“Lovely Delicious Peaceful”
Review of Villa Nile House

Villa Nile House
Ranked #3 of 32 Luxor B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This place was a real sanctuary, with very attentive and friendly staff and totally yummy food. the rooms are tastefully decorated and clean and you feel pretty special having your own domed ceiling! The evening fires were a real treat next to the outdoor swing and last night they had a 4 piece band here playing traditional music. I would highly recommend Nile House as it is very calm close to some great sites and a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank preya c
There are newer reviews for Villa Nile House

Reviewed November 22, 2012

i stayed 3 days in this amazing little paradise with some friends and cannot recommend it enough.
You feel more like you are at a good friends home. Mustafa and Badouie have created such an incredible place and make you feel warm and welcomed, helping out with anything that you need, or simply letting you get along with relaxing.
The rooftop terrace has one of the best sunset hangouts I've experienced, and my room was perfect, simple and clean.
The food was excellent (especially the Lamb and Okra Tagine and baba ghanouz) and the staff were always attentive and friendly.
The guesthouse has many rooms and many secluded areas, that have just the right amount of privacy from the other guests, so you don't feel like you are on display.
I would also like to add that on my journey back from Luxor to Cairo, there was a series of incidents involving public transport, that could have resulted in me missing my flight back to the U.K, where i live, However, Mustafa was quickly on the pulse and after a few emergency calls he managed to work a minor miracle and get three of us from the middle of nowhere back to Cairo in time for my flight...
So, all in all.....if you are in Luxor, this is the ONLY place to stay
Happy Travels

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank David K
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed 3 days in this guest house with my wife and I wished we had stayed longer. It is located in Luxor's west bank which a different world compared to the noise and hustle of the east bank. You fell that you are in a real Egyptian neighbourhood with friendly people saying hi to you everywhere and with a few but good local restaurants/bars near the Nile. The hotel is located a couple of blocks away from them, and 5-10 minutes from the ferry boat to go to east bank.

In this place you fill that you are staying at a friend’s home not in a hotel. Mustafa, the manager, is extremely friendly, helpful and professional. The same goes for Hassam and Ali, the hotel staff, who will always make sure that everything you are feelling at your best.

The hotel itself has been recently renovated but with a rustic traditional Egyptian style which adds to its charm. The webpage does not have updated pictures so I uploaded some new ones here. You can neither book the rooms through the webpage or the contact info that is there. You need to write Mustafa at nilehouse1@hotmail.com. At the beginning I was a little bit suspicious of doing it like that, but there is nothing to worry. He answers back very fast.

Although there are good local restaurants a few blocks from the hotel I would recommend the food from the hotel. It is delicious and not more expensive than the ones outside. Beside you can eat it wherever you want: by the pool in the garden or in any of the terraces. The terraces are one of the main assets of the hotel with great views to east bank. It is a great place to relax after a hot day visit to the Valley of the Kings or to have a romantic dinner. Ask Ali and he will arrange it for you right away!!!

If you want to stay in a calm, friendly, very local and home feeling hotel this is the place to stay. I will definitely come back. Now with the new renovations I am sure this will soon become the number one hotel in the east bank and one of the most top rated in Luxor. Mustafa and the rest of the staff really deserve it. I whish them all the best of luck!!!

Camilo and Natalja

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kmical
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We are a french family travelling as individual and were lucky to stay 3 nights at Villa Nile House. This guesthouse is not yet in any book I know , so I booked there based on previous tripadvisor comments only. Our stay was even better than I expected. We arrived at night and the place was really wonderful with the enlighted swimming pool (water is very clean). We are a family of 4 and we had 2 very clean rooms : one on the ground floor in front of the pool with 2 beds for our children and the Nefertiti one for us on the first floor with a terrace , TV and fridge.The manager nammed Mustafa Hassan is really very helpful and very kind.I recommand you book directly to him (nilehouse1@hotmail.com). He answered to my mails very quickly and speaks a very good english. He organized a full day taxi trip on west bank for us (I highly recommnand to make by yourself the walk by foot in the mountain from Deir El Medina to Hatshepsout temple , such a wonderfull view - but take water as it can be hot and good shows as you need to climb the hill ). He also organized for us an early morning balloon flight (it was wonderful !!) and also a taxi transfert to Marsa Alam for a very reasonable price . We crossed the nile with the ferry (only 1 le by person) to visit east bank temples on our own.You can also take a private motor boat for 10 le. We had 2 times diner in the villa : food was excellent (please ask in advance). Breakfast was also very good with pancakes, eggs, and the view from the roof terrace was amazing : one side on the nile and Luxor temple and one side on west bank montains (and view on the balloons if you wake up before 6am!) . The full staff made his best so that we have a pleasant stay and we really had ! so don't hesitate and go to Villa Nile house . It is really a gem !...there is also a facebook site with additional pictures

Room Tip: We had no time to visit the new rooms that were added recently ... you may ask to have a look...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sylvie B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Like others below, I am hesitant to raise this place's public profile because it's so good and I'd rather keep it to myself! But, being unselfish, Mustafa and his staff would probably love to have more business right now because Luxor (and most of Egypt) are suffering from low tourism. There cannot be a better time to go!

We stayed for three nights around Easter 2012 and it was simply fantastic. We only called to book about four hours before we arrived and it was no problem for them to give us a twin room. We arrived quite late in the evening and our bags were carried to the room - once we'd been given a choice of two! Both twin rooms looked beautiful, with spacious queen-size beds, mosquito nets (not really needed) and en-suite shower and bathrooms.

The room we chose opened out on to the poolside, which had plenty of loungers and towels for you to use. The pool is not artificially heated, but it was warm enough without that anyway.

The staff were gentle, welcoming and always keen to be at your service - but not overly so. We were offered the chance to eat breakfast wherever we wanted in the hotel grounds - the garden, either of the rooftop lounge areas, or by the pool. We were given a nice selection of local breads, honey, jams, boiled eggs, pastries and meats each morning, along with fruit juice and bottled water.

The location is, admittedly, a little hard to find. When you get off the public ferry over the river (don't be tricked into hiring a boat for yourselves - it's a scam - use the big public boat that has two floors) turn left and keep walking. You will eventually find yourself walking along a dirt road, past one or two riverside restaurants and shops. Turn right after a couple of side streets and you'll walk past a laundry/ironing shop, follow the road around to the left and at the end of this street, you'll look to your left and there'll be a wooden gate (see pictures on this page and hotel website) where the hotel is located. It's a secret for a reason :) You'll be grateful you tried hard to find it once you arrive!

Room Tip: You can either choose a room that opens out to the poolside, or one of the rooms upstairs which has...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank fraseyboyd
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I came to Egypt, Nile House for a much needed break. Very pleased to say what a wonderful stay i had at Nile House. My room having a double bed, shower room, television with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool and jacuzzi. The staff couldn't do enough for you. I was made to feel at home. The food and drink went down very well. Delicious! Ideal for couples and families. Enjoy the Nile house garden and tent area. A wonderful experience. Great service Badaoui and Mustafa. x

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shanti D
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Living in Cairo, my partner and I came to Luxor for a winter break from the noise and bustle of the city. We did a lot of research looking for somewhere on the West Bank where we could relax, recharge our batteries and do some low-stress sight-seeing. We were lucky enough to find Nile Villa House on our second day and checked out of our first choice hotel immediately.

English-speaking, with vast experience and great understanding of the expectations of visitors to Egypt, Badaoui and Mustafa put us at our ease and made us feel like part of the family. The friendly staff providing meals and drinks to order and arranging a local guide and transport when asked, but leaving us in peace otherwise.

A dozen rooms with balconies, overlooking a tranquil courtyard swimming pool, a shady garden to enjoy the inclusive breakfast and other meals, along with an elegant salon and bedouin tent, provided a variety of charming spaces to enjoy. Even in mid-winter, the pool was delightful, with sauna and massage room alongside. The sheltered roof terrace has views of the Nile and the Luxor Temple.

Our room and bedding were (kept) clean, were simply and tastefully furnished, with net over the comfortable double bed, fridge and air-conditioning, as well as a huge bathroom and sunny balcony, complete with fans and comfortable seating. We didn't watch the satelite LCD TV, but did appreciate the free wifi. You can hear the call to prayer, but otherwise just birds singing.

We really cannot recommend it highly enough and look forward to our next visit.

To check vacancies, or get a current phone number, email nilehouse1@hotmail.com - you will be glad you did ;-)

Room Tip: Most rooms overlook courtyard and pool
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple