“Terrific lasagne”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizza Roma-it

Pizza Roma-it
Ranked #2 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Situato in una zona tranquilla vicino ai maggiori hotel. Arredamento semplice ma con colori caldi alle pareti , cucina a vista.
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Terrific lasagne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Been to Pizza Roma it before and have thoroughly enjoyed the food - in fact it is terrific. On this return visit wanted to try the lasagne - it is to DIE FOR!!!!!!!
Freshly made pasta - loads of sauces - wonderful.
All credit to the staff as the lady who owns it is still away in Italy - she has taught the staff amazingly well!!
My husband requested that he had the steak - cooked rare (still mooing) and that was exactly what was delivered.
This place should be number ONE in Luxor - freshly made pasta, amazing pizzas,fabulous garlic bread etc etc etc.
Great prices- not breaking the bank or paying Winter Palace prices for 'posh pub food' as you do at some other eateries in the town.
I do have to agree with another comment that Pizza Roma It lack ambience BUT the food more than makes up for a few dim lights!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Lovegoingaway00

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
burnley uk
“Just like mama used to make”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Made our regular visit to Pizza Roma,and it was as good as ever.The Italian lady who runs the place was away on holiday,but the lads she as taught to do the cooking are first class a credit to her teaching skills.The food and the service,was just as good as ever,and we ate there a few times why we were in Luxor.Well worth a visit.

1 Thank hotlipsholt
Nottingham, England
“Great food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Highly recommended - the service is very 'hands off', but more than adequate and simply allows you to get on with enjoying the lovely (and very cheap!) food. Enjoy!

2 Thank dmg24
England, United Kingdom
“The freshness of the products is evident.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

When in Luxor I tend to avoid the European restaurants, however on my visit to Luxor during 27th April - 11th May 2011 I was taken to eat at Pizza Roma and it became a firm favourite. I ate there a number of times either with friends or on my own - it is so good to find a restaurant that a women alone can feel comfortable going in to and enjoying a meal.

Each time I chose something different from the menu, alternating between pizza or pasta but choosing different flavours/styles and they were all superb. The fresheness of the flavours gave a 'clean' taste to everything. I understand that the herbs used are grown on the premises. One evening all I wanted was a bowl of salad and it was the best salad I've had in Egypt!
Olive oil and Balsamic are brought to the table for you to help yourself to, as is grated parmessan cheese.

Desserts are a bit limited but adequate.

The only slight let down was the crepes which a friend and I ordered one afternoon. They came to us cold, and although there was some chocolate sauce it didn't help lighten the dish. We opted to have a portion of ice cream each to go with them.

The freshely squeezed lemon juice makes a refreshing start whilst you browse the menu and the expresso coffee hits all the right spots!

Prices were extreemly reasonable.

The staff here were very pleasant and seemed happy to accept our constructive critisisms which we hope will help them go from strength to strength.

The restaurant iteself was always clean, as was the toilet - always a good sign!

The tables and seating are perhaps not ideally conducive to spending long hours over a meal, that being said , when I ate there with one friend we managed to sit for hours talking and, as there was not a queue for tables the staff were happy to let us do so.

I believe you can also oder a takeaway, but I am not sure if they do deliveries.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank boringFS
Northumberland
“You should go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

Possibly the best pizza I have had in my life, it was huge and for £3 the best value pizza out there. Go on....try it for youself.

1 Thank chilled-adventures