“Highlight of my trip to Luxor”

Nobi Stables - Luxorstables
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I was a bit nervous about riding again after a hip operation a year ago, but decided to take a chance as it's not every day you get to ride in the desert! The boat came to pick me up from my hotel and then a boy accompanied me to the stables on the West Bank. Nobi was polite and professional and had listened to my concerns and found me the most beautiful horse who did not put a foot wrong the whole ride. Ashraf came with me and he was an informative and interesting guide. We rode for 4 hours through villages, sugar cane plantations and then had some good gallops through the desert. It was absolutely the best way to see everyday life in the villages and was an altogether magical experience. I wish I could have had time to go back again for another ride. I was taken to see a new born foal and also the camels, then was offered tea before I was escorted back to the boat. If you like to ride, do not miss this experience! Don't book through a tour operator, just call Nobi and all will be arranged and you won't regret one minute of what was perfect heaven!

1  Thank sueskyblue
There are newer reviews for Nobi Stables - Luxorstables

Reviewed January 15, 2011

My husband and I visited Nobi riding stables on our penultimate day before leaving Luxor and we were sorry that we had not been there sooner so that we could have had more chances to ride their wonderul horses and trek through the villages of the West Bank. Nevertheless we passed a blissful hour riding through villages with our guide Ashraf who looked after us wonderfully well. The horses are very well looked after and we can't wait to return to Luxor at which time we have decided to rent a house near to the stables so that we can go riding every day and visit many more areas of great interest and to experience the real life of the everyday Egyptian families. To sum it up, my husband and I visited lots of fascinating and incredible sites during our 2 week holiday in Egypt but when I asked my husband which part of the holiday he had enjoyed the most he replied...the horse riding on the West Bank!!! This by the way was the cheapes trip that we had taken during our stay! Highly recommended. If you book direct with the stables you can customise your ride as you wish without the restrictions of the tour operator.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

My partner and I decided that we would follow the Lonely Planet guide and go and find Nobi's stables ourselves rather than go on one of the many offers of organised trips to other stables we'd had from various tour guides supposedly offering cheaper trips but still on the same horses as Nobis??!! These trips are not cheaper and they are not on the same animals.

After taking the local ferry across the Nile to the West bank (1E£ each way) we made our way through the barrage of offers for taxis and bike hire and headed out on the main road. Unfortunately we missed the sign for Nobi's the first time as we were being pestered by a local taxi driver at the time so ended up walking all the way up to New Gurna and back before eventually finding it!! If you do the same as us it is only a 5-10min walk to the stables from the ferry. Follow the main road out, walk on the left hand side of the road, ignore the sign for Pharaohs stable and keep walking till you see a large tarmacked right hand turn, opposite this is a small left turn with a big yellow sign pointing to "Arabian Horse Stables" this is Nobi's stable. Follow this track and then turn right and you will see the stables in front of you.

After our experience of the hassle and having walked all the way to New Gurna and back we were understandable rather flustered but thankfully Nobi himself was very welcoming, we paid 100E£ plus tips to our guides for the two of us to go for about 1hrs ride on a camel and an hours ride on the horses.

I can easily say it was probably the most enjoyable thing we did on the whole holiday!!

The horses and camels were all well looked after and obviously loved by all the staff working there. The camel ride was great, not something I'd done before but most enjoyable and nice being lead around the quieter parts of the village that we wouldn't otherwise have ventured round. However the bit we both enjoyed the most was the horses. I can ride having previously owned my own horse but my boyfriend's only experience was a couple of slow hacks back at home. I need not of worried as both the horse and guide was brilliant. I was able to ride out front whilst the guide kept a close eye on my bf, riding next to him on a donkey. My bf's horse didn't put a foot wrong and looked after him beautifully, mine had a little bit of a spook at a bag on the floor but horses are horses and if your honest about your riding skill Nobi has the horse to suit you perfectly - he grades them as slow, medium and fast. We rode at through the village and then down on to the banks of the nile just as the sunset was starting, truly the most amazing experience.

On our return we were offered tea despite Nobi having to leave for his other job (he works at Karnak for the Sound and Light show) and allowed to sit and take our time before making our way back home.

So if you do find yourself in Luxor and wanting a camel or horse ride please go and find Nobi's Arabian horse stable - far the best thing we did whilst there!

Reviewed November 23, 2010

The Arabian horse safari and camel ride is a must do for all tourists visiting Luxor. The camel ride takes you around the beautiful westbank, through endless bannana farms and is both amusing and enjoyable for people of all ages!! The horse safari, is one of the most amazing and memorable things you will ever do. Taking you into the Desert, you can stand in the desert and watch the famous Egyptian sunset...one of the best sunsets in the world. I have been on the horse safari several times, and never want to get of the horse becasue im having such a nice time. a Real oppurtunity to see the westbank villiage, andwhat better way to see the desert than on a horse ? The guides are fantastic, they will look after you every step of the way, lovely to talk to, and you really can trust them. I reccomend Nobi horse stables hightly, the horses are well looked after, safe and clean surroundiings, and genuinely loved by all at Nobi horse stables. you've got to be mad not to give it a go!! 10 out of 10!! :)

1  Thank xxchynaxx
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Been to Nobi's many times over the last 10 years. His family have now become my friends. I first met Nobi when I was on holiday with Cosmos and they took our party over to Nobis to ride camels. I rode on Fox. The boy who is now a man is called Adam and I have stayed intouch with him also. Sitting in Nobi's back garden is so relaxing. talking with his family I just love being there.......

2  Thank newcastlemiss003