“Fantastic tour guide service!”

Luxor Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #33 of 92 Tours in Luxor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Luxor tours is trustworthy travel agency in Luxor and Aswan. This website gives best offers and advices for people who like traveling on their own. We offer an amazing kind of tours covering Luxor. Aswan abu simbel,Dandara and Abydos. Services and activities described in details below with a fixed price and there is no hassle. Luxor tours is a network of top professional freelancers, tour guides are  qualified Egyptologist  speaking English. Or French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese and of course Arabic and drivers have all education needed and licenses from the tourist police, vehicles are new and air conditioned and also licensed by the tourist police.
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I came to Luxor in May 2012 with my fiancee, it was my second time in Luxor, but her first, and was really looking forward to all the usual attractions. First time round (about 7 years ago) I did a couple of the trips through the rep company only to realise after getting back home that through the likes of Thomson and Thomas Cook, they basically charge you nearly 4 times the price of what you can get it locally..

So about the second day into the holiday, after meeting a helpful taxi driver, he points us into the direction of Ali and his travel shop, next to his other friends "Egyptian Tesco" (which was also a fantastic find!).

After speaking with Ali, he was extremely helpful and helped us arrange all the trips we had discussed before we'd left the UK. Starting with the West Bank for the first trip, with a Felluca ride, quad biking, cruise to Dendera Temple, day trip over to Cairo by air and a hot air balloon ride.

The hot air balloon was the biggest difference in price with the rep - Ali arranged the air balloon ride for 250 egyptian pounds , whilst the reps price in the hotel was 900 egyptian pounds! the rep did try and convince us that yes we could get it cheaper outside on the streets, but it wouldn't have the same health and safety aspects as "their" trips... don't believe it! when we got there we were in the same balloon basket as people who had booked with Thomas Cook..

Anyway, I digress.. becuase of Ali, we had a fantastic holiday, and were about to do everything we had wanted to do over the two weeks were were in Luxor.

Ali was very helpful, friendly, and seemed at his happiest knowing he was helping us out. Very professional in the office with sorting out exactly what we wanted, and wasn't shy with refreshments, and even gave us a parting gift on our last day! On the couple of occasions when Ali wasn't about his staff were very helpful, and the drivers he used were top notch.

I would highly recommend looking up Ali if you go to Luxor and want to get the best out of your holiday! I'll be going back to him without a doubt next time i'm in town.

Big thank you to Ali!

"egyptologist"
"nile"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is just a greeting to say thank you for the time we shared.
Without Ahmed ( Hammock Adventures), it would of course not have been the same, but I also do believe, it would not have been as good, you really made a difference.
We could not have had a better guide.

2  Thank Mariejason33
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We went to Luxor on a day trip, we had our 2 year old sone with us. We visited the Colossi of Memnon, an alabaster Workshop, the Valley of The Kings, the Mortuary Temple of Hatshetput, the Nile and The Karnak Temple.

This is a really hard review, half of the me wants to say its fantastic as far the sites were concerned the only thing that really spoils it is from the moment you step off the coach you get mobbed by street salesman. I started to feel really uncomfortable about it as did my wife especially when one of them started to touch her up - this is absolutley true. They also seemed fascinated with my son (He's got blond hair and I was told later this was probably why) I'm quite relaxed about stuff like this usually but it got to the point where I started to feel intimidated (I'm not a softy by the way but when they're pushing you and getting in your face and trying to redirect you away from your group and putting stuff in your childs hands and stroking his face then it isn't good) Basically they seem to have complete free reign both inside and outside the areas to do what they want and it stops you from being able to listen to the guide and enjoy yourselves as you are constantly being vigilant. The only place this wasn't the case was in the Karnak Temple as there was no sellers inside. The sellers man their bazzars and I personally witnessed peoples being pulled and pushed into the shops (this included children) I really don't understand it. People say its a cultural thing - its not, because if it was they would do it to the other Arabs visiting the sites - they don't, they only targeted westerners. I would have been more than happy to browse their stalls and wares and would probably have bought something for 5 times what it was worth (thats what you do on holiday isn't it) but it wasn't worth the hassle, if they left you to it (and they need to understand this) you would spend your money, instead nobody bought a thing and basically ran for the coach as soon as they could, everyone on our trip agreed. This wasn't just me, all forty of us on the coach said the same. There appears to be little or no security in the areas, the few Police floating about didn't seem to be that interested. You have to pass through metal detectors on entry to some of the sites but they seemed as though they weren't even plugged in, I never heard one go off, nobodys bags got scanned and no-one got searched.
As I said, the sites themselves (if you can get two minutes to glance at them) are amazing but I think you need to be aware as to what the reality is. Sorry.

