“Amazing!!”

Sindbad Hot Air Balloons
Ranked #1 of 33 Outdoor Activities in Luxor
More attraction details
Owner description: As one of the pioneering companies for passenger balloon rides in the Luxor region,we are able to provide you with a unique and unforgettable balloon adventure.With nearly a decade of experience and 36,000 passengers flown in 2007 alone,we proudly consider ourselves among the very best companies in Egypt and worldwide.I Would you like to make your stay in Luxor amazing, come and experience the joy of flying in one of our hot air balloons.Drifting peacefully over the west Bank of Luxor,where you can see most of the monuments of Thebes.Get your cameras ready and enjoy the unique opportunity to view the magnificent panorama of Luxor town from a unique angle.For an unbeatable view of Luxor and the Nile River, take a flight in a Hot Air Balloon over the West Bank. Enjoy the sites of the West Bank from the air, away from the daytime crowds in the peaceful glow of dawn.Departing from your Luxor hotel or cruise ship you will cross the Nile River to the West Bank before sunrise where your balloon awaits.After a safety briefing and introduction to your ground crew and pilot, you will climb into the balloon's basket and get ready for lift off.As you gently rise into the dawn sky,enjoy the tranquility of the early morning sun rising over the East Bank, illuminating the city and mountains.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Safe, professional, well organised operator.

The sunrise over the Nile and Hatshepsut was spectacular

Would happily do it again.

Visited March 2014

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 attraction reviews
“amazing balloon flight!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I book the flight online before l arrive at Luxor. The organizer Mr. Hani contacted me a day befefore. The agency offers more than just balloon rides. He arranged for my transport to and from the airport and booked a sunset boat ride on the nile for additional fees ofcourse. The baloon ride was quite organized, they picked me up in the morning, around 5:20 am. I was given a safety instruction sheet to read and sign on the way to the westbank, whick was a boat ride offering much appreciated tea and coffee. Then we were transported by a second bus to the departure location. Again we were given safety instructiona by the pilot (all in English because we all booked it that way, they offer rides with pilots speaking other languages as well). Anyway the basket had 5 compartments one for the pilot in the middle and we were 4 people in each side basket around his. He explaind the trip and the landing position we need to take and the possible issues we may have on landing given that it all depended on the wind. It was a smooth take off and as it happens that ride was an EXCEPTIONAL one!!the wind took us across the nile!! Which has not happened often over the past few years. The pilot slowly took us to an elevation of 1500 feet, I didnt feel it till he actually said so. I was worried about the flight being my first and all but it felt GREAT!! The wind was gentle but kept pushing us towards the east bank of the nile. We landed in the middle of a cleared sugar cane field. I just cant described how good this trip felt. It was so lovely to see the entire city from west to east including the Luxor temple from above, which I had visited the previos day. The staff were so nice and helpful. Yes our trip started at the start of sunrise, but seeing the sun fully rise from the air was priceless :-) thank you Sindbad baloons for the flight and the amazing sunset boat ride. I really enjoyed my stay in Luxor and would highly recommend these activities. Oh and they even offered us to buy a dvd they made of the flight from the ground and set us photos via email shortly after the trip. The dvd was ready at the front desk of my hotel by 10 am.

Visited March 2014
Burlington, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a blast”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

While on a tour with Archaeological Paths, we were offered the opportunity of a hot air balloon ride. I had been up before but many years ago and in a much smaller basket. The baskets have 5 chambers 4 holding 6 people each and 1 for the captain, in our case Mahmoud. This was soooo much fun. You go where the air currents take you. In our case over Deir el-Bahri, the Valley of the Queens and over and past Habu temple. We saw the sun rise over the desert and Nile. Breath-taking. A soft landing and transport to a water taxi and back to the M/S Concerto. We had people from early 20's to mid 70's in our group. Never heard a bad word. Mostly just Ahhh, Ohhh, Did you see that? We were airborne for about 45 minutes and went up to 2400'.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Dee5531
Amman, Jordan
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fun flight”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Decided to do our first ever balloon flight in Egypt - Sindbad were very friendly, entertaining and safety conscious. Unfortunately the wind was not to be in our favour so had to fly away from Valley of the Kings - no matter, still had fun and loved the "English" landing

Visited February 2014
Sydney
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was a bit scared this being my first balloon ride, but the staff and crew are all professionals. the balloon ride was an extraordinary experience and to see Luxor in this way made my stay in Luxor complete.
The company I went with was called SINBAD, but could not find them on TripAdvisor.

Prices for this can vary. 350 ( LE) - 600 (LE) which is dependent how much the tour company/Hotel or agent

Visited December 2013