool boys and really good service from the pool restaurant. I have already booked for 3 weeks at the same time next year. Whether we will be back in The Pavilion as normal, is in the "Lap of the Gods", But you never know, we might just make The Old Winter Palace one more time!!!!!!!!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor