“Home away from home”

The Kings Head Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 154 Restaurants in Luxor
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Egyptian, European
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Late Night, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Bolton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Tried a few bars in Luxor, but the King's Head was the only one we went back to every night.
Was difficult to find at first, but from our first night we felt welcome and was treated like a regular, by the wonderful staff.
It has that simple 'pub' feel about it, with it's pool table and dart board.
It has a good selection of alcoholic drinks, which are reasonably priced. I cannot comment on the food unfortunately, as we never tried it here.
If you are looking to relax and prop the bar up with a pint or two after a long day of adventuring, then I would certainly recommend the King's Head.

ShadyKHP, Owner at The Kings Head Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for coming to see us every night and we are happy to hear that you were made to feel welcome and like a regular from the first evening.

Hope to see you again soon

Portsmouth
“Great atmosphere, friendly staff and cheap booze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you come to Luxor and you fancy a little taste of home, you have to come here. The happy hour is between 7-8pm and you can get a Stella Egyptian beer for £1!! In fact we're here now!
Free wifi, sports channels and dirt cheap even when not happy hour!

• Visited December 2012
We are always happy to hear that guests find our prices reasonable and that we provide a little bit of home away from home.

Thank you for taking time out to visit us

Trondheim, Norway
“An oasis in the desert”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

A fantastic place. Great staff and great atmosphere!!! Good food and good drinks, alot to choose between. They play pop from the 90`s, which is cozy. Very good prices. The irish coffee is sooooo goooood!

• Visited December 2012
Glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
We will have an Irish Coffee waiting for you upon your return.

Looking forward to maybe seeing you again soon

Aswan, Egypt
“Oh dear!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Sorry to say that since Gomah died the Kings Head pub died too.
The bricca bracc is impressive but the decor and cleanliness is not!

Visited August 2012
ShadyKHP, Owner at The Kings Head Pub and Restaurant, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
I am sorry that you feel conditions of the pub have gone down hill since my father passed away, however in honour of his memory I have purposefully not changed a part of the decor to keep his dream alive the way that he brought it to life. I apologise that you felt the cleanliness was also an issue, but I ensure you that I personally make sure that every area of my premises is cleaned on a daily basis.
I look forward to potentially seeing you again.

London
“Cheap, good atmosphere and reasonable food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Opposite the Lotus Hotel...draught lager at a very cheap price and nice red wine. Friendly staff. Food very good and reasonably priced. You have to climb some weird steps as it is on the second floor...don't let that put you off... you are heading in the right direction. Popular with the English, which usually frightens me off (being English myself!), but I did enjoy the food, service and beer and made a nice change from 'Egyptian' food which can be a bit 'samey' as there is no great eating-out culture in Egypt.

• Visited November 2012
Thanks so much for taking time out to visit us.
I am glad you enjoyed all we have to offer and I look forward to potentially seeing you again soon.