“Great food and a warm welcome”

Hotel El Mesala & Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Egyptian, Indian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Great food and a warm welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

I recently visited Luxor with a friend and we had several visits to the El Mesala for food and drinks. I found the food was very reasonably priced and tasty and the staff very friendly and helpful. The first night we sat on the lovely roof terrace with beautiful Nile views. Other times we ate in the garden area at the front which was also very pleasant. During our visits there we had all types of food including local cuisine, pizza, indian and omlettes and were never disappointed. Overall we really enjoyed every meal there and would recommend to others, especially for value for money as it was cheaper than other places we visited in Luxor.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank jackieruth

Niel
“Good food and very nice view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

Our hostess recommanded this restaurant. The food was very fresh and we where treathed like queens! I ate the pizza, what I rarely do in Egypte but it was fantastic. Even better than in Italy! Just do it!

• Visited March 2011
EastKilbride,Scotland
“Why choose the rest, when you can have the best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

Breakfast was continental, more than enough to keep you going while sightseeing. Perfect place to eat, excellent menu, excellent service, food prepared freshly and extremely well presented. Pric.es are very very reasonable. Worked my way through most of the menu and enjoyed every single dish and my waistline shows it! For me this is the only place to eat on the west bank. If you are staying on east bank, it is more than worth it to take the local ferry across and sample their wonderful menu. Bon appetite

• Visited November 2010
No. California
“Great Food, Well presented, and responsive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

My husband and I stayed for two nights at El Mesala. We arrived just after noon so we started our visit with lunch and quickly decided we would eat most of our meals here. The menu is egyptian, indian, with pizza mixed in. We were not disappointed, in fact we were so suprised by the flavors, freshness, and presentation that we quickly decided why shop around for another place to eat dinner that night. I cannot recall all the exact items we ordered off the menu ( it was a couple weeks ago) but the few I remember were tandori chicken, curry lamb, kabobs, and a couple different types of stew type dishes, one Chicken and a couple beef. I wish I could recall the names. I am a very particular eater since I often have a sensitive tummy and I only wish I could have found such good food in Cairo or Aswan. Oh and the salads were good too. We literally gobbled down the tomatoe salad, It was so well presented with a rose shaped tomatoe in the middle of the plate and the most incredible basil & olive oil drizzled on top ...it was delicious. We did not try the pizza so I cannot comment on that. As hotel guests we had breakfast included with our room. It was continental and the bread was fresh baked...with jam, yogurt, cheese, hard boiled eggs. The restaurant also serves beer and full bar. I don't drink but my husband enjoyed his beer at the end of each day. From what we could tell there were serveral expats who also dined there. For those who stay on the Luxor side just take the ferry or a taxi across to the West Bank and walk to the left of where you disembark until you are across from the Luxor temple. Turn around and you should find yourself facing the El Mesala hotel.
Dining is outside under shade. I don't recall the prices but I know my husband thought the prices were very very reasonable.

2 Thank MK_Cal