6  Thank AliC666
Reviewed December 4, 2011

My sister-in-law and I have been visiting Egypt twice a year since 2005 when we were introduced to Ali by a caleche driver, Hamdi. The two are friends and look out for each other. Each time we visit Luxor we walk down to the Iberotel on the corniche and, if Ali is not there, there is always someone who will find him or kindly ring him on his mobile. Ali is a pleasant, clean, charming, handworking young man who will never let you down. He can arrange any kind of trip you need at very reasonable cost. As two women travelling together we always feel totally safe. We always use Hamdi and his son, Omar for our caleche rides. Trips we have done include boat rides, motor boat or felucca. Also visits to Valley of the Kings and Queens, Hatshepsut's Temple. This year we discovered for the first time that one can go inside Howard Carter's house which is as he left it with furniture and possessions intact. Amazing. We have visited new excavations, the new and old Qurna villages and some of the villages along the banks of the Nile. Last year we travelled by minibus with a driver and an Egyptologist to Abu Simbel via Aswan where we stayed overnight. We came back by road to Aswan and then first class train back to Luxor. It was a fascinating journey facilitated by Ali. Another new trip this year was to the wonderful ACE (Animal Charity in Egypt), patron Martin Clunes. Animals are treated free of charge and the centre teaches the locals how to properly look after their animals. We met a young girl travelling on her own this year and put her in touch with Ali. He arranged many trips for her, some with his cousins and brothers.She felt very safe and privileged to have seen so many things. Please support the local economy in Luxor as they are suffering so badly due to lack of visitors.

8  Thank Sprokoff
See more reviews
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My favourite place was Karnak Temple and the Sacred Lake, I would suggest to anyone going that they wear sensible shoes, there are good walk ways but in some places the ground is uneven and you can stumble, but that is one of the beauties of something this old. I have to say that I have been many places in the world and seen some wonderful sights but this is one of the only times that I have had chills in my spine. I almost felt Anthony and Cleopatra brush past me. I felt the power of the empire in a way I have never felt before.
Although a lover of history I had never been interested in Egypt and went only because a friend wanted to see it. I am now hooked on Egypt.
I do believe that the experience is enhanced by the quality of your tour guide and although I have no others to make a comparison to I was more than happy with the guide provided by Luxorforyou. He helped to bring the Temple to life not just explaining the history and pointing out statues and hieroglyphics but also explaining the simple things and answering questions.
I was concerned before I arrived about some of the reports of problems with hassle from street vendors, please do not believe all that you read Ahmed made sure that there were no problems always getting us in and out of the attractions and allowing us to stop if we wanted. Which my friend did often!
Luxor Temple is equally as beautiful and well worth the visit with the combination of the 3 religions with a Temple Mosque and Church in the same building, a true combination of faiths. This was something that I felt reflected Luxor itself. Luxors main business is tourism and you witness that all around from the guards at the Temples who will offer to take photographs with you and then ask for payment. Be aware that if anyone does anything it is not a Favour. There are guards in all of Temples and they will offer to show you things they say are not open to the public as a favour. I was happy to pay when I received a service but again Ahmed my tour guide made sure that this did not happen a lot and kept people away always happy to take photographs himself.
All in all a trip of a lifetime with lots to see and do and I will review the other sites that we went to when I have more time.