Miraculously upgraded from the Pavilion to this world class hotel, we were delighted to be able to walk around the hotel itself, and the gardens. The gardens are magnificent, and worth more than a casual stroll.
As with most older and grander hotels, the rooms are generally built for a time when huge rooms were not the norm, and I suspect that many gusts will find the rooms not quite as large as a more modern hotel. This is not a complaint, merely an observation, and anyone who might complain about the Winter Palace needs to look carefully at his life style.
The Winter Palace is a grand old lady beyond reproach, and should be appreciated as such. Well mannered and gracious.
Some of the guests might reflect on the social niceties which go with a hotel like this. An upgrade in behaviour and dress might enhance the experience no end!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winter Palace, built in 1886 on the Nile banks in a tropical garden is a magical experience of history luxury that hosted royalties and celebrities throughout the years. Winter Palace offers the mythical atmosphere with the modern decor comfort of a 5 star hotel. It is located in the city center, just minutes from Luxor Temple and the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Winter Palace Luxor Hotel Luxor
- Accor Winter Palace Luxor
- Winter Palace Luxor
- Sofitel Luxor
- Luxor Sofitel
- Old Winter Palace Luxor