“The food and the experience, absolutely wonderful!”
Review of Oasis Palace

Oasis Palace
Ranked #16 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: American, Egyptian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: It has moved into the former "Oasis Cafe" building, across from the Bank of Misr
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This was my second visit to this beautiful restaurant. I stayed in Luxor for three days, and ate two meals here. It was one of the bext burgers I have ever eaten. Quiet and clean, I would eat here again and again. The staff was fantastic, friendly and warm, and it felt right at home.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Thisvwas our first of three visit to this fab eating place. We had just sat down when all the power went off! Thinking we would have to leave - no, candles lit rechargeable tower torches came out, food order placed and dinner served within 40 mins. The best fillet steak I've ever had. Only "complaint" from me was too much food for my jaded appetite - but then that's when the other half comes in handy!! Hubby loved the chocolate cake too. Well done to all.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Like one of the previous reviewers says if you go to Luxor you should go and eat at this gem of a restaurant.. Have eaten here lots of times and always the meals and service have been great . There is a choice of Egyptian or English food, non smoking or smoking rooms, Free Wifi. Romani the owner always makes you feel very welcome as do his staff. Looking forward to eating there again when i next visit Luxor.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

If you visit Luxor, you have to eat at the Oasis Palace. This was my second visit and both time I have have had most of my meals here, when not on day trips.

Set in one of the oldest buildings in Luxor, with the exception of the temple of course! The decor is superb, and has a smoking and non-smoking rooms. The staff are very friendly and the food is the best I have tasted in Egypt. The lentil soup is incredible, I recommend having it with the delicious garlic bread. The tagines are amazing, as are the shish kebabs. I'm not usually a fan of chocolate cake, but their home-made version is mouthwatering - ask for it to be served warm, you wont regret it. I can't fault the food (I have tried most of the menu!) or the service at all. My only one small suggestion, would be that the sandwiches are downsized - 2 sandwiches (4 slices of bread) is too much for lunch, but great if you have a big appetite!

All in it is a perfect oasis away from the dusty streets of Luxor.

Tip - if you are staying at the El Luxor, you can slip out via the service entrance, to the left of the pool area and the Oasis Palace is just a few meters along to the right. This cuts out the kalesh drivers and taxis outside the main entrance.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This place was great, though sadly, we were their only patrons. The owner told us that normally we would have to book for lunch. Such a shame to see these wonderful places struggling because of the current political unrest. If anyone is in Luxor, this little place is a must!