“peaceful and relaxing”
Review of Al Baeirat Hotel

Al Baeirat Hotel
Ranked #6 of 33 Luxor B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2013

spent 2 weeks her February 2013, on my first sighting I thought " oh! what have I done " After a refreshing sleep I was willing to give it a chance, I will add, its not your usual settings for hotel, as you are surrounded by farms and their wares, Day by day , after meeting the friendly staff I started to think " oh yes, do for me " from the owner down to bedroom cleaners I felt part of the family, Mahmoud the owner would do anything for u, and a free boat to eastbank was on call for me any time of the day. and telephone any of the staff and they would get me picked up. Only negative thing to say, the food menu is very limited, although what I did eat was suberb., Another feature is the brother of Mahmoud who owns nile flower, I did name him Mr fire, lol, have a nice stroll and visit his café., back to al baeirat, if you wish to see luxor from a locals view, treat yourself, pool is also kept spotless by the delightful ALI:) Mohamed the bookings guy, well he is ever so helpful. all in all. if you want great service, friendly staff, get yourself here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank HarrietW3

Reviewed May 11, 2013

A great escape away from the bustle of the East Bank. Brilliantly located to explore the Valley of the Kings, Nobles temples and all the other delights of the West Bank. Accommodation great in little bungalows with private courtyards. Walks into the banana plantation and free sunset cruise, what more could you ask for? We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine J
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My friend Nicola and I escaped the confines of Riyadh to celebrate my 50th birthday here and Can honestly say that I can not fault anything with this hotel and the super service that we have received... From the boat boy to the hotel owner!
I can thoroughly re come s this hotel to anyone wanting complete peace and quiet.. Wonderful food great service and a beautiful location!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Al Baeirat hotel was definitely the hotel we liked the most during our stay in Egypt! It is a small hotel on the West-bank of the Nile. The noisy Luxor-city lies on the other side of the Nile, but with the private boat of the hotel, it is only 5 minutes away. So visiting the temples of the East-bank is absolutely no problem (they can also arrange a taxi if you want).

The rooms are actually little bungalows that lie in the garden and each one has a small patio where you can sit and relax. The rooms are big, clean and very cosy.

The food at the restaurant is cheap and very very good! Also drinks are very cheap. The restaurant/bar looks out on the Nile.

Everyone at Al Baeirat hotel is very friendly and does his best to make your holiday unforgettable. They even offered us a sunset boat trip which was lovely.

The hotel is surrounded by banana plantations, so you can make a walk through the fields to the village nearby which was very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Koen V
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stay here if you want to escape from some of the hassle of Luxor. Appreciate by the price that you won’t be staying in 5 star luxury, but you will get a great reception from Mahmood (maybe less so from the German partner). Rooms are big and clean, bathroom is functional and they are always there to whisk you into town in the boat whenever you want to go.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

When I arrived to the hotel at time of the sunset, scene was bewitching,The rooms are large and clean, and we enjoyed fresh free fruit in the room.
Swimming pool overlooking the Nile River, it's really the best hotel I stayed in Luxor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I spent 5 nights here in early March. What a lovely place.
Very hospitable owner who is always around to answer questions or help you out. Lots of lovely staff who are friendly, polite and happy to help you where possible.
I had a lovely spacious room. I was really happy with it. Nice powerful shower, comfortable large beds and almost silent air con. I loved that my room had it's own garden and I really loved that I had a basket of fresh fruit every day! The best and most convenient thing was the minibar which had drinks at normal prices! I made use of the minibar a lot.
I ate at the hotel for nearly all my lunches and dinners. The quality of the food was fabulous and the portion sizes were amazing. Loved the drinks available as well and breakfast was great too.
The free boat to take you to the East Bank is great! Also the hotel put on a free sunset cruise which tea and snacks one night which was was very enjoyable.

The best thing about the hotel for me was it's very quiet location on the West bank and the animals that are around. I wish I could have taken the animals home. If you're an animal lover like me and are going to stay at this hotel please take some dog and cat treats with you. I did and they loved them so much. I miss Pussie and Molly the dog. Molly walks on only 3 legs and holds her left leg up. She was hit by a car 2 years ago and no one took her for treatment She's so gentle and loving. All these animals are stray and rely on guests to give them little bits so please help.
If you're not an animal lover don't be put off as they won't bother you if you're not interested.

The only bad points were the driver who picked me up from the airport who is an associate of the hotel. He was very nice and helpful but he charged me £15 for my visa. I later found out it was only $15 which is about £10. I also think the £15 charge for the 10 min drive from the airport was a lot in Luxor. That's more like a London price.
Lastly I wish the staff would be more kind to the strays and give them left over food. :)

If you have chosen to stay here you will undoubtedly have a fantastic and and relaxing time. Please give Molly and Pussie and cuddle from me! :)

Room Tip: 107 was great but they are all good